Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
Turn off Killed messages

Is there a way to turn off the messages that show up when someone is killed/kills someone? Like during events all I see is

Skyler10 killed ghost_face_killa!
Than it shows again in a lighter color
Than somone nukes.

Not only is this annoying, it lags me because my computer is complete ****. So, is there a way to fix this? or stop it from happening? If not, can you make a way to disable it? Thanks Tim.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I'll add something soon. In the meantime keep in mind you can press ` (same key as ~) to clear messages.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Freedom is not free
The_Federov is on a distinguished road
I know, but when we're in gang ulms, I get like 5 a second. Just not having them in general would help.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Federov View Post
I know, but when we're in gang ulms, I get like 5 a second. Just not having them in general would help.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer are you using (graphics card, OS, RAM, etc)? It's interesting to me that messages cause so much lag for some people (you're not the first to report it).
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Requill
hhdoubleharrasholy will become famous soon enough
It's not the lag so much as it is the bulkiness, I know what he means. Especially for us who use full screen mode. It takes up so much room.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
if u go into fullscreen and ur STILL lagging then u should really dump ur computer
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
if u go into fullscreen and ur STILL lagging then u should really dump ur computer
I don't think you're in any position to tell anyone to dump their computers due to a specific event triggering their "lag", Mr 20FPSallTheTimeComplainingOnTheForums
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
if ur having a fps problem on era then u have a very serious fps problem (unless u have multiple programmes open). i had fps problems twice on era, the 1st time it was a fan problem so i had to change it, the second time sum1 sent me a fkn virus and it took me a lot of help to take it out
in europe a 300$ computer can run era smoothly

Last edited by TSAdmin; 02-29-2012 at 02:47 AM.. Reason: Removed completely unrelated section of the post.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Hey TK, i got a file for you to download...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Messages also lag me, that's why I religiously type '/clear' (sorry its way faster for me to tab + up + enter + tab than hit ` for some reason... I'm just so used to it really).

Even if not disabling them, it shouldn't send the same message twice like it does for gang kills. That should be fixed.

Also party kills shouldn't display unless both players are on party tag... currently they come up even if both players aren't on the party tag. (ex: When Benny kills someone and we're both on gangtag, I get a message for the gang kill in gray then two red messages since one comes for the party and another for the same guild).
Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
if ur having a fps problem on era then u have a very serious fps problem (unless u have multiple programmes open). i had fps problems twice on era, the 1st time it was a fan problem so i had to change it, the second time sum1 sent me a fkn virus and it took me a lot of help to take it out
in europe a 300$ computer can run era smoothly
You've completely missed the point of this thread. He hasn't said that he gets FPS drops playing Era, he said he gets FPS drop because of a singular feature of Era. You really need to pay attention to the thread before making useless responses.

As Chris said, this is something that's been reported a couple of times before, so it may very well be due to certain configurations of some which is why he would like to know what The_Federov's specs are.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
You've completely missed the point of this thread. He hasn't said that he gets FPS drops playing Era, he said he gets FPS drop because of a singular feature of Era. You really need to pay attention to the thread before making useless responses.

As Chris said, this is something that's been reported a couple of times before, so it may very well be due to certain configurations of some which is why he would like to know what The_Federov's specs are.
Curious, are you just waiting for him to have some kind of stroke and then suddenly he'll say "Gee TSAdmin, you're right, I am so sorry for being such an ass all the time! I believe you've convinced me!" ?

I don't mean to completely disregard what you're trying to teach him, but he clearly doesn't care considering his past reactions and responses.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 02-29-2012 at 03:11 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer are you using (graphics card, OS, RAM, etc)? It's interesting to me that messages cause so much lag for some people (you're not the first to report it).
The message system slows me down as well. Windows 7. Dual Core Processor 2.17ghz 2.17ghz. 4mb memory.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
The message system slows me down as well. Windows 7. Dual Core Processor 2.17ghz 2.17ghz. 4mb memory.
What graphics card? Assuming 64-bit? Aero is on? Does it get better if you turn it off?