Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Mythic Legends

Mythic Legends
Currently named Project Mythic

Mythic is a playerworld with a medieval/fantasy design, and with the main intent of providing players with a place where you won't just be doing endless of hours with grinding to reach what you want.

You'll be able too:
  • Level your character(s)
  • Duel/spar players for fun and/or prizes
  • Roleplay

"WHAT!? BLASPHEMY! DID HE SAY ROLEPLAY??" - indeed I did. While we will not enforce roleplaying, we will definitely encourage it in any way we can.

When you create a character, it will have to be named something descent* and not something like KyleXY, IownYoFacez etc. If we find any character that breaks this, we will force it to be renamed.

In a way, we're doing some rather unique things. We'll have...
  • Custom bodies
  • Turn Based Combat
  • Real Life day/night cycle that affects your surroundings and NPCs

... and much more. I could really go on and on about things, but why don't you log on and tell us what you think instead? Any input, be it good or bad, is appreciated. If you're interested in helping out, send me a message! See the attachments below for some screen shots.

* - More on this later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210558513.png
Views:	322
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	44608   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210559997.png
Views:	316
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	44609   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210560031.png
Views:	330
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	44610   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210560070.png
Views:	307
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	44611   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210560100.png
Views:	286
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	44612  

Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1210560116.png
Views:	298
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	44613  

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Your GUIs are rather ugly ...

The house looks really flat, may need to work on that.

Otherwise, looks good. It's nice that you're trying to get a RP server, but I don't think enforcing names is a good idea. This is, in a way, forcing roleplaying, which will turn people away from your server.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
It's nice that you're trying to get a RP server, but I don't think enforcing names is a good idea. This is, in a way, forcing roleplaying, which will turn people away from your server.
Forcing people to have descent names is in no way similar to forcing people to roleplay their characters.

And, as you see, it's the default GuiBlue - meaning we haven't made one ourself yet.

EDIT:
Quote:
I'm not talking about the profile, I mean that your buttons are the wrong profile, they are too far about, overall bad design in my opinion.
Will be GuiBitmapButtonCtrl's later on, with custom images. You'll see!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by xXziroXx; 05-12-2008 at 05:06 AM..
Old 05-12-2008, 04:51 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not talking about the profile, I mean that your buttons are the wrong profile, they are too far about, overall bad design in my opinion.

I still think forcing people to have a realistic name (e.g. Chris Zakuto) is in a way forcing roleplaying since that is a large part of roleplaying.

But still, looks nice. I will come check it out some time, assuming it is not staff-only.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
... assuming it is not staff-only.
Only time it ever is, is if I decide to do some major changes in the mudlib.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Forcing decent names, I assume you will force people to not name themselves something from a popular tv show?

..naruto..

great idea, pretty bad levels..

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
Forcing decent names, I assume you will force people to not name themselves something from a popular tv show?
Will depend from case to case really. Name's like "Alf" will be allowed - it might be an old popular TV show, but it's also a very old nordic name - while names like "Naturo" and "Link" are obvious cases.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I call Naruto001.

You said you won't force RP but you want "decent" names. That's dumb...
Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
I call Naruto001.

You said you won't force RP but you want "decent" names. That's dumb...
Agreed, though it won't affect me anyway.

I should get on and set my name as like "LOLNARUTOFTW!!!!!!!!" and see if I get banned, just to annoy people

I better not, people might get mad at me
Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
I am 100% for decent names, maybe disable numbers and special characters in names altogether? Is this even possible?

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
I am 100(percent; bad request) for decent names, maybe disable numbers and special characters in names altogether? Is this even possible?
Of course it's possible, the main thing is he said he would not force RP, yet this is a way of helping to force roleplaying.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I fully support monitoring names, and having players stick with one name they choose. I never understood being able to completely change your name to whatever you want whenever you want.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Master of Puppets
While I DID say I would not force RP, I did say that I would encourage it anyways I can - forcing descent names is one of the ways. And no, it won't be banable for having a wrong name, you will simply be forced to rename your character.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:04 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Naruto is "steamed fish" in Japanese, and not a name, and Uzumaki is "rolled up", so not a name either.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Naruto is "steamed fish" in Japanese, and not a name, and Uzumaki is "rolled up", so not a name either.
Despite that, it's not what most people will associate it with.

And guys, please, stop being obsessed about Naruto in every thread I post in - you weren't spamming stuff about Final Fantasy 8 when I had a Squall avatar, no need to start with Naruto now that I have a Gaara avatar. Thanks.

More criticism please!

Tags
fantasy, fidel castro, final fantasy, legends, mythic, mythic legends, project, rpg, turn based