Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Whitey
Zanza_P2P is on a distinguished road
Warning to all AIM users. READ

If you recieve an IM from the aim account "Unixmad" I warn you, DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING HE SENDS YOU, it is NOT Unixmad. It will send you to a website that will cause you to open hundreds of outlook express programs or even crash. Easiest solution to fixing it if you click on it is ctrl alt delete. Choose whichever browser you used and end task.

If this is in the wrong section please move it.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
I thought it was funny, sorry
Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Like Unixmad would be sending anyone IM's :P
Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
i also found this humorous?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I dont find it humorous.
unixmad does not use AIM
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Unixmad IM me at [email protected]
Old 12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I dont find it humorous.
unixmad does not use AIM
This kind of thing falls along the same lines as AOL e-mailing you to click something pertaining to an update, or password database crap... quite obviously it's a scam of sorts, and people should really think twice about clicking a link from ANYONE they don't know on a day-to-day basis... especially one claiming to run any of the programs you use(because they would really personally contact you :/). If people would put even one second of thought process into something before they did it, this kind of crap wouldn't happen.

I do find it funny because people fall for this dumb ****. I can understand not everyone knows... but the problem is they walk away from being a victim of this, then go to their inbox and do the same exact thing again... they never learn from their mistakes. THAT is funny.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
people should really think twice about clicking a link from ANYONE they don't know on a day-to-day basis...
They should not have to, if clicking a link can get you in trouble it is a problem with the link-processing software you use rather than with clicking the link in the first place.

Quote:
especially one claiming to run any of the programs you use(because they would really personally contact you :/).
Speak for yourself
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
They should not have to, if clicking a link can get you in trouble it is a problem with the link-processing software you use rather than with clicking the link in the first place.
You still shouldn't... why would you?

Quote:
Speak for yourself
Cool you are... but would you open an e-mail and click a link from Stefan/Unixmad if you had never talked to them personally before?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You still shouldn't... why would you?
Perhaps curiosity, or just to come to a more confident opinion on whether it is actually Unixmad?

Quote:
Cool you are... but would you open an e-mail and click a link from Stefan/Unixmad if you had never talked to them personally before?
Sure.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Lol, I got an IM too. I've been posting on the forums again for a whole day now. That was faster than I expected.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 12-11-2008, 11:56 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I assume this cannot effect Linux users because we don't have outlook express?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I assume this cannot effect Linux users because we don't have outlook express?
I am guessing whatever this is would just start your email application instead.

Of course we cannot know for certain until someone actually posts the link
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
I am guessing whatever this is would just start your email application instead.

Of course we cannot know for certain until someone actually posts the link
True, but who'd be that stupid and click on a link from a random person?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
True, but who'd be that stupid and click on a link from a random person?
I am not afraid of random links.

Also you could just download the page and looking at what it does without executing the javascript or flash or whatever.
Closed Thread