Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Animated tiles

I'd LOVE a way to see animated tiles in Graal. Currently you can do a few methods, but all ways currently make Graal run like crap. I think the easiest way would be to allow gifs to be run better with addtiledef2. How? I dunno, I don't code. But that would be the easiest way, considering I don't want to see more of the tileset being taken up just for animated tiles.

Stefan, could you possible look into the rendering of gifs in tilesets to make it where it can actually be used for effect? I'd LOVE to see water animated, like the beauty that was LttP:

It adds so much life to the world.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:51 AM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
I couldn't agree more with this, I would love to see animated tiles..
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i like how he pulls on the fountain the way we do on graal :]
Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
It is really pretty

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 12-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
"Link, it is I, Sashsharhhahshshala" lol

Where do I sign?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I think if it was able to be done on zelda however many years ago, it should be able to be done on graal now.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I think if it was able to be done on zelda however many years ago, it should be able to be done on graal now.
It is.. just not all that efficiently.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
*sigh* I get really tired of having to work so hard to work up to snes quality standards, even if it is one of the best games ever made.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The problem with animated gifs for tiles is mainly speed?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The problem with animated gifs for tiles is mainly speed?
Aye, once you place too many gif tiles the client really begins to slow down. Because of that, you wouldn't be able to use it for something like water.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
y not use NPC images :<
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Aye, once you place too many gif tiles the client really begins to slow down. Because of that, you wouldn't be able to use it for something like water.
Maybe you don't have to make ALL the tiles animated, just a couple placed in strategic locations. If you make just one movin water tile and use it in certain places it can create the image of the whole mass moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
y not use NPC images :<
U crazy? That'd be hella laggy too.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Maybe you don't have to make ALL the tiles animated, just a couple placed in strategic locations. If you make just one movin water tile and use it in certain places it can create the image of the whole mass moving.
But this thread is not to address ways to work around the limitation, but to fix it. I don't want to be strategic with my animated tiles. I want to make ALL the water animated.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Work on tileset canvas size too please... if you do that, then I can use my full potential

Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
But this thread is not to address ways to work around the limitation, but to fix it. I don't want to be strategic with my animated tiles. I want to make ALL the water animated.
Sorry to notify you dusty, but Graal just can't handle all that awesome.