Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Gmap Levels Not Connecting

Oh boy. Yet another issue to hold me back from getting work done.

This time, my gmaps aren't connecting properly. While they were working literally a few days ago, now all but one of my dungeon gmaps seem to be broken.

Yes, I have automatic mapping turned on.
Yes, the gmap files and level files are all intact, and links are still working properly.
Yes, I have tried killing and restarting the NPC server.
Yes, I have tried updating the gmap itself.
Yes, I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the client.
Yes, I have tried resetting my account.
Yes, I have tried adding the loadmap command to the map, which does get it to load, but removes any NPCs in the level.

I am kind of at a loss of what to do at this point. Getting really sick of **** breaking for no reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Draenin; 05-29-2013 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
gmaps listed properly in your server ops?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Ah, that fixed it. I guess I had just been lucky before.

For some reason, they had been loading before without being specified in server options. Weird.

Thanks tons!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Ah, that fixed it. I guess I had just been lucky before.

For some reason, they had been loading before without being specified in server options. Weird.
Just some explanation, and this may or may not be what happened in your case:

GMAPs not in gmaps= will load clientside if you warp to the GMAP name (warpto 30 30 mygmap.gmap) but not if you warp to the levels. They won't load on the server without being in gmaps= (or being loaded dynamically). You always want to make sure they're loaded serverside; that will take care of the clientside loading as well. You can test that easily by looking at a player's level in RC; it should be mygmap.gmap and not something like mygmap_a1.nw. So, even if it seems to be working without adding it to gmaps=, you should add it to gmaps=.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Just some explanation, and this may or may not be what happened in your case:

GMAPs not in gmaps= will load clientside if you warp to the GMAP name (warpto 30 30 mygmap.gmap) but not if you warp to the levels. They won't load on the server without being in gmaps= (or being loaded dynamically). You always want to make sure they're loaded serverside; that will take care of the clientside loading as well. You can test that easily by looking at a player's level in RC; it should be mygmap.gmap and not something like mygmap_a1.nw. So, even if it seems to be working without adding it to gmaps=, you should add it to gmaps=.
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advice!