Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Well first and foremost you need to make the existing stats balanced so that there's a reason to opt for favoring Int/Wis/Pow/Cha early game as well as provide crucial late game rewards specific to those classes.

Str Dex and Con all have very important rewards that scale well in any stage of the game. Str translates to damage output and carry weight which supports Dex's attack speed and movement speed bonuses and Con is just overall useful. But in the early stages of the game these appear to be the only important stats because speed is often such a deterrent early game if you're running at ~1.0.

Int, Pow, Wis and Cha don't offer much of anything early game because a players speed will make any grind as a pure mage into an impossible quest.

A simple late game suggestion would be to increase the caps on certain stats depending on classes. This wouldn't have any affect in early-mid game so however you differentiate there will probably still scale over and stack with this. For example, A warrior's Str and Con caps would move to 35Str 35Con, with Dex, Int etc.. remaining at the 30 cap, or even reduced caps are possible. Another example, Thief's would have Dex and Cha cap at 35. But this can only work if stats are balanced otherwise people will rush toward whatever makes them the best sword swinger like always.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
A simple late game suggestion would be to increase the caps on certain stats depending on classes.
I quite like this concept (since skills/spells/items/everything is universal), though it would still require immense amounts of balance. Lo I thinkith that these stat caps are inaccessible to be modified. Not sure...
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would be an amazing addition if some classes could NOT do certain things. Make them different. We all become the same, pretty much, even WITH this new proposed system.

Make it so a priest can't use weapons in the same way that a warrior can. Catch my drift?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
I think it would be an amazing addition if some classes could NOT do certain things. Make them different. We all become the same, pretty much, even WITH this new proposed system.

Make it so a priest can't use weapons in the same way that a warrior can. Catch my drift?
Or simply make it for more difficult for all classes to do the same thing, for example a priest might gain 25-50% of physical experience that a barbarian would gain from killing the same monsters.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
I think the class revamp should be done in the next few weeks together with the char slot system. Still need a good pro/contra list for each class.

So if you want to help, thin kabout every class, give it pro and contra and post it here.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Or simply make it for more difficult for all classes to do the same thing, for example a priest might gain 25-50% of physical experience that a barbarian would gain from killing the same monsters.
A good start, but eventually everyone would be the same again Stephen. I want to be different from Bob and Mike. Not work towards the same goals. I want my Priest to be able to do things that the Sorcerer cannot. I want to be able to cast spells that the Thief cannot. I want the Barbarian to be able to wield weapons and unleash different attacks that I won't be able to use. I want the classes to compliment each other while being unique and having their own playstyles. My priest can wield a staff and perhaps certain bows, whilst not being able to equip axes. etc. Just some thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I think the class revamp should be done in the next few weeks together with the char slot system. Still need a good pro/contra list for each class.

So if you want to help, thin kabout every class, give it pro and contra and post it here.
I still don't like the char slot system and I think a new poll should be done with the news about the update. (Unless it's already complete.)

I'll try to think of a legit list of class perks. I'll have it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited by BigBear3; 09-04-2013 at 11:33 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
But eventually everyone would be the same again Stephen. I want to be different from Bob and Mike. Not work towards the same goals.

I still don't like the char slot system and I think a new poll should be done with the news about the update. (Unless it's already complete.)

I'll try to think of a legit list of class perks. I'll have it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Why should a Char Slot system not being good when the classes become unique to each other? I dont understand it.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Zormite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Why should a Char Slot system not being good when the classes become unique to each other? I dont understand it.
I had trouble reading your question but I think I got it. I never said it was not a good thing. I'm just personally against it. Everything I've said on this particular thread pertains to players being more unique than each other. With this as a goal, a char slot system is a step back.

However, I am not the manager of Graal Kingdoms. It's not a bad idea, just not one I generally agree with myself.

(EDITED THE POST BEFORE THIS ONE)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I dont think the character slot system would work well with GKs mechanics/gameplay.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
A good start, but eventually everyone would be the same again Stephen.
I'm completely against this philosophy. However, as a compromise I would suggest in this example that the experience difference is prohibitively low, such that it's completely impractical to reach anything greater than a physique level of ~20 in a priest.

If you're looking to to differentiate classes in a concrete way there are options - like the type of weapon or items each class is permitted to wield as well as the skills available to them. It doesn't have to be a black and white broad spanning thing.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Zormite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm completely against this philosophy. However, as a compromise I would suggest in this example that the experience difference is prohibitively low, such that it's completely impractical to reach anything greater than a physique level of ~20 in a priest.

If you're looking to to differentiate classes in a concrete way there are options - like the type of weapon or items each class is permitted to wield as well as the skills available to them. It doesn't have to be a black and white broad spanning thing.
There is a best way to play, and everyone goes for it. And as for your idea for exp. You've given me an even better idea. For example, making a certain amount the MAX a class can reach in a certain area. As such;

Priest Max levels

Agi 50
Mental 70
Magic 60
Phys 40
Personality 50
Wisdom 100

etc.

Sorcerer

Agi 40
Mental 90
Magic 100
Phys 30
Personality 50
Wisdom 60

I REALLY like this idea. I would not have thought of it had it not been for you Dr. Steef

And the way to balance it would to make all levels have to equal 300 or so.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
And the way to balance it would to make all levels have to equal 300 or so.
Yeah, no. The idea is solid... for iGK perhaps? Or any game that hasn't been already established for a decade.

This would limit game-play immensely, (300/635.. more than 50% cause the highest levels take the most) and as seen in other recent threads... there are people playing solely to max their skills/etc.

Beyond that, it would require removing experience from players and/or a skill reset to achieve. Which just slaps anyone who bothered to leave the trade room and actually play the game. I personally would never touch the server again if this happened.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Zormite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
there are people playing solely to max their skills/etc.
You don't think it's a problem that for an incredibly long time that was all there was to achieve?

Quote:
Beyond that, it would require removing experience from players and/or a skill reset to achieve. Which just slaps anyone who bothered to leave the trade room and actually play the game.
Yes. A reset would work wonders after this. Imagine it. The game would be fantastic. Everyone would be at the same level. A fresh start. Kingdoms actually working together. It would be like it was. But better than before.

A reset is a topic for another time but it is something I've always supported for as long as I can remember. And this is coming from the guy who was #4 on the EXP list at one point as well as one of the wealthiest players simultaneously.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If what I remember is true about GK:

1. Classes have been not much more than a title and a starter pack choice
2. You can learn all the other skills you didn't get in the starter pack

Then changing the system to be meaningful (by applying benefits/limitations) retro-actively is a bad idea.

The only way I see it working is by introducing a separate class system that functions independently of the current (legacy) system. Character slots would then give you the avenue of allowing people to try the new system while still keeping their existing (legacy) character in tact.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If what I remember is true about GK:

1. Classes have been not much more than a title and a starter pack choice
2. You can learn all the other skills you didn't get in the starter pack

Then changing the system to be meaningful (by applying benefits/limitations) retro-actively is a bad idea.

The only way I see it working is by introducing a separate class system that functions independently of the current (legacy) system. Character slots would then give you the avenue of allowing people to try the new system while still keeping their existing (legacy) character in tact.
Alternatively, we could introduce character slots - such that the persons legacy character is stored on Slot #1 and their new classed character is on #2, etc.