Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding Advertisements to Graal?

So I was thinking, games like Runescape use to make all their money on advertisement, right? Like, they were paid to advertise bull**** while in their game. Well, couldn't graal do this as well, but rather than putting it all over the screen and crap, just add billboards like Era use to haev for Era Business except they'd be real businesses. Along with this we can fill up some random buildings around Era with real life businesses that when you grab an NPC it sends you to their site or something? This would work pretty well on Era atleast considering it's modern anyway.

Would Graal be able to make any money this way? I honestly don't know much about advertisement.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Graal used to be completely ad-supported with ads displayed in PM windows, but it didn't make enough money to cover Graal's costs. They might be able to make some money by bringing back advertising, in particular it might be a good idea to force trials to be exposed to ads of some sort.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree with advertising for trials, but I don't think it's a good idea for people who pay. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't overly intrusive, but some would, as you generally pay to remove advertisements.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:32 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
I think it's a good idea for trials. I don't people who pay to have them though, it kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
im against ads because we dont need them
Old 11-19-2008, 02:28 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
im against ads because we dont need them
We don't need them, but they could supply Graal with a little bit of extra money, which is probably needed.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
I'm against ads at this point because Graal sucks right now. If they advertise now and people see how much trash it is, they won't even come back regardless of the spamming pop-ups they see from it. Graal needs to spice it's contents up before they start advertising.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
I'm for ads, only if it can compensate for, or even surpass the amount of money that graal makes on subscription accounts. And then make accounts free for everyone.

I'm sure if it could be done this way it would have already been done though.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
I'm for ads, only if it can compensate for, or even surpass the amount of money that graal makes on subscription accounts. And then make accounts free for everyone.

I'm sure if it could be done this way it would have already been done though.
Could possibly lower the price though for accounts.

P.S.
It should advertise on the uploading process and any way that WONT cover my screen in ads. I don't want ads covering my screen in any way, but I'm deff for it.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'd say only the gold members don't see the ads.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
We don't need them, but they could supply Graal with a little bit of extra money, which is probably needed.
ads would cause more harm to trials than good, the way i see it they are more likely to leave than to upgrade which makes this counter-productive
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
ads would cause more harm to trials than good, the way i see it they are more likely to leave than to upgrade which makes this counter-productive
I don't really agree, you haven't really stated any means of how advertisements would drive trials away from Graal? I could only see Graal making money from this. Especially if the advertisements weren't game-related.

I think ads for trials is a good idea, and maybe non-intrusive ads for members, like billboards on Era.

Perhaps if Graal can make more money with ads they can be a little more lenient on their prices or be able to improve the quality of Graal.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I don't really agree, you haven't really stated any means of how advertisements would drive trials away from Graal? I could only see Graal making money from this. Especially if the advertisements weren't game-related.
I don't know about you but if I had to play a game that had ads I would not play it let alone upgrade.

Quote:
Perhaps if Graal can make more money with ads they can be a little more lenient on their prices or be able to improve the quality of Graal.
More like re-prioritize. Instead of wasting time with the ugly new website, graal skills, graal 3d, and other silly side projects they could have developed a new high-quality flagship server but they didn't.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
I don't know about you but if I had to play a game that had ads I would not play it let alone upgrade.
You were probably playing back when Graal put ads in the PMs. I doubt that trials would be driven away by ads if they aren't driven away by observer mode, etc.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I've been playing this game for a ridiculously long time and I don't remember ads....
What year was this? Maybe it just slipped my mind or they were just that un-noticeable