Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Wrong. I know many people who watch Dora over seven years old, including my sister and several of her friends who are all nine.
Wow I.. I'm so sorry. You're right. Thank you so much for that enlightening statement that did not in any way ignore the general point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I've seen the 'girls don't fart' episode, that's still not childish. There's a difference between adding childish humor and being childish. Dora is childish. Spongebob is childish. Mythbusters has some childish humor.
Haha okay sure, but once again you're focusing on some of the cartoons aimed at a younger age group. Yes, a lot of older people watch Spongebob. It's got some gems but in general it is very childish. But um, it's FOR children. Have you never seen Adult Swim? Yeah, those are cartoons. So is South Park. So is hentai. The point is that just because it is animated, it doesn't necessarily make it any more childish than live television, ESPECIALLY when comparing it to a show that is basically a group of grown ups doing really childish things. No, kids aren't going around making heavy machinery and blowing **** up, but they want to, and they'd enjoy the show as much as, or more than the average adult.

I personally would vastly prefer watching cartoons over any sitcom (With the exception of Happy Days, which is the best sitcom in the history of mankind) or reality show, which are really the most popular types of shows these days, all of which are live action. But that doesn't make them any better or any more adult than some of the best cartoons around.

Quit knockin' cartoons man. Anyway, as I've heard it said so elegantly, "Those who try their hardest to act like adults are missing the point of life." Enjoy your inner child, dude.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
16 here, too. I don't watch anything, TV sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
20 here. News, Adult Entertainment, ...
Anything on around 1 am in Germany is fine programming.

As for me, I'm 20 and don't have cable at school. But I have watched 'Ace of Cakes' over at a friend's house and that is the most kickin' rad show ever. Right behind Man Vs. Wild.

e: but I'm not gonna make a signature about it, just to stay on topic...

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
Wow I.. I'm so sorry. You're right. Thank you so much for that enlightening statement that did not in any way ignore the general point I was making.
I apologize. Truce?

Quote:
Haha okay sure, but once again you're focusing on some of the cartoons aimed at a younger age group. Yes, a lot of older people watch Spongebob. It's got some gems but in general it is very childish. But um, it's FOR children. Have you never seen Adult Swim? Yeah, those are cartoons. So is South Park. So is hentai. The point is that just because it is animated, it doesn't necessarily make it any more childish than live television, ESPECIALLY when comparing it to a show that is basically a group of grown ups doing really childish things. No, kids aren't going around making heavy machinery and blowing **** up, but they want to, and they'd enjoy the show as much as, or more than the average adult.
Okay, I originally thought you were saying that Mythbusters was more childish than Spongebob or Dora, but if you mean animated things like South Park or Family Guy, I see what you mean.
Quote:
I personally would vastly prefer watching cartoons over any sitcom (With the exception of Happy Days, which is the best sitcom in the history of mankind) or reality show, which are really the most popular types of shows these days, all of which are live action. But that doesn't make them any better or any more adult than some of the best cartoons around.
I don't really like cartoons much, I don't know why. I don't like more adult-themed ones either such as South Park.
Quote:
Quit knockin' cartoons man. Anyway, as I've heard it said so elegantly, "Those who try their hardest to act like adults are missing the point of life." Enjoy your inner child, dude.
That's all they're tryin' to do!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
That one looks good.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Not bad, but I don't like the dull look it has.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx

I hardly did anything to this one. Its pissing me off because I don't know what else to do to it.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
I attempted to make one. Owl Pun Included

Second Attempt.

Last edited by Desear; 04-21-2008 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: Added another.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:24 AM
Banned
What's Helix Nebula?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:28 AM
Live to Laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
What's Helix Nebula?
Its the "Helix Nebula", its a planetary nebula, located about 650 light-years away from Earth, in the Aquarius Constellation. It's often referred to as the "Eye of God". I think it just looks cool.

Edit: Here is a way better image of it.

Edit 2: Just created this Signature so I can use it myself.

Last edited by Desear; 04-21-2008 at 04:37 AM..
Old 04-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Banned
That's what I thought it was I just didn't think you would do that. Your Zone signature lewks purity.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Live to Laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
Your Zone signature lewks purity.
I think it looks sorta ugly. Don't have alot of font choices on my Paint Shop Pro, will try and download more later.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Banned

I heard we had some luzer Bleach fans.

Last edited by xAzerothx; 04-21-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
O.o the bottom one is from naruto, nartuo FTW xD, i like the bottom one most, not just cuz it's naruto, it just looks better.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:14 PM
† Ðяΰм & βâsş †
blazeingonix is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to blazeingonix
The pic of the Helix looks like an eye , is awsomeeeeeee