Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Bad Request

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

I get this message since a couple of days when I try to open the forums or the mod cp with firefox.
With IE it works fine.
Any suggestions what's the cause?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Stop using firefox i guess.. ;o
Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Clear your Graal forums cookies.

The bad requests have been a huge problem for us for a long time but no one has ever bothered to do anything about it.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Clear your Graal forums cookies.

The bad requests have been a huge problem for us for a long time but no one has ever bothered to do anything about it.
Thanks it works. I used firefox since years and never had this problem before.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a firefox problem, it's a forums problem. You probably collapsed one of the sections or something, which causes a bad request.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
superannuated super mod
Quote:
It's not a firefox problem, it's a forums problem. You probably collapsed one of the sections or something, which causes a bad request.
Yes it's possible. At last I'm glad not to use IE anymore just to go on the forums.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
The problem is apparently some sort of security patch/plug-in or something that Unix added. It also disallows the posting of percent signs, much to the dismay of scripters. You should get Stefan to fix it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
The problem is apparently some sort of security patch/plug-in or something that Unix added. It also disallows the posting of percent signs, much to the dismay of scripters. You should get Stefan to fix it.
You can bypass the bad request errors with percent signs if you replace them with "& #37;" as one word before posting the thread, although this wouldn't help when posting within php tags because it wouldn't change to a percent sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Stop using firefox i guess.. ;o
Why would anyone have to stop using firefox? It works much better than IE in my opinion any not everybody can use IE because it's only supported on Windows operating systems.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
You can bypass the bad request errors with percent signs if you replace them with "& #37;" as one word before posting the thread, although this wouldn't help when posting within php tags because it wouldn't change to a percent sign.
But therein lies the deeper problem. You can only bypass it once. Any attempt to edit the post ends up with a bad request, so your post is basically locked in whatever state you post it in.

Again, we shouldn't have to take this sort of problem into our own hands like we apparently do with everything else around here. They need to fix it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
But therein lies the deeper problem. You can only bypass it once. Any attempt to edit the post ends up with a bad request, so your post is basically locked in whatever state you post it in.

Again, we shouldn't have to take this sort of problem into our own hands like we apparently do with everything else around here. They need to fix it.
I completely agree, especially when percent signs are often used or need to be used in threads and posts.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM
superannuated super mod
Quote:
You should get Stefan to fix it.
To be honest: I am not sure he knows how to fix it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
To be honest: I am not sure he knows how to fix it.
Well it's not a problem with vBulletin, because I have browsed quite a few other vBulletin boards and never encountered it. It's probably one of the plug-ins or something. He should browse through them and find the problem Or someone should wake Unixmad out of his dormancy to fix it, because apparently he knows what the problem is.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
LOL when I saw this thread I only read this and I thought that was your entire post, and I sat here quizzically reading the responses and wondering how everyone knew what tf you were talking about lmao

This has never happened to me, but I'm glad I now know what to do if it does!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
LOL when I saw this thread I only read this and I thought that was your entire post, and I sat here quizzically reading the responses and wondering how everyone knew what tf you were talking about lmao

This has never happened to me, but I'm glad I now know what to do if it does!
Well you can cause two types of bad requests, if you don't want to be left out of the dark.

1) Collapse one of the forum sections on the main forum page. Refresh, bam, bad request. You can't access the forums anymore, and you'll need to clear your cookies.

2) Include a percent sign in your post. This seems to be hit or miss. By hit or miss I mean, it hits when you least expect it(posting a script or just using the percent sign casually) and you need it in your post, and misses when you try to actually get it to happen.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i just make sure to never collapse any of the sections