Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2004, 12:37 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
The Graal Main Forum Future Improvements Suggestion Thread

(Boy, what a long thread title.)

Hi.

I'm Kamuii.

Most of you already know that so I'm not going to do any kind of introduction or anything. But there is one thing I do know:

I have been a very asinine mod for quite some time. And I have done little to actually make the two forums I mod (this and NGRT) any fun at all.

So, in the interest of improving the general quality of both this and NGRT and making it a much more fun place to post (with our already dwindling population!), I have opened this thread for the time being.

The purpose of this thread is to make suggestions regarding ground rules for this forum, possible activities, things like that. Some things I already have planned are Threads of the Week (which will be nominated on Sunday and the winner will be stickied on Monday) and crazy stuff of that sort.

To be a bit of a hard ass, I'd like to clarify that I am not opening the floor for people to backseat moderate or try and impose their will here. I want suggestions from community members and friendly discussion on said suggestion. Debating suggestions and flat out arguing will not be tolerated and I will be deleting off topic posts in this thread!

So, friends. Fire away.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Perhaps some kind of weekly signature making thread device...

I could use a signature graphic.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:44 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Threads of the week seems to be a nice idea! We need more fun and intelligent threads around this community. I only don't know how can we vote for the best thread. (If that idea become true)
Old 12-21-2004, 07:58 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrs
Threads of the week seems to be a nice idea! We need more fun and intelligent threads around this community. I only don't know how can we vote for the best thread. (If that idea become true)
Starting this coming Sunday (December 26th), I will post a thread titled "Thread of the Week Nominations", and people will be able to post links to recent threads in Main that they feel are worthy of being a Thread of the Week. Then, depending on enough people suggest the same thread or if there's no clear winner, I will choose the Thread of the Week, delete all the posts from the thread, and close it until the next Sunday.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX
Starting this coming Sunday (December 26th), I will post a thread titled "Thread of the Week Nominations", and people will be able to post links to recent threads in Main that they feel are worthy of being a Thread of the Week. Then, depending on enough people suggest the same thread or if there's no clear winner, I will choose the Thread of the Week, delete all the posts from the thread, and close it until the next Sunday.
Interesting, I guess it's going to work fine.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
I would like to see some more skins for this forum. I like green but I've been seeing it for what, five years now?

Thread of the Week is a nice idea too. You could also interview different Graal player and post that bi-weekly or something... a la "Get To Know Your Graalians."
Old 12-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuza
I would like to see some more skins for this forum. I like green but I've been seeing it for what, five years now?
That is probably possible, some simple different skins - such as changes in colours, and then maybe those that have big changes with different graphics.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
That is offtopic. Please post in the Future Improvements Forum.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
Uh... this very thread itself and the Future Improvements forum are one in the same? I don't see what difference it would have made. Spark also commented on the idea so obviously it was better said than not.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
This thread: Main Forum future improvements.
Future improvements forum: Forums future improvements, among other things!

I might be wrong, but your suggestion would be more appreciated over there!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:08 AM
what up
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Perhaps some kind of weekly signature making thread device...

I could use a signature graphic.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean like... a thread where people get together to make sigs for other people, or a weekly advice thread with tips on how to make sigs nicer? Tell me what you mean.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
He means, a thread where people request sigs they want made for them, and then someone willing to do it (thats talented) will make the sig for them. A sort of 'sig request' thread.