Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Recent updateboard(2) changes

So, apparently, this has been changed on the serverside recently to optimize(?) online level editors. I thought only updateboard2 has been changed, but it seems updateboard was, as well. Now the bushes on Atlantis are somewhat broken in a sense that if you slash a bush that was just regrown, the "cut bush" tiles that'll be placed below the newly cut bush will quickly be removed again and replaced by empty grass tiles.

Could anybody tell me what the heck was changed exactly so I can fix this? Or, even better, tell me that it wasn't intended for updateboard to be changed as well and that this will be reverted again soon? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
It's started to bug me too. We are used to placing new blocks on GrimeCraft with the Online Editor, and even today I was working on a block placer to place specific tiles on grime craft. I can't do any of this now since this has started to bug. Hope it gets fixed soon!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well actually the tile updating has been fixed, previously the gserver was not sending 2x2 tile updates to the npcserver. So it's now possible to do bush respawn by server-side scripts. I can check sometime what the problem can be on Atlantis.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well actually the tile updating has been fixed, previously the gserver was not sending 2x2 tile updates to the npcserver. So it's now possible to do bush respawn by server-side scripts. I can check sometime what the problem can be on Atlantis.
That'd be great. Since you've mentioned 2x2 tile updates, though, I'll give it a try with larger ones and report back to you. I don't get why I'm seeing it for a second, though, and then it just disappears. I already made sure that the function updating the tiles is not called when the visual change happens. The first time I slash a bush, it works. Then it's like 6 seconds until it respawns. At that point, tiles are changed back to grass. (When then slashing it again immediately afterwards, I can see the the "cut bush" tiles for a second or two, then it reverts back to grass.) Nevermind. That was because it also changes the tiles on the clientside (to provide a more sudden response to the slash; makes it look smoother).

Edit: It does work again if I add two more tiles to the range of tiles to be updated (updateBoard(this.x, this.y, 3, 2) instead of updateBoard(this.x, this.y, 2, 2)). If you want to look into that later, that's class object on Atlantis. I'll revert back to the 2x2 update for now.

Last edited by Crow; 12-11-2011 at 11:31 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can you please document the new behavior (and all future changes to scripting behavior)? I'm trying to find and replace some tiles and cannot get the levels to save with a script which previously worked:

http://www.graal.net/index.php/Creat...rator/Cave_Fix

edit: eventually got it to work by running the script over and over and letting the level sit for a long time

edit 2: "savelevel(str) - forces the level to save immediately, can be used after updateboard2-tile modifications" does not seem to work. How is this supposed to be used?

Last edited by cbk1994; 12-23-2011 at 08:40 AM..
Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
edit 2: "savelevel(str) - forces the level to save immediately, can be used after updateboard2-tile modifications" does not seem to work. How is this supposed to be used?
Yea, not anymore. Seems to be useless now with the changes made.