Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Utc?

Im not sure what the deal is with UTC anymore but Event Team on UN is disorganized as hell when it comes to hosting it.

Few months ago they all forgot about it and ended up hosting it like 4 hours late after someone had to remind some random ET. Then last weekend it was forgotten completely. I asked froggie about it and he confirmed the ET's forgot and it would be hosted this weekend instead and that the ET's were aware. But it was forgotten again this weekend and the MST was hosted as usual.

If they are going to keep forgetting about it even when it's posted on the sign, it might as well just be done away with altogether and just stick to the MST, at least they can remember that one (sometimes)
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting

Last edited by Deophite18; 06-27-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
wessypoo i c u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
r.i.p utc
Old 06-27-2009, 01:36 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
r.i.p utc
it was good while it lasted
Old 06-27-2009, 01:42 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
hey; i tried to get some leagues going on UN so that the UTC would not be the only thing going for UN in terms of sparring, especially because the MST is a joke. it's really not that surprising that it's basically dead

i guess the only good sparring left is on classic...with their stupid hit detection bull**** scripting. hurrah (:
Old 06-27-2009, 01:54 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
They should probably put it in the hands of the spar mods, I suppose they're more inclined to remember it than some random trial ET's.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:09 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
hey; i tried to get some leagues going on UN so that the UTC would not be the only thing going for UN in terms of sparring, especially because the MST is a joke. it's really not that surprising that it's basically dead

i guess the only good sparring left is on classic...with their stupid hit detection bull**** scripting. hurrah (:
Classic recently altered the monthly spar to use the default hit detection. It happened to be one of the worst monthlies, not because of the technical difficulties, but participation.

Sparring is just dead in general.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Classic recently altered the monthly spar to use the default hit detection. It happened to be one of the worst monthlies, not because of the technical difficulties, but participation.

Sparring is just dead in general.
oh really? that's pretty awesome then, and i would imagine that since the sparring died on UN it would also die out on classic and on pretty much every other server out right now, that's really unfortunate. i can't even log on to try it for another 6 weeks ):
Old 06-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Well there are specific default spar zones but the server is still on a custom HD for now. Unfortunate that you can't try it out for that long though lol.

As for the UTC, I don't understand why the ET admin isn't present for big events such as those. Seems stupid to leave it to ET's to manage themselves unless you have a veteran et present.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-27-2009, 03:33 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Well there are specific default spar zones but the server is still on a custom HD for now. Unfortunate that you can't try it out for that long though lol.

As for the UTC, I don't understand why the ET admin isn't present for big events such as those. Seems stupid to leave it to ET's to manage themselves unless you have a veteran et present.
as a spar mod (i think i'm still a spar mod at least lol) i believe that we could host that easily, and it could be done inside tcspar if you really don't want to give us rights to host it where it's normally hosted (though i don't think linking levels and adding a guild to allowed the commands in the room or however it is they have it scripted is all that hard)

OR you could just more organized about it, or at least appoint one or two possibly three people inside the events team to host it on dates they can DEFINITELY be on

it's the only event people who spar remember or even respect (at some level) anymore
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
ya cool host utc and utctt same day!!!!! just delete utc and utctt for good there's absolutely no point of hosting it anymore
Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
I don't think I'd put the responsibility of hosting it onto the spar mods, but I'd like it if the spar mods would take the initiative to make sure the Events Team remember.

Maybe appoint someone a communicator between the two teams. Possibly put together a basic calendar, or something. I think that forgetting these sort of events is really cruddy thing to do! So, I'll try to get on something to help organize a bit. I've already talked to Froggie.