Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Sooo I bought a playerworld

I bought a server and I am going to be on it daily.

Hoping God doesn't smite me down upon saying this and replying with the word "owned"... - I need a scripter. At least one. I have every other area covered beyond that of an average developer. If you can be somewhat active, and just get a few things done it'd help. Or even just someone willing to help me make ONE or TWO systems.

Enough with the complaining though. On to what the server is about.

If you know anything about me, I like to develop many modern looking servers. Well this will be I guess considered a 'modern' looking server. If you know anything about me, and what I like to play, its a game with a lot of P.v.P. combat.

So the server I am planning to develop will be based around P.v.P. and somewhat modern tiles. When I say modern don't get the image of Era's server in your head, with sidewalks, streets, buildings and such. If we have any surroundings like that, it will be in a completely separate 'battle ground', and will be much more compacted, and (no offense here Era) much better looking than Era's tiles.

I love the idea of leveling on a server. As well as unlocking certain things when reaching certain levels. So if you've read anything above, you understand that there will be "Battlegrounds" on this server. I plan to start with 2, MAYBE 3 of them, but will focus with only 1 at a time. Which will be more of a sandy ground, clay building theme. But back to the leveling idea. I wish to add an experience system that is based off your kills. Maybe have some side things like "Objectives" you can complete, or certain amount of kills with each weapon (CoD styled idea). These objectives that you complete will also award you with experience points.

Now there will be experience points, and points. There will be a difference between these, guys. XP Points are just for the sake of leveling. A separate points system will then be added. This will be the currency of the server. How you obtain these "points" have not yet been decided. Some ideas are: Kills, each level you gain, objectives, jobs, etc.

As of this moment, we will not be implementing an outside world GridMap. There will be a 3x1 inside GMap that is considered the OSL, partial weapon shop, along with some other places that will be based around players game play.

I know I'm jumping all around with these ideas, but back to the battleground discussion. I would like to make several spawn points in each BG made. Along with a 2/3 second NopPK effect you get upon entering (a halo on your head, or wings on your back, or even just an alpha effect). This will prevent laming. I want there to be different types of matches in these battlegrounds. Gametypes, if you will. One being a straight out free-for-all where you just kill and kill and kill and kill. This is where a 'Clan System' will be implemented. I plan to make this system only able to have 2 or 3 people in one clan. So you don't get 5 people all in one clan, waiting for 1 guy they don't like to come into the BG and just murder his soul. Another gametype will be a team match. Being the same as above, but with select teams that will stay even for the most part. This will have sub-GameTypes inside of them, such as Team-CTF (Capture most opposing flags within set time), Team-Invasion (Take over enemy bases, each start with 1 base, 5 bases in total. Kind of like 'War' in CoD5 [if I had to relate]), and Team-LMS (Start as a team, end as an individual. If your team or teammate is the last one standing, your team is awarded 1 point for each of your guys still alive, and the round will reset, re spawning the dead. The amount of rounds held in this is for now, undecided.)

Moving on, with all that said. I could really use some help. I can start by using Chris' and Javes' Vesporia systems. As a boost, but their help can only do so much. And it would be nice to find a scripter who can start fresh on everything, or build/replace on current content.

I am not a picky manager, I give fair C/C and expect it back from you in return. I'm not harsh if you're not on a lot. I'm not too pushy. I know what I'm doing dev-wise, and have been int he game a while. I'm reasonable with everything I do on the server, and will look to see you're rewarded for what you've done. (Promotions, rights, trust etc...) I am on almost every day, and up late working. My job is from 2AM to 8AM. So I get my sleep til midday and have nothing else major to usually do that would prevent me from being on at all. So I'm very active.

I might have left some stuff out, but will add it when I think of it. And my apologies for typing errors, I rushed to get this off before I head to work. If you have any suggestions or ideas on what to add, let me hear it. Otherwise log onto Dev Arch_Angel, walk into the hole in the tree, and get a glimpse of the beginning ideas level. Leading to a story I will develop as to why you are where you are. And why you are fighting mercilessly.

Any other development can be considered, just post some info on here, or contact me via forum PM or AIM: aexgraal.

Thanks to all.