Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Boxed

Anyone else remember going to game stores, buying a box full of Video Game, and getting the game, the manual, a pad of paper, a scratch-n-sniff card, some stickers, 3d glasses, and a decoder wheel?

http://www.feelies.org/prices.php

Hell, if Graal was sold with free classic/a year's gold, and the auth code was on an antiqued coin, or a Zone Driver's License...

"Yes, I'd like a box of Vidjo Game plx?"

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
It'd be nice if Graal was a physical product in some way, but I think you already know that will probably never ever happen. They should have sold physical gift cards, they're pretty cheap to mass produce too, but there is just no effort placed into that kind of stuff. It's a shame really.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
If I remember, back in 2003, when I decided to upgrade Crono1508 from a trial, it was 29 USD.

This included gold for 6 months, and lifetime classic.

Then, the next year around Christmas time, they actually gave a great deal on VIP. I guess it was a holiday special for 19 USD. I got that as well. That lasted for a year.

But after all of that, I have not stuck my money into Graal again.
Today you can't even purchase lifetime classic (which I think is stupid).

And the new trial system doesn't seem like its doing a good job pulling new players into the game.

And nows its 35.66 USD for the cheapest payment upgrade, and its only 8 months worth of gold; after that you're basically screwed.

Its really not working in my opinion.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
And nows its 35.66 USD for the cheapest payment upgrade, and its only 8 months worth of gold; after that you're basically screwed.
You appear to have missed that those 8 months include all of these things (based upon the previous "system"):

* 8 months of Playerworld Gold
* 8 months of Graal Kingdoms & Zone Gold
* 8 months of Lifetime Classic

Hell, that's a pretty damn good deal. I would've had to pay around $50 to get that in the past.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
But some of do not care for the Gold such as Zone and Graal Kingdoms.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
* 8 months of Lifetime Classic
What?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
What?
You beat me to that
Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I knew I worded that wrong, I was simply trying to compare it with the previous packages using the same names. 8 months of Classic would be more accurate, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
But some of do not care for the Gold such as Zone and Graal Kingdoms.
So? The point is that you're paying minimally more for what you want, and get more stuff at the same time.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I can't imagine it being very hard to seriously increase Graal's exposure. It really is as simple as this (but hard in the same sense): If you put it out there, people will buy it.

If you put "Graal Cards" even in smaller store chains (take out a business loan if it's too expensive). Proper advertising on YouTube could also increase it a lot. I know that they'd like free advertising, and I'm guessing that's why they are doing the iPhone project: for unique exposure.

I can't imagine it being too expensive to "promote" your video on YouTube. Probably just a one time fee could seriously put Graal's name out there if it had a nice advertising video. It's not hard to make a game look really appealing to Graal's target audience (a bunch of bored middle schoolers).

I honestly wish Graal had more people playing, maybe then they could decrease the prices a little bit and I would have more of something to work for.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I think they're waiting for us to advertise for them, which is ridiculous. We could probably make an awesome YouTube ad but what's the point? What would we be advertising? There's NOTHING to show off about Graal, and this is CJ's fault for not making themselves a new (preferably high quality) flagship server in 6 years.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
This would never happen.
I really don't think CJ wants to advertise anything.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Scratch and Sniff was the best thing to happen to the entire world.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I think they're waiting for us to advertise for them, which is ridiculous. We could probably make an awesome YouTube ad but what's the point? What would we be advertising? There's NOTHING to show off about Graal, and this is CJ's fault for not making themselves a new (preferably high quality) flagship server in 6 years.
Zone?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Zone?
Zone is carp
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Zone?
CJ didn't create Zone. They just gave it a slight revamp and re-scripted it.