Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Party EXP

The party system and how it shares out EXP really confuses me and i am wondering does anyone actually understand it enough to explain it?

From my observations (could be wrong) it punishs you for teaming with lower levels and rewards you for teaming with people of similar level, there also appears to be benifits to teaming with other people assuming that everyone in party are capable of killing the same amount of monsters.

Anyone know?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Thats intresting. I never thought about it that way. It makes a lot of sense getting more EXP for being with players your own level.
As far as how it works. I've got no idea. I thought it just got split between you with a little bonus added ontop. So if there was 2 of you in the party you'd end up getting about 70% each. Probably wrong but thats my 2 pence on the subject.

All this time and I've never realized your from England.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Thats intresting. I never thought about it that way. It makes a lot of sense getting more EXP for being with players your own level.
As far as how it works. I've got no idea. I thought it just got split between you with a little bonus added ontop. So if there was 2 of you in the party you'd end up getting about 70 percent each.
50 percent. Jesus, learn your math.

Let's say a monster is worth 10k. (Like lords are, up until about level 30.) Here's a rough division:

2 people = 5,000 each
3 people = 3,333 each
4 people = 2500 each
5 people = 2000 each
etc.

However, enemies are not worth static amounts, since the amount of exp a player earns from killing something will change as they continue to level. If you earn 10k each time killing a certain enemy over and over, that exp amount will decrease when you level up, and you'll earn something around 9.8k and so forth. (I'm making up numbers here, but you get the idea.)

As for an extra exp bonus being stacked on, I think that's unlikely.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Also I'm pretty sure the person who makes the kill gets more EXP.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
I only know that if a low player would kill a lord and get 100k exp a high player wont get 100k exp the high player would still get 3k each (from lords)
So its level based what you get in the party
Old 03-18-2009, 11:19 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
I only know that if a low player would kill a lord and get 100k exp a high player wont get 100k exp the high player would still get 3k each (from lords)
So its level based what you get in the party
Though doesn't the low player have to hit the lord and if the low player kills it doesn't he/she get more exp?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Though doesn't the low player have to hit the lord and if the low player kills it doesn't he/she get more exp?
No , you get what you get for your current level and if more player join you get less experience

and if a high player kill the lord for 3k exp the low player wont get the normal 100k

long ago player was able (with 2 level 110 accounts) to get TONS of exp with lowing wis > leveling wis > loweing wis > levling wis etc.. it got fixed with this current balance cuz now we are able to invite any level to our party.. long ago there was a max level differnece of 10 level (was it 10?)
Old 03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
long ago there was a max level differnece of 10 level (was it 10?)
7 I believe, but what i am very intrested in is how the new system is effected when a high level player teams with a lower level. Teaming with people of equal level (physique) does seem to split it fairly even so i am assuming it is infact even but not when lower levels are introduced.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I can't really remember this far back but wasn't the party system disabled after level 20?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I can't really remember this far back but wasn't the party system disabled after level 20?
I think that was just a temp fix for the party bug then it was re-released some time after with the new system we use now with the diminishing returns on exp no matter who scores it.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
What was the party bug and how did it work?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:52 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
What was the party bug and how did it work?
Basically, go into a map with 2 people with less then 13 or so exp in wisdom. Then, the one person /casts summon av and kills with that while the other person readies physique. ;0
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
SomeOne
What did the bug do?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Basically exp in GK works on the basis everytime you level up instead of needing more exp you get less per kill, what the party bug did was allow you to get the same exp even though you was leveling up, a guy with low wisdom level could keep lowering his wisdom level by changing gods keeping it at 10, this would allow the guy leveling physique (or any other skill) to collect huge amounts of exp with no diminishing returns.

The scale basically was that 2 brutals would = 1 level up all the way to level 107 wheres as this maybe the case at lower levels now players at 60 - 70+ of thier skill level will need to clear over 20 brutals.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
Basically exp in GK works on the basis everytime you level up instead of needing more exp you get less per kill, what the party bug did was allow you to get the same exp even though you was leveling up, a guy with low wisdom level could keep lowering his wisdom level by changing gods keeping it at 10, this would allow the guy leveling physique (or any other skill) to collect huge amounts of exp with no diminishing returns.

The scale basically was that 2 brutals would = 1 level up all the way to level 107 wheres as this maybe the case at lower levels now players at 60 - 70+ of thier skill level will need to clear over 20 brutals.
Yeah, and while a lot of people were exploiting that loophole, those of us who actually wanted to earn our exp the legit way were getting shafted. So I reported it to Stefan on RC, and his solution was to disable it for a while.

However, I didn't ask him to do that. The easiest fix would have been to just make players take a wis -1 when they switch gods instead of being able to de-level themselves, but I don't think Stefan knew we have stat potions to just boost it back up again, so he went with his own alternative.

It would be really nice to see the exp formula modified to where you can get static amounts of exp instead of getting less and less as you level up. After level 20-ish, exp begins to plateau to about 1,000,000 per level. That's why DoV is so great for leveling. You usually get the same amount of exp with it every time, so long as you do it successfully. The exp does decrease, but you can usually make more dusts as your mental level continues to grow. Most people slag constantly until level 60 or so, but it picks up after that.