Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Relevance of physical level?

Does physical really even matter anymore? First off, I realized that I barely hit for more damage with +136 dmg on my weapon compared to when use a unprepped one which is totally ridiculous. Even when I critical someone it only hits for around 1/4 of my max damage so basically prepping for me is a waste of scrolls and diamonds. Whereas back in the day damage bonuses combined with your level actually mattered, and the damage I dealt actually reflected what it said in the stats rather than some random number like it is now. I never understood why it was made like this. Not to mention even if I am using a weapon with max slots filled with IWD's I barely deal more damage than someone with a significantly lower level in a spar. Why would people want to even level physical anymore when its like this? It really serves no purpose anymore IMO.

The only real benefit you can get out of it now is maybe being able to kill certain monsters slightly faster. But even then it's nothing that really makes a difference. Someone with the right weapon or decent gear could kill monsters just as fast as someone with a maxed phys.

Magic or Wis may also due similar damage in spars not based on levels but someone with a high level versus a lower level has more mana/grace etc and won't be at the same disadvantage as the others. The fact that I do maybe 15-20 damage extra on only SOME hits is totally bogus when I have a maxed out level and a sword with +137 damage on it.

I guess I just don't really see what the incentive is for other people to level it anymore.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
We should totally fix this so you can run around with your party bugged 107 physical and faceroll everyone right?

But seriously I notice that as well not so much from the physical aspect but on the magic side of things being level 50 magic gives me no benefits over a level 20, damage wise.. The only thing I gain is longer lasting walls and a larger range on destruction.. Oh and let's not forget the mana cost of things basically triple.. being high level is totally overrated.. On the physical side of things the only thing that you really gain from leveling is weapon class.. so basically what we're getting at is past level 50-60 leveling is pretty pointless? drop the level cap imo 110 base and 107 individual is really unnecessary..

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 06-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie8205 View Post
We should totally fix this so you can run around with your party bugged 107 physical and faceroll everyone right?

But seriously I notice that as well not so much from the physical aspect but on the magic side of things being level 50 magic gives me no benefits over a level 20, damage wise.. The only thing I gain is longer lasting walls and a larger range on destruction.. Oh and let's not forget the mana cost of things basically triple.. being high level is totally overrated.. On the physical side of things the only thing that you really gain from leveling is weapon class.. so basically what we're getting at is past level 50-60 leveling is pretty pointless? drop the level cap imo 110 base and 107 individual is really unnecessary..
You single me out because I made this thread. But the truth is 70 percent of the server from that Era did the same thing.

The point I am trying to make is physical level no longer has any meaning at high levels. Its just a waste of every ones time to try and level it, take it from me, it won't be worth it for anyone anymore. GK is a server that is based around stats gear and leveling. But the second you step into a spar arena you are nerfed and a lot of your hard work is negated. Worked hard to get 30 str, 30 dex? Makes no difference when everyone is nerfed and has the same speed in an arena. 270 damage? Makes no difference when you can't hit past 70 damage no matter your level or what enchantments on on your sword. It's total bs that a server where a characters strength revolves around leveling and boosting stats has done things like this for the sake of attempting a better "balance"

I dunno maybe it wasn't tig who did it maybe it was bjorn. But its even more unbalanced this way. Physical & Melee never should have been changed. The only thing that should have changed was magic so that people could compete against people with higher phys rather than getting crushed automatically.
Mass message:
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
It's true that after about 55 or so physique barely makes any difference in terms of damage. At about 200 damage I still sometimes hit for some low 3's and 5's. The minimum amount of damage you put out should go up as your damage does...
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousymee View Post
It's true that after about 55 or so physique barely makes any difference in terms of damage. At about 200 damage I still sometimes hit for some low 3's and 5's. The minimum amount of damage you put out should go up as your damage does...
And IWD's should start to actually serve a purpose. Because personally the change to my damage it causes is insignificant.

Tested this with Klay and Zale. Hit them with an unprepped unblessed katana dealing 50 damage. Then I hit them with a prepped xmas flame sword of Gov+8 enhanced with 26 IWD's. I dealt 60 dmg. A whopping 10 extra damage.

Totally worth the 676 diamonds and 27 scrolls I spent for the 10 extra damage.

/sarcasm
Mass message:
-Sting

Last edited by Deophite18; 06-25-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Graalian Stallion
Outside of arenas physical level is just as worthless. Sean was asking me if it was same outside of arena so I tested with him. I used my prepped wep on him and averaged 10-35ish dmg per hit on him with my most powerful gov weapon. One random critical dealt more but that was all. He tested his on me and our dmg output was basically the same except for the critical which was the only difference. Also I couldn't hit him at all with a non gov sword even with a -120 wc which is also absurd.

Seriously though. With -120 wc and a sword of gov+8 dealing +137 extra dmg and I deal an average of 10-40ish dmg per hit not counting criticals outside of the arena when my stats say my max damage is 265? Not even close.

Spell casters already have a huge advantage in combat on the overworld due to it being so bumpy. Their spells automatically target you whereas melee you have to aim for them each time. With the bumpy terrain its pretty difficult, they just have to run away and buy enough time to cast. With the current amount of dmg I put out even with maxed physical ill be lucky if i can get in 4 or 5 hits before they kill me from spamming bolts at me.
Mass message:
-Sting
Old 06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Physique level is a awesome skill to level till 75 - 80 IMO the WC really pays off till this point and going any higher is unrealistic for most players at this point with the current monsters. Ive only gained 4 levels in the past 6 months. The problem you have is a minor problem since it effects only you and maroku and john a lesser amount.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
The extra WC pays off, allows me to wear Archers or any other non-wc gloves and still be effective in bmode. But i do have an issue with the dmg as do you. How can my weapon have 100 damage, not even including your own phys damage, and still register low hits? Even on players w/o AC/phys protection, i don't hit the max, or close to it. Would prefer phys to add min damage instead of this meaningless high damage. But saying that, the max hp isn't enough to make high level battles last long if that happened... Know how it could work but, that's just effort.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 AM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
Outside of arenas physical level is just as worthless. Sean was asking me if it was same outside of arena so I tested with him. I used my prepped wep on him and averaged 10-35ish dmg per hit on him with my most powerful gov weapon. One random critical dealt more but that was all. He tested his on me and our dmg output was basically the same except for the critical which was the only difference. Also I couldn't hit him at all with a non gov sword even with a -120 wc which is also absurd.
First:
Do you realise that Sean uses RoS rings? This explains why your hits are round the 40.

Also try hitting a RoW user, your damage should probably be round the 80-100 when hitting crits. The highest crit I ever done was 80 with my Gov Sword.

Second:
Non gov sword, do you mean a thunder sword? That's because Sean probably used his Holy possession (he worships Leuc), if it ain't a TS then it is probably a non elemental weapon.

Try doing better research, because ur low hits are most likely because of the high resistance the other person has outside spar.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:57 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First:
Do you realise that Sean uses RoS rings? This explains why your hits are round the 40.
I fail to understand why that matters o.o.

Quote:
Second:
Non gov sword, do you mean a thunder sword? That's because Sean probably used his Holy possession (he worships Leuc), if it ain't a TS then it is probably a non elemental weapon.
It was a non-elemental.

Quote:
Try doing better research, because ur low hits are most likely because of the high resistance the other person has outside spar.
We tested using Gov weapons..
Old 06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
First:
Yes I realize and I don't see why this even matters.

Quote:
Second:
Why would he use holy possesion when I was just testing hits on him? That would obviously defeat the purpose. And no it wasn't thunder sword it was a xmas flame sword.

Quote:
My research is fine. Just this morning I tested it again 2v1ing two different guys in front of trade whos accounts i cant remember. They were both able to hit me with -80 ac so their gear was obviously decent. Used both swords on them and once again damage was around 30-40.

And does no one have a response to how IWD's serve no purpose? I basically wasted hundreds of diamonds and 27 scrolls preppeing my weapons only to find that it has no affect whatsoever on my damage

Anyways, obviously nothing is going to be done and it will remain broken so I will just issue a warning to anyone whos benchmark is reaching a max physical. It is no longer as advantageous as it used to be so don't bother. Take it from me I can tell you what to look forward to. Anyone who plays GK knows leveling is the slowest, repetitive and most monotonous thing in the world. So if your going to spend thousands of hours doing it you might as well level Magic or Wisdom. Physical has become about as useful as Agility.
Mass message:
-Sting
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
You clearly do not know much about pking if your saying "Yes I realize and I don't see why this even matters."

Lemme try and explain this to noobs.
Your Weapon = GOV right, what kind of dmg does Gov do? Oh Wait, yes Weapon magic. What is the resistance it goes with? Yes it is Magic Resist. How much resist does a RoS give? I dunno that out of my head but it is hell a lot less than a RoW thus my conclusion =
Your Dmg is round the 40 because his resistance ain't that low.

As for a Xmas Flame Sword, what kind of damage does it do? Only physical right? What's the resistance for physical dmg? Oh how is it possible? Physical resistance, and who has 99 physical resistance? Yes like 90% of the servers has 99 physical resistance meaning that your damage will be in a range of 0-10.

Thus I will say this again, do some better research.

Last edited by StormYs; 06-26-2009 at 12:09 PM..
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
You clearly do not know much about pking if your saying "Yes I realize and I don't see why this even matters."

Lemme try and explain this to noobs.
Your Weapon = GOV right, what kind of dmg does Gov do? Oh Wait, yes Weapon magic. What is the resistance it goes with? Yes it is Magic Resist. How much resist does a RoS give? I dunno that out of my head but it is hell a lot less than a RoW thus my conclusion =
Your Dmg is round the 40 because his resistance ain't that low.

As for a Xmas Flame Sword, what kind of damage does it do? Only physical right? What's the resistance for physical dmg? Oh how is it possible? Physical resistance, and who has 99 physical resistance? Yes like 90 percent of the servers has 99 physical resistance meaning that your damage will be in a range of 0-10.

Thus I will say this again, do some better research.
I may be misinformed about the stats of specific items being that I am hardly very active anymore. But I am not sure who you think your calling a noob, and you can knock it off with all these condescending I am mightier than thou remarks because I am not impressed.

I don't know much about pking? What is there to know other than running around slashing or casting spells. I suppose you just meant the knowledge of items and their stats. Anyways, the things I stated in that post were just the results I had with Sean. I told you I tested it with Kale, Klay, Shadow and some other guy whos name I forgot but you seemed to ignore all of that altogether. In the end it was basically all the same except for criticals.

The Manager or any other Admin who could provide me with definitive answers regarding physical and IWD's are for some reason refusing to do so. I guess Ill just request this thread be closed if any GK Admins aren't going to respond, otherwise this guys just going to keep trying to troll me.
Mass message:
-Sting
Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Quote:
I may be misinformed about the stats of specific items being that I am hardly very active anymore. But I am not sure who you think your calling a noob, and you can knock it off with all these condescending I am mightier than thou remarks because I am not impressed.

I don't know much about pking? What is there to know other than running around slashing or casting spells. I suppose you just meant the knowledge of items and their stats. Anyways, the things I stated in that post were just the results I had with Sean. I told you I tested it with Kale, Klay, Shadow and some other guy whos name I forgot but you seemed to ignore all of that altogether. In the end it was basically all the same except for criticals.

The Manager or any other Admin who could provide me with definitive answers regarding physical and IWD's are for some reason refusing to do so. I guess Ill just request this thread be closed if any GK Admins aren't going to respond, otherwise this guys just going to keep trying to troll me.
I gave you answers already on why you hit so low.

And as far as I am concerned your a noob in the area of pking. Because as I already said that your non gov xmas weapon is useless even if it is 26/26, it doesn't matter who you're trying it on.

"I don't know much about pking? What is there to know other than running around slashing or casting spells."
How about trying to learn what resistance does.

Last edited by StormYs; 06-26-2009 at 03:34 PM..
Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
I gave you answers already on why you hit so low.

And as far as I am concerned your a noob in the area of pking. Because as I already said that your non gov xmas weapon is useless even if it is 26/26, it doesn't matter who you're trying it on.
Quote:
Then I hit them with a prepped xmas flame sword of Gov+8
Lol? If you had read that post you would know my xmas flame sword is Gov. I didn't feel the need to reiterate it since I had mentioned it in the post before
Mass message:
-Sting