Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Illegal or not?

Hey. I was just wondering one thing.
I'm getting so pissed off because many images that i use keeps getting over-writed.
So i had this idea that i could for example copy tree.png and change the name to fn_pics1tree.png. To make sure so the image doesn't get over-writed. Get it?
But before i do it, i want to ask you, graal people..
If its Illegal or not?

*I don't want to break any laws ;x*
Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
How are you using them? Like on your server?
If you are using images from another server on your own, that is the illegal part to begin with. Go to the server that has the image you want and ask them if you can use their tree graphic. Then you can go rename it to what ever you want. I find almost all classic managers to be rather stingy with their files though as if Graal was a competition to get the best server. Go figure!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
How are you using them? Like on your server?
If you are using images from another server on your own, that is the illegal part to begin with. Go to the server that has the image you want and ask them if you can use their tree graphic. Then you can go rename it to what ever you want. I find almost all classic managers to be rather stingy with their files though as if Graal was a competition to get the best server. Go figure!
Well.. the images that i want is tree.png and treetop.png.
So i don't really know who to ask lol.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Well.. the images that i want is tree.png and treetop.png.
So i don't really know who to ask lol.
I think those may be default Graal images and in that case, you should contact PWA about getting those removed from servers that are "replacing them". The only way to find this out though would be to go to each server and find out which server causes the image to be replaced (which is a lot of work).
Old 05-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
You are allowed to rename and upload them, aye :P You should really be naming all your graphics files something like *servername*_*image* ex. classic_bush.png.

Good luck with your server, it really irritates me too when graphics get overwritten.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Bah, sometimes when I log on some servers I see zodiac trees or some random treetop image on a pics1 level
Old 05-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm should protect some default graphics better yes, so playerworld staff cannot (accidently) overwrite them. Normally it is preferred to not rename files, so that the files don't need to be downloaded again from each server you play on, but in such cases it is probably better to rename it to servername_filename.png or so.