Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Zone Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
MOAR scripters!~1

Hey Guys & Gals,

I got my wish - an excellent scripter. Yay for me, right? Wrong, I'm a greedy so-and-so and I want moar. So please, tell your friends, tell your mom (even if she's your only friend), tell your dog. Sing it loud and proud, folks - I want more scripters. Let The Holy See know - let everyone know.

Did I mention I pay in gelats? fyi.

Same as last time, PM me your application and have some good examples of your work. Don't PM me scripts, I'm not a code monkey and I don't swing from code trees - but I will gladly eat all the bananas you can feed me, and will more than likely make mocking faces at you.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:49 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
MOAR THREADS

seriously.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Oh boy, gelats!

Not :o

Pay in hard cash, son.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Pay in hard cash, son.
Yeah son, thats totally how Graal works.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned
Well, he's gotta buy the gelats, doesn't he?

He shouldn't be paying anybody jack if you ask me. I'm pretty sure it violates Graal's T.O.S. first off, and if he gets the gelats for free, then he's sapping resources from other servers.

Laaaaame.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, he's gotta buy the gelats, doesn't he?

He shouldn't be paying anybody jack if you ask me. I'm pretty sure it violates Graal's T.O.S. first off, and if he gets the gelats for free, then he's sapping resources from other servers.

Laaaaame.
They come from Stefan himself not Stephen.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like the whole server is going to be staff if this pace of hiring keeps up o_o
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
O.o Free gelats!

Give me lifetime classic and I will learn to script in no time.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Banned
Yeah, my point being that Stefan is essentially giving out money for scripters. It's like me pulling cash out of nowhere. It totally screws up the economy. All the scripters will flock toward this place, it's like, bad practice. It should be a bit more fair..
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Yeah, my point being that Stefan is essentially giving out money for scripters. It's like me pulling cash out of nowhere. It totally screws up the economy. All the scripters will flock toward this place, it's like, bad practice. It should be a bit more fair..
Sound like a lot of crying or extremely poor use of sarcasm if you ask me. I've been offered anything from gold, accounts and even pure cash to script this and that on servers throughout the years, and I've never been even tempted to do it unless I've felt interested in the project. And if you're interested, it wouldn't matter if they rewarded you for your work or not, because you'd still enjoy working there.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
^ This !
Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Sound like a lot of crying or extremely poor use of sarcasm if you ask me. I've been offered anything from gold, accounts and even pure cash to script this and that on servers throughout the years, and I've never been even tempted to do it unless I've felt interested in the project. And if you're interested, it wouldn't matter if they rewarded you for your work or not, because you'd still enjoy working there.
Now that you mention it, I've been offered money and Gold for scripting things as well.

There is a difference, though. That money that people like you and me were offered comes out of someone's pocket. The money that Stephen is offering? He has a near-limitless supply, and with much less repercussion than me taking a $20 bill out of my wallet and purchasing Gold for somebody's account.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Now that you mention it, I've been offered money and Gold for scripting things as well.

There is a difference, though. That money that people like you and me were offered comes out of someone's pocket. The money that Stephen is offering? He has a near-limitless supply, and with much less repercussion than me taking a $20 bill out of my wallet and purchasing Gold for somebody's account.
You're missing one vital point here. Zone is a Gold server. That means it's an official GraalOnline server, unlike any of the Classic servers. That simple fact makes it rather obvious why Stefan would supply Stephen with that kind of thing, and it's fine. Hell, even I'm paying Gold for 2 people on Maloria in order for them to be able to work there - it's something you'd be prepared to do in order to ensure work getting done.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
My goal here is to get some great work done on Zone. It's going to take more than a few developers, and it's going to take more than a few days.

Realistically, I doubt it will noticeably effect the player:staff ratio on the server - but even if it does... it's worth a few months of awkward playercounts for some good, quality work that will last years of player enjoyment and - hopefully - bring some interest to zone, and cash to GO.