Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
My nick is Moon God , the account name is Milkdude99

They may not have touched the logs at all and it will clearly show who did it , they can however delete exactly what they did and all the logs will show is they deleted something. This is done by deleting the entire log, all it will show then is they deleted the log not all what they deleted. True this in itself is a Global banning offense but it still won't show they did anything other than that. Limit log access to only yourself or only give read rights (r) and not read, write rights (rw) in this way only you can alter any log files. The only reason someone would alter the log is in what I used to do on a monthly basis to keep the log file smaller and able to find something easier, rename it to that month and year, the server will automatically make a new one to replace the one you just renamed. This makes the log more manageable to view something on it if you do it by month and year. (Example: 11-01-2003) I did this at the first day of each month, then if you needed to look up something on the log it is much easier to do other than looking thru 100's or 1000's of entries.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

There cannot be two owners. -_- Owner=Person who pays the PW rent fee.
It is possible to have more than one pay for a server, thus 2 Owners. I would advise against such a thing because of the obvious but it can be done.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Last edited by Milkdude99; 11-09-2003 at 10:37 PM..
Old 11-09-2003, 10:49 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159

If you didn't want other people to comment on this issue, you should have sent a private forum PM to Spark
I haven;t seen spark on AIM in like 2 or 3 weeks... and he isn;t responding to my forum PM's either...

(partly posting this to hope that Spark sees...)
Old 11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD

I haven;t seen spark on AIM in like 2 or 3 weeks... and he isn;t responding to my forum PM's either...

(partly posting this to hope that Spark sees...)
I will relay the message for you , I see him almost everyday on Aim. This may be due to the fact that some of us do use SNs not known to everyone.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 11-10-2003, 12:44 AM
matt8891 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matt8891 Send a message via Yahoo to matt8891
Re: Operation Crisis Deletion

Quote:
Originally posted by Xloria
Someone on my staff with a level 4 rc has deleted everything from the playerworld "Operation Crisis" aswell as taken my level 4 rights from both my ownership accounts Xloria and Admin-Playerworld75 account to bring the server back up. Which is 2 globally effenses which should result in globally banning. So can a global please come on the rc and put the rights back also when I will I will be able to tell who did it by looking in the logs.
Thank you.

Are you sure it was Golbez??
Old 11-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
The title isn't owner... why call it owner? They don't own the space they have, they are renting it.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Theres not much you can do about this whole thing with a staff deleting your server. Its been happening lately because of idiots who get bored and decide to delete everything. Theres no way to prevent this from happening besides right restriction, thats the only way. Everythings gone so unless you had back-ups, you will have to start over. A global staff can get on and give you your rc and rights back but thats pretty much all they can do for you. They cant magically make everything reappear.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by Gambet
Theres not much you can do about this whole thing with a staff deleting your server. Its been happening lately because of idiots who get bored and decide to delete everything. Theres no way to prevent this from happening besides right restriction, thats the only way. Everythings gone so unless you had back-ups, you will have to start over. A global staff can get on and give you your rc and rights back but thats pretty much all they can do for you. They cant magically make everything reappear.
Yes there is , Npulse has never been deleted by a Staff Member and Npulse is not the only server that has not been deleted in this manner. You are careful about how you depense your rights and to who , this will resolve this 99% of the time. The only one besides Moonie that had these rights on Npulse was someone who had been with us 2 years, he had a "proven track record of trust and devotion to the server" . This is why he is the Manager now, people give too many rights too quickly to those who have not proven themselves worthy they are responsible enough to have them. Those of Staff or those who desire to be Staff who demand certain rights to take a job on the server don't need the job , because they will certainly also be the ones who will cause damage to the server at a later date. Think people , use common sense and above all protect your server as best you can.

Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
The title isn't owner... why call it owner? They don't own the space they have, they are renting it.
Maybe because "renters" sounds odd?

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 11-10-2003, 02:04 AM
moongod did you even read my post?. You said exactly wat i said, right restriction, meaning give rights to the people who you trust and who have earned them. You just said the same thing i said but in a longer version when all that was needed was 2 words XD.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by Gambet
moongod did you even read my post?. You said exactly wat i said, right restriction, meaning give rights to the people who you trust and who have earned them. You just said the same thing i said but in a longer version when all that was needed was 2 words XD.
SB there was much more in my post other than what you said; you just said something I had already said in a previous post. You have you way of doing things, I have mine, so why is it you criticize what I said? I didn't what criticize you said nor do I resort to calling people idiots, it doesn't help anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99

Think before you put your PW in jeopardy, use common sense when administering rights. If your IP ranges have not been put in as suggested , then it may not have even been someone of your Staff. The rule for IP ranges was made for a good reason and I strongly suggest you follow it in the future.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Last edited by Milkdude99; 11-10-2003 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-10-2003, 07:56 AM
i wasnt callin u an idiot =P, and yea ur right, everyone implements there own opinions. Well i think this issue was resolved by now, or atleast the renter knows what to do and how to not make the same mistake.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Thought is on a distinguished road
Didn't read most of this thread, however.

1. Your fault.
2. Not that I did it, however, It is amusing and ironic that an Era ripoff finally got what it deserved.

I am now using my new account, Rick.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Yoonacorn
Scott is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Scott
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99

It is possible to have more than one pay for a server, thus 2 Owners. I would advise against such a thing because of the obvious but it can be done.
It is possible to have two people pay, yes. However, whoever owns the paypal account that was the basis of the transaction to GO, is the real owner. I doubt Stefan would do a manual request and accept the fee split, and from 2 different accounts.
Besides, Xloria was the payer and I know that for a fact.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thought

1. Your fault.
2. Not that I did it, however, It is amusing and ironic that an Era ripoff finally got what it deserved.
Agreed.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Blast you!!1
thesaiyan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Thought

1. Your fault.
I agree with the "Your Fault" part because they should have checked IP ranges and rights better.
But, to my understanding, OC was going to be a WW2 based server. How is that an Era rip? It has guns, so what?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I have been away for the last 3 days as my computer is playing me around. So I reinstalled windows XP Pro, but now there is a problem where it restarts and either restarts normally or just leaves me with a grey screen, so that doesn't help as I cant update from windows update over night as sometimes it cuts off, so thats slowing me down +_+

If this is still an active problem forum Pm me.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Yoonacorn
Scott is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Scott
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
I have been away for the last 3 days as my computer is playing me around. So I reinstalled windows XP Pro, but now there is a problem where it restarts and either restarts normally or just leaves me with a grey screen, so that doesn't help as I cant update from windows update over night as sometimes it cuts off, so thats slowing me down +_+

If this is still an active problem forum Pm me.
MS Blaster, dude.