Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I guess so, but even still, the cliffs would still appear slanted and stuff.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:05 AM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Shakram is on a distinguished road
you must know iam a hard working gat and lat but i cant script
and there are not many scripters on graal which do hard work too
thats the most prob all the time...
so i can only sit and wait for the scripts are done
but to the scripts you dont see scripts on pictures logon to esteria and look which scripts are done
and to the story ... a story in a mmorpg is so lol all the guys are the same hero and kill the evil boss ? nope not on our server... the biggest part of our server will be quests that means not to kill monsters like on zodiac or gk nope there will be hard riddles where u must use alot of techniques and items you gain from time to time... and than there will be a big fun part which means that you can play a lot of minigames to gain different items or other things
there is no need to say where you start or what you are on our server right now :P
and to the underwater cliffs... maybe its more reality when i turn the water green and unclean but hey guys this is fantasy so my water is blue and clean so you see the cliffs the same than over the water :O

Last edited by Shakram; 01-08-2007 at 05:25 AM..
Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Yeah, I guess so, but even still if you could see them clear there would have to be some sort of slant to them or something ... looks okay either way I guess, whatever i won't be playing it.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Yea, we tried black outlines some months ago, didnt look good :P
Did you even read what I just said above your reply? I said not JUST black outlines... I said increasing the contrast. Actually it's less contrast increase and more saturation increase. It's not the contrast it's the saturation. (meaning the colors have like faded out)

I put this example together... which one looks more alive and fun to you?

If you say the left one, maybe your monitor is busted.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
the right one...

i wont start anything in this thread this time, dont worry :P
Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 AM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
maybe it looks ok in this small screen but in the game you cant do it like this
my screen is very dark and its to shiny for me and i think its looks ugly too
you can do things like this when you gfx in classic style but not on my tiles lol
and how i said ive done the contrast 13% higher than before not only the outlines
the mushrooms in your picture looks like the mushrooms in chernobyl (radioactiv)
Old 01-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Old Bee
It looks better in the normal sized image. Why is your screen very dark? Do you realize that not everyone is going to use your monitor settings? You have to make graphics in a way that will look appealing to the majority of people.

How are your tiles not classic style? You're still using some classic style tiles in your tileset (like my mushrooms) Even though your cliffs and grass and such is not like classic, that doesn't mean they can't have COLOR. All you're doing is coming off as arrogant. Like your tiles are too good to be the normal tileset color or something...

Like I mentioned in my last post (which you still apparently aren't reading), I said that it's not the contrast that you need to increase, it's more the saturation. Also if you think the mushrooms are too bright/overpowering, then you can change those as you go along.... Obviously you don't have to saturate everything... But I still think the grass and cliffs and water look a whole lot better with bolder colors.

But I can see that you're stuck in one method of thinking so I'll let you discover it on your own... whenever that might be. Good luck with your faded out server. =P

(edit: I also find it interesting that you pointed out the mushrooms in particular... because all of the image was adjusted, not individual parts... which means your mushrooms aren't in good contrast/saturation to begin with)

Old 01-09-2007, 05:40 AM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
the only thing i say is that i dont like it so bright and with so much saturation
and i never said my tiles are to good for anything
but the thing you dont understand is that there is an other way to color tiles than in the classic way and i dont want it like this
and in my hole life i never saw any game in your kind of saturation and it hurts in the eyes when you see it in a whole lvl
and i must know what i do its sure the 30 recolor of this tileset it was dark shiney and all this things and in this color i use at the moment it looks the best
and this has nothing to do with being arrogant i only do it not in your way because i think it isnt right for this kind of tiles
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
shakram listen to konidias, it looks amazing when its nice and bright
Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 AM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
yeah i let you choose at the beginning between normal colors an konidias neon colors
someone else want a color theme ? maybe black and white ?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 AM
Old Bee
Okay do it your way then... just suggesting something that I thought would make it look more lively and inviting. I've only been doing this stuff for a decade, what do I know.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Gone
As much as I hate to agree with Koni, I do on this. Your tiles would look much better brighter.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post
yeah i let you choose at the beginning between normal colors an konidias neon colors
someone else want a color theme ? maybe black and white ?
Well you know a black and white server would be interesting.

Or perhaps crazy Martian landscape

Or super saturation

The one Konidias posted might look kinda weird cause it's all scrunched up...but here is full size:

And I think it does look better.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
You should listen to what the players suggest, they're the ones who are going to be playing it. I agree with Konidias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Or perhaps crazy Martian landscape

OMG <3
Old 01-09-2007, 02:40 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I like the new one, with more saturation/contrast.