Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Aruchinjiru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aruchinjiru
Wink Shaded Legend's 2.0 - Sneak Peak

Ok, I thought I'd share a few things with people. One being the current map. Disregard the left side as it is being worked on.

Another is I thought I'd share a Baddy, although its not complete so I have no worries about someone trying to steal it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slworldmap.png
Views:	301
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	21182  
Old 10-14-2002, 01:07 PM
The baddy.

I'm really happy about the GFX person we have working on SL and all the work he has done. This is not done, its missing attacking images and such but so far its looking great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baddieaguia.png
Views:	290
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	21183  
Old 10-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles
I can tell you used a NPC editor for the dirtpaths...
Anyways.. goodluck :P
Old 10-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Foolish Dreamer
Graal518 is on a distinguished road
With no disrespect meant, or anything.. shouldn't Shaded Legend have more content than what is there for the time it's been up? I've been there before, and I think the levels, and especially the server itself was nice; except that everytime I went on, all I basically saw were updates of the current things already there.

In any case, good luck with everything.

Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see? I know my heart should guide me, but...
Old 10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
They're under playered and thus under staffed... They have a few key players that i know of and i don't see a lot of help going to those few... I'm glad they've stayed afloat, i wouldn't have thought they could if you presented me with that situation hypethtically

Old 10-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
I like your map though the paths could be fixed up a tiny bit.... i notice the dark "uncrossable" water is used, there had better be a boat that can cross that though, it's bad ediquette (sp?) to have areas of an overworld blocked off and only accesible by some lamer warp unless it's space themed... that'd be interesting to see, mostly black overworld with planets... if i ever make i server i might use this idea but that will not be anytime in the near future, but i'd like to see somebody try it.

Old 10-14-2002, 10:49 PM
Foolish Dreamer
Graal518 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HoudiniMan
They're under playered and thus under staffed... They have a few key players that i know of and i don't see a lot of help going to those few... I'm glad they've stayed afloat, i wouldn't have thought they could if you presented me with that situation hypethtically
But for the lack of staff they have, the server is still pretty nice. It's just the fact that they have been up for quite awhile, and more could have been done in that alotted time. It's not a bash on SL, I mean...the server quality does beat out a lot of playerworlds.

Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see? I know my heart should guide me, but...
Old 10-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I offered my help, but because I worked at Bravo, I couldn't work there. :O
Old 10-15-2002, 12:32 AM
Cid_Night is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Cid_Night
SL is a very nice server, but...too much foresssssst, cut down some of that and throw up some more cities and buildings and stuff. Good luck to ya!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:36 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Cid_Night
SL is a very nice server, but...too much foresssssst, cut down some of that and throw up some more cities and buildings and stuff. Good luck to ya!
NOOO! SAVE THE RAINFORESTS MAN!
Old 10-15-2002, 05:11 AM
Scalper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Scalper
Basically SL will be the "on the fly" playerworld. The plot so far is that a huge kingdom in this world was run by a tyrant and the people , in an attempt to stop him tried to revolt but where easily put down. So to get away the revolters slipped away into boats and found an uninhabited land.

By the time you, the player arrives many houses and shops are just getting finished being set up. So as you play SL, you slowly see the towns being completed, to give the affect that the world is actually moving along and developing. Our quests won't be a list of preset things you do, we will have new quests every week (or maybe day, if we have the manpower) to do once the current quest(s) are completed. We'll have many unique items you can only get this way, so everyone could have entirely different weapons/items. Thus we , once completed, will be a persistant world where there will be constantly new towns, quests, etc. Current houses will "burn down" and new ones built in their places.

So far things are moving along pretty good, we've got the first land mass done and the rest of the map is doing well. We plan on using all original monsters/bosses, and of course you can expect the same quality level that we've always worked to keeping.

Our only real problem is the staff situation which was pointed out in this thread. But now we've got a pretty good base of SL veterans on the team and things are looking great. You can actually get on SL right now and see the destruction of our current levels as we slowly get ready for the new overworld. Basically this world is ending and once destoryed the new overworld starts in another time period, in the beginning, before the end, and before the current SL time period.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:27 AM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
Quote:
Originally posted by Scalper
Basically SL will be the "on the fly" playerworld. The plot so far is that a huge kingdom in this world was run by a tyrant and the people , in an attempt to stop him tried to revolt but where easily put down. So to get away the revolters slipped away into boats and found an uninhabited land.

By the time you, the player arrives many houses and shops are just getting finished being set up. So as you play SL, you slowly see the towns being completed, to give the affect that the world is actually moving along and developing. Our quests won't be a list of preset things you do, we will have new quests every week (or maybe day, if we have the manpower) to do once the current quest(s) are completed. We'll have many unique items you can only get this way, so everyone could have entirely different weapons/items. Thus we , once completed, will be a persistant world where there will be constantly new towns, quests, etc. Current houses will "burn down" and new ones built in their places.

So far things are moving along pretty good, we've got the first land mass done and the rest of the map is doing well. We plan on using all original monsters/bosses, and of course you can expect the same quality level that we've always worked to keeping.

Our only real problem is the staff situation which was pointed out in this thread. But now we've got a pretty good base of SL veterans on the team and things are looking great. You can actually get on SL right now and see the destruction of our current levels as we slowly get ready for the new overworld. Basically this world is ending and once destoryed the new overworld starts in another time period, in the beginning, before the end, and before the current SL time period.
word! btw, why the f00k do you keep changing your AIM...
Old 10-15-2002, 06:21 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Scalper

PERSON-power...
Old 10-15-2002, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Graal518
With no disrespect meant, or anything.. shouldn't Shaded Legend have more content than what is there for the time it's been up? I've been there before, and I think the levels, and especially the server itself was nice; except that everytime I went on, all I basically saw were updates of the current things already there.

In any case, good luck with everything.
Yes, we should have more content but due to the lack of staff we have been suffering. New SL has been in the works for 5-6 months now. Levels are pretty much done for the Beta Version, but scripters we need badly so we can release new SL. I think we have only two people that can script, one of them being away due to personal problems. Things have been slow, and thus has made it stressful on us. We have so much we want to do, but we need more player's. Every attempt to post on the forums stating we are hiring people has got us no where.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HoudiniMan
I like your map though the paths could be fixed up a tiny bit.... i notice the dark "uncrossable" water is used, there had better be a boat that can cross that though, it's bad ediquette (sp?) to have areas of an overworld blocked off and only accesible by some lamer warp unless it's space themed... that'd be interesting to see, mostly black overworld with planets... if i ever make i server i might use this idea but that will not be anytime in the near future, but i'd like to see somebody try it.
Dark water is a barrier that will, later be destroyed in a sense. The barrier is up currently to block access to the unfinished parts of New SL. Also, around the island will be removed since we were originally going to have it a Event Island of some sorts and that idea has changed. Its going to be a town for after the Beta Release more then likely.