Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Graal Zone
I will try Graal Zone for iPhone/iPod 22 19.30%
I will buy Graal Zone+ for iPhone/iPod 7 6.14%
I own an iPhone/iPod but i am not interested 15 13.16%
I don't own a iPhone/iPod yet 70 61.40%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
What part of "Apple wanted Cyberjoueurs to change the product slightly" don't you quite understand?
The part where Cyberjoueurs isn't told that they made a corrupt, horrible, ugly, useless game. And that they should listen to Cali at all times. /sarcasm
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
The real problem is apple do what they want when they want, they mostly never reply email and the web interface to manage Appstore is very simple to not say bugged, for example if you submit an application for approval you have no way to change it or remove it.

This slow and buggy process is already annoying for offline products but it's becoming a real challenge if you want to release a online game and you announce a day for the launch.

So if someone have some contact with Apple you are welcome to help us
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
The part where Cyberjoueurs isn't told that they made a corrupt, horrible, ugly, useless game. And that they should listen to Cali at all times. /sarcasm

It's CJ's fault the game was unfinished when sent to Apple. Sure, complete by their standards, but not by Apple's. I suppose they lowered their standards, or Cj made changes, who knows, point is, CJ screwed up by sending them a game that most people would consider unfinished.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post

It's CJ's fault the game was unfinished when sent to Apple. Sure, complete by their standards, but not by Apple's. I suppose they lowered their standards, or Cj made changes, who knows, point is, CJ screwed up by sending them a game that most people would consider unfinished.
Since you're obviously the expert on these things, care to explain to us how Cyberjoueurs are supposed to know exactly what Apple are going to say when they submit a product for inspection?

The fact is that it's down to chance as much as anything; a team will review the software and if that specific group of people decide on the day that it isn't acceptable, that's it. It won't get released, and the little people have no grounds to argue with that. You can't blame Cyberjoueurs; they submitted what they honestly believed was an acceptable product. :/
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:

Why are you trying to defend Apple in this?

The Apple Store HAS had a lot of glitches, it's very plausible that it was a glitch that Graal Zone even got in.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
The real problem is apple do what they want when they want, they mostly never reply email and the web interface to manage Appstore is very simple to not say bugged, for example if you submit an application for approval you have no way to change it or remove it.
Sounds familiar.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Why are you trying to defend Apple in this?
Because he's a silly fanboy. Apple can do no wrong in his eyes.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

The way I look at it is CJ could either sit on their butts wondering if it was good enough to submit, or they could take a chance, and if not accepted, make changes and try again.
It's like that saying, "You never know until you try"

You try, you fail, you pull yourself up & brush yourself off, and try again
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post

The way I look at it is CJ could either sit on their butts wondering if it was good enough to submit, or they could take a chance, and if not accepted, make changes and try again.
It's like that saying, "You never know until you try"

You try, you fail, you pull yourself up & brush yourself off, and try again
Or they could, like most other games, do testing.

I just don't get why they didn't test it before sending it to apple. It's the kind of mistake young developers make for their playerworlds and the PWA coming in for inspections.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
They did, and this goes to show how little you know about the situation.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
The real problem is apple do what they want when they want, they mostly never reply email
LOL who knows a company just like this? Come on you know who it is.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
They did, and this goes to show how little you know about the situation.
Well, judging from the response, any chance the test group was composed of the usual suspects, as opposed to randomly chosen people?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
I just don't get why they didn't test it before sending it to apple. It's the kind of mistake young developers make for their playerworlds and the PWA coming in for inspections.
I'm sure they did testing on their own Iphone. Just because they didn't open the testing to certain Graal players doesn't mean they didn't test the product. Graal submitted what they thought was an easy to use product. However, some customers were not able to understand the controls. I'm sure that Cyberjoueurs intends to change the product accordingly based on the helpful customer reviews. I don't think you can assume just because Cyberjoueur's product was not perfect that they purposely intended to create a product that was much less than perfect.
[SARCASM]I mean Cyberjoueurs is definitely out to get everyone by creating a bad product. I'm sure they intended to add every single glitch or bug.[/SARCASM]
Seriously, grow up.

They created the Graal Zone, and Graal Zone+ for the Ipod based upon their own assessments of the Ipod touch and Iphone. They did the same thing with the poker and it was a success.

It does not make a difference if you do not agree with how they handled the situation. Who cares if you can place the blame? You can place the blame all you want, but Cyberjoueurs could be improving their product. I don't understand what your whole Graal is out to piss everyone off attitude, but it is getting very very old. I'm sure just from reading a few of your posts on the forums that you disagree with just about everything Graal has done, although I'm sure you do like some things, you just don't like the way some actions are being carried out. You aren't alone, but you could at least look at the positive side. Graal was trying to gain more customers and money by creating a product for the Iphone. They didn't make a fool proof product and there were some bad reviews. Based upon the reviews they can make revisions in the product and improve it for the customers. Is this such a huge issue that you must continue to rant about it?

Just because they didn't open it up to random testers, and had those people that they trust to help review the product doesn't mean they didn't help find or spot bugs. If they didn't have randomly chosen participants so what.. Stop placing the blame and try to find some solutions and positive input.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-07-2008 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Spell check
Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Well, if they sent it to them, then they wanted it released then. Maybe Apple did change their mind, but if CJ thought the first product was good enough, they have nothing to complain about.
Seeing as you were incapable of reading, I will make the point that they had a reason to complain about:

Stefan wanted to be around during launch, which he would have been if it was approved and launched. Since it wasn't approved, Stef went on vacation and then it was magically in the store in the interim. This means he wasn't available at lunch. This is the direct fault of apple.

Developing reading skills would have saved this thread three pages of repetition.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I'm sure they did testing on their own Iphone. Just because they didn't open the testing to certain Graal players doesn't mean they didn't test the product. Graal submitted what they thought was an easy to use product. However, some customers were not able to understand the controls. I'm sure that Cyberjoueurs intends to change the product accordingly based on the helpful customer reviews. I don't think you can assume just because Cyberjoueur's product was not perfect that they purposely intended to create a product that was much less than perfect.
[SARCASM]I mean Cyberjoueurs is definitely out to get everyone by creating a bad product. I'm sure they intended to add every single glitch or bug.[/SARCASM]
Seriously, grow up.

They created the Graal Zone, and Graal Zone+ for the Ipod based upon their own assesments of the Ipod touch and Iphone. They did the same thing with the poker and it was a success.

It does not make a difference if you do not agree with how they handled the situation. Who cares if you can place the blame? You can place the blame all you want, but Cyberjoueurs could be improving their product. I don't understand what your whole Graal is out to piss everyone off attitude, but it is getting very very old. I'm sure just from reading a few of your posts on the forums that you disagree with just about everything Graal has done, although I'm sure you do like some things, you just don't like the way some actions are being carried out. You aren't alone, but you could at least look at the positive side. Graal was trying to gain more customers and money by creating a product for the Iphone. They didn't make a fool proof product and there were some bad reviews. Based upon the reviews they can make revisions in the product and improve it for the customers. Is this such a huge issue that you must continue to rant about it?

Just because they didn't open it up to random testers, and had those people that they trust to help review the product doesn't mean they didn't help find or spot bugs. If they didn't have randomly chosen participants so what.. Stop placing the blame and try to find some solutions and positive input.
If you don't do good testing, you're taking an unnecessary risk. They're so afraid to trust people with a beta release of their software, that there's always tons of problems and bugs when the release it to everyone. It's not a wise way to release software. Blaming Apple for all the problems with the release date is fine, but it wasn't Apple's fault the released product was subpar. The message you get when you log on would lead you to believe that Apple accidentally released a beta version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
Seeing as you were incapable of reading, I will make the point that they had a reason to complain about:

Stefan wanted to be around during launch, which he would have been if it was approved and launched. Since it wasn't approved, Stef went on vacation and then it was magically in the store in the interim. This means he wasn't available at lunch. This is the direct fault of apple.

Developing reading skills would have saved this thread three pages of repetition.
It's Apple fault it was released at a different time.
It is not their fault the game was unpopular for the controls and other missing features.
Closed Thread

Tags
app store, iphone, ipod touch, itouch