Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Sounds & Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm sorry, but I'm making a request

I don't know many musicians on Graal so I rarely focus on the musical aspect, but I'd really like to pull it off this one time for a small project I'm working on.

What I need is some creepy background music/ambiance. I'm leaning more towards ambiance than actual music. Here are some particular songs I picked out that I liked:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...64/library.mid
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...vil_Church.mid

However, some of them are a bit too fast for my liking... like I said I'm much more interested in atmosphere and ambiance. I'm also not a fan of creepy laughs or screams. If it's of interest, I plan to have the source of this be an old record player, or maybe a music box depending on the music, if you want to make it to that effect(cracks and low quality).

If anyone has some other recommendations I'd like to hear them as well

I also REALLY hate making people revisit work and make changes/redo stuff. So if you're interested I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about it so that I can avoid wasting your time.

edit: Rogue directed me to this song:

Which I liked until it started getting techno'y.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 01-14-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
You can make a request! Sadly I'm no good with music making.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Try asking spydrct02 or _Zelph :o

Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Someone has offered and is working on it currently I didn't want to personally ask people, as I feel that might be too intrusive or annoying.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Our friend spydrct02

Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Wait, so what is the project?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
It is ridiculously easy to make creepy ambient music in Garageband. Literally use the on screen key board, play a couple of minor chords with a good filter and bam, you can have a really good and simple song.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Banned
codecub is an unknown quantity at this point
making music is easy
Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecub View Post
making music is easy
just like urma

Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Garage band sucks... its so limited. I've found alot of free software for creating music (from scatch,not pre-recorded loops). I myself am a musician and I say if you think your a composer because you can use garage band your dreaming... waaaay to limited. If this project falls over on you dusty I'll give it a crack.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:24 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Garage band sucks... its so limited. I've found alot of free software for creating music (from scatch,not pre-recorded loops). I myself am a musician and I say if you think your a composer because you can use garage band your dreaming... waaaay to limited. If this project falls over on you dusty I'll give it a crack.
What free programs do you use that you like?
So far I've been using Garage band too, but mainly for voice..

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Free program have sucky quality, I use Fruityloops with a MIDI keyboard I have.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
David K?
Oh never heard of it.. the keyboard sounds nice, I may look into the Fruityloops thing since it doesn't seem like Tricxta wants to list the programs he has found that were free..

Also, it seems Garage band costs $14.99 xD
I thought it comes with Macs though? I wouldn't know, I have a lot of programs that i received with my Mac. D:

I know Audacity is a free program that you can also use to record things within the internal speakers ... or it uses the mac mic I'm not sure lol.. anyway that is alright.. again I use Garage band more.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 04:18 PM
David K?
Hey, I was playing with Garage band earlier "which I always used for voice editing and mixing ... such" and I found out something pretty neat. I don't know if you know much about garage band or not, I personally though you had to have an instrument to plug in and record...

Starting a new file, I don't think it matters what you pick, I clicked Keyboard Collection, save it where you want, and then click on one of the instruments.

Now, if you go to the Window tab, and then Musical Typing or "Shift+Command+K" on a Mac at least, it should pop up a keyboard. ^.^ You can use this to play music..

On the right under the Software Instrument tab, browse, and a lot of the Synth ???? things can help you create something neat if you don't really know how to play an instrument like my self. Although, I can play a mean marry had a little lamb or hot cross buns. >.> Learned them both on the recorder and never forgot them.

I didn't know you could actually play the instruments in the program, so this is pretty cool news to me, I could make a few songs looping a lot of sounds I like. Hope this helps. ^.^

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz