Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
Its still uploaded to the server?
Probably not?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
What I meant was that it's still there. I went there and it made me download the music again.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What I meant was that it's still there. I went there and it made me download the music again.
Strange, Bell said it was resolved too.

Silly server.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Wow.
Copyrights are a serious problem
but anyway, uploading a music to the file browser takes too much time first, + it will probably fail because the file is too large or something.
Streaming FTW.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say they disabled the script they were using to play the music but forgot to remove the song from the server itself. Then wander over there in a few minutes and see if I'm right or not.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
yeah. nobody wants to have to download these mp3 files. streaming is the way to go.
I prefer having my server music directly uploaded on RC and then use optional updatepackages for downloading them. That way I know that the song will definitely be available for as long as the server is online, plus I remember myself going through my Graal music folder as a newb and just listening to all songs - it was a lot of fun back then.

Also, if you have custom made music for your server and have someone that can claim ownership for it (we had Oinkness record himself making them and show Stefan a YouTube video of it) Stefan can raise your .mp3 download limit. I believe I had 20 or 30 MB limit for songs on Mythic, which Oinkness nearly hit several times.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Are you guys talking about the Soulja Boy crappy music loop in the club? If not, theres another piece of copy righted material on Atrius. How did that get through the PWA, assuming it was there on the review.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Yea, I'm talking about the crappy Souljiaw/e Boy music.

What did you find?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
You can stream it though, just don't upload it in the file browser.

And, by streaming I mean

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

play("http://www.website.com/path/to/your/song.mp3");

I wrote that same script in Javascript and it didn't work.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Rap should be banned from Graal anyways. Unless it's Era. It would be so badass if I had a good sound system on my computer, and someone in a car pulls up to me on the streets of Era blasting music from their car that makes my whole bedroom vibrate. It happens when people drive by my house, but I'd love to see Graal do that.

Buy me subs plox
Old 09-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
It didn't download for me. Whats the file name you're getting?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned
dama-souljaboy.wav
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Problem taken care of, it wasn't in the level that we assumed it was in I dont even know if it was in a level, as the levels that played music were streaming

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
They had changed it to stream but it just still happened to be on the server itself. Its been removed now.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
That soulja boy clip was the ****test made loop. dont get me started on the actual music.

So why is streaming legal? Your still using some one else work for commercial purposes. Not what the original stream was intended for.