Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2016, 05:40 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Why Thor's Classic is the Real Classic (scientific proof)

I first started thinking about this after hearing that there are people actually believing that Thor's Classic is not the authentic original Classic server. "There must be a way to settle this" is what I thought. Then I remembered there is a thought process invented by humans which separates us from animals and inanimate objects: science. The scientific method is often viewed as a flow chart in this order:

1 - Make an Observation
2 - Ask a Question
3 - Form a Hypothesis
4 - Conduct an Experiment (if successful skip step 5)
5 - Reject Hypothesis (return to step 3)
6 - Accept Hypothesis

Now I am going to make an observation about both Thor's Classic and Facebook/Android/iPhone Classic and I am going to put it through the scientific method, the results will determine which Classic is the real authentic original Classic server.

My Observation: Hours logged by players are recorded on the server.

My Question: are any of these hours logged the same hours which were logged by me when I first played Graal in ~1999?

My hypothesis: if my hours logged on Thor's Classic are still adding to the same counter today that the server was counting when I first played Graal, and Facebook Graal is logging a complete new set of hours, then Thor's Classic must be the same server that we all played Graal The Adventure on and so on. In this case any indication that the counter had been reset on Thor's Classic would indicate a restart disqualifying it from counting as the original Graal Main Classic server.

My Experiment: Hours my account has logged on Thor's Classic were 423. My account on Facebook Classic had only logged 2 hours.

Conclusion: Hypothesis Accepted. It is scientifically irrefutable that Thor's Classic server is the actual original official authenticated Classic server. The one that I played as an 11 year old. This other server is not the official Classic server.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
You could just type in 'Classic' on the server list and see where it takes you...

(on a serious note I do not believe there is a debate to be had)
Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Observation: "classic" is defined by the presence of a soccer ball that I can kick around
Question: "is there a soccer ball on "thor's classic" that can be kicked around?"
Hypothesis: if I log onto the one true classic, there will be a soccer ball to kick around, any server without simply isn't classic
Experiment: I don't see one
Conclusion: I don't know where classic is or who this doppelganger is
Old 02-13-2016, 04:14 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Observation: "classic" is defined by the presence of a soccer ball that I can kick around
Experiment: I don't see one
Conclusion: I don't know where classic is or who this doppelganger is
Irrelevant Conclusion: if this criteria is used, then any server with a soccer ball to kick would be Classic. In that case Graal2001 and Kingdoms would count as Classic, along with most of the playerworlds that have ever existed.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:46 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
modified observation: the amount of "classic" a server is is determined by the presence of soccer balls that I can kick around
Old 02-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Distorted has a spectacular aura aboutDistorted has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Distorted Send a message via AIM to Distorted
Quote:
modified observation: the amount of "classic" a server is is determined by the presence of soccer balls that I can kick around
I concur. Without the presence of a soccer ball, how could one measure the server's, "Classic"?
Old 02-14-2016, 04:48 PM
G2k1
Quote:
You're boldly trekking into the realms of pseudo-science now.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:36 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
I'm putting out the hard hitting facts that the rest of you are afraid of
Old 02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
classic was an inside job!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
gs2 can't melt steel beams
Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
blame obama
Old 02-15-2016, 08:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
good argument.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Please include hypothesis tests to ensure the accuracy of your assumptions. Please also take into account potential omitted variable biases which could bias your hypothesis. I would recommend including all variables (or as many as you can think of) to minimize this.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 02-21-2016, 05:16 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Please include hypothesis tests to ensure the accuracy of your assumptions. Please also take into account potential omitted variable biases which could bias your hypothesis. I would recommend including all variables (or as many as you can think of) to minimize this.
I couldn't think of any relevant variables that I did not include. I tested my one hypothesis, so the only thing I could do further is come up with a myriad of other hypotheses to test. I'm not going to do that though because my original hypothesis concerning hours counted is the broadest variable possible (it effects all players, and also influences all other possible relevant variables). Any relevant variable that could be tested subsequently relies on the "hours logged" variable, thus making further testing fairly inconsequential whether the results are in favor of a bias or not.