Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
An important message to ALL playerworlds

This is an important message to all playerworlds be you Gold, Classic, Hosted or Private. A lot of accounts recently have been getting this bug that makes your player float for some reason. I am suspecting it is some script error on the login server but I am not for sure this is true.

This only seems to be happening on certain servers, and this is why:

The glitch is a result of your player.z variable being not initialized to -51 when you login. People don't experience this on some servers because those servers have scripts which do initialize that variable.

So how do I, as a server Manager [or scripter] fix this glitch for myself, my staff and anyone that visits my server?

Simple! Almost every server nowadays has a main system npc that sets things such as enablefeatures() or showstats() as well as tiledefs for the player. Just shoot this line right inside that npc's onCreated() function (Clientside!) and you are set:

NPC Code:
  player.z = -51;

I really hope every server sets this since none of the Graal admins seem to be able to find another fix for it. If you have this bug and know a server that isn't fix this, please inform their Manager. If they still won't fix it, kindly give me the name of their server and I'll be glad to have a word with them.

Attached is a sample image of the glitch.

Thank you,
- Zero

I didn't know if I should post this in the playerworlds forum or the main forum since it is rather important. If the main forum is more appropriate, please move it there mods!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floaterror.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	41928  

Last edited by zokemon; 07-05-2007 at 10:55 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Nice!!!!!!!!! This was the bug my account has had since i've upgraded, On every gold/private server my account was messed up. I had no idea, it was because of my z coordinates.Thank you very much, Now I can use my account <3 Much love.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 07-05-2007 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
*HoudiniMan: Stefan, we have a small bug you should know about
*HoudiniMan: There is a thread on the forums at [this thread]
*Stefan: hmmm
*Stefan: its incorrect though
*Stefan: you should set player.z = -51;
*Stefan: also on the login server the z value is not modified
*Stefan: someone should track what z value they have
*Stefan: i dont think that is really the problem (player.z), on zone there was always a player.z = 0 and mystical dragon said he was bugged there
*Stefan: for the z
*Stefan: there is however the possibility that the z value is not reset on server switch
*Stefan: houdini i have added a player.z = -51 on the login server,
*Stefan: although i dont think that that is the problem

*HoudiniMan: why -51?
*Stefan: because the legal range is -50 to 170
*Stefan: everything outside will switch back to the automatic z detection
*Stefan: e.g. on kingdoms the z is automatically adapting to the terrain height
*HoudiniMan: right, so a flat gmap should autodetect z=0 if you set it outside the legal range
*Stefan: yes
There you have it folks

Old 07-05-2007, 10:55 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Thank you Houdini.
I edited my original post to say -51 instead of 0.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Although this is not the problem. The new gserver seems to have a small problem where some values (canspin, playerz) are overwritten in certain cases, will fix that soon.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I would be happy if you would also try to look into the body attribute resetting problem when you have the time to do so
Old 07-07-2007, 04:30 PM
That one guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I would be happy if you would also try to look into the body attribute resetting problem when you have the time to do so
Me or Stefan?
I only really looked into this z problem because I heard about enough people getting this error (even though I never did) and my server seemed to be one of the only private servers that didn't have it (because I already have z set for other reasons).

I'll try to look into the body thing though, yes.

And can someone sticky this temporarily until it is fixed and/or the message gets out to everyone?

EDIT
On the body thing:
I did notice one person who came on my server had a problem where his attr[5] and attr[6] (arms and legs for gold bodies) wouldn't show up for him even though other people could see them. After a little debugging between him and I, we found out that this only happened when his player.zoom was altered (which is altered on my server by default) as he could see them when his zoom was set to 1 (normal). I don't know if this is directly related but I'm sure there is a similarity somewhere between these two things and possibly all these strange happening as of late.

And on researching the body error: You will probably have to talk to me directly or so as I have yet to find someone else whom I've talked to with this glitch.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
I have this problem too, but its only on one account all my other ones are fine.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:45 PM
That one guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
I have this problem too, but its only on one account all my other ones are fine.
Well Cubes, I need to talk to you anyways!
:: points to signature ::
Old 07-07-2007, 05:38 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Tried it, didnt fix it though.
I was talking to Stefan btw.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 PM
That one guy...
Quote:
Tried it, didnt fix it though.
I was talking to Stefan btw.
:: stabbed in the heart ::
Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Also to you of course...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
Yeah I have that body problem too on all my accounts. I have had it for quite a long time.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I have found the problem, it is connected to some new stuff we have added, it will be fixed with the new Graal version (soon).
Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Great news.