Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
I'm pretty sure you just tank bullets since you have an insane ammount of hp.

But don't alter the bullet speed, that would honestly ruin the game like Meph said. Any slower would cause your player to practicly out run bullets, and any faster bullet dodging would become too dificult. Look at Zone, you can't dodge on that server and it's lame.
Bullets seem slower now. I don't know whether it's because of the movement system being rescripted twice, or because of caps and speed potions. But they definitely seem about 10-15% slower than they used to be.

Not to mention that after the SG552 was released every other gun in the game had it's freeze basically halved to match up, so players are certainly more agile than they were in the past. Remember when Meph wanted to go back and add that freeze back to the guns? I'd rather achieve the same result by just increasing the bullet speed a bit.

Saying that it would ruin PKing is a bit far fetched. You would still easily be able to dodge and weave, but you'd just need to readjust a bit, just like we had to after the new movement system came out.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:52 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
lockers/mall rofl
Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
I'm pretty sure you just tank bullets since you have an insane ammount of hp.

But don't alter the bullet speed, that would honestly ruin the game like Meph said. Any slower would cause your player to practicly out run bullets, and any faster bullet dodging would become too dificult. Look at Zone, you can't dodge on that server and it's lame.
You can to an extent however the freeze does hinder the ability to dodge like you can on Era.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
or knowing how to effectively counter-attacking another player, as knowledge as how your guns work instead of having to change like a cheap bastard.

Just like your pk style change from neo rifle to sten to shipka to mp5.
Meph's 100% right, back when I had lotsa guns and did raids, I used Neo Rifle when i needed high damage guns, PBP when it was in close quarters, MT for 1v1ing, and I usually had a fast low freeze gun for spray and pray

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:09 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I'm curious as to why you guys haven't made PKing more of a fight for survival.. Follow this idea for consideration if you will..

Majorly lower the damage to that of back in the day (5-10-15) damage and keep your high HP but to make this legitimate make it where you suffer a sort of slowing down after so and so bullets (Now not like 20% reduction of movement after one bullet) but give or take 4 bullets before you notice a slowdown on your character. That way you'd have a even chance for two reasons.

1. The predator wouldn't have to worry about a running kill

But possibly to even it (I may be giving a too perfect idea)

2. The prey could turn the tables by creative use of his slow down.

Make this slow only work to a conditions meet of..

3-4 Bullets:10% player slowdown for 30 seconds
7-8(maybe?) bullets:25% player slowdown for 20 seconds.
10-14 bullets bullets:40% player slowdown for 10 seconds and 50% chance of bleeding (bullet causing organs or just plain insides hemorrhage) causing a dot.

But if the prey meets this condition they should recieve something along the lines of..

Adrenaline Boost: You've been given a second chance, 15% speed increase and hemorrhaging has been stopped. Only meetable condition is that you make the prey recieve a bullet slowdown debuff.

This is just a random idea that may be too RPG style for Era. Give it some thought, maybe play with it before totally throwing it out.

Only Problem I see while writing this: Shotgun OPness..(Question mark)

Yes, I intentionally left some holes for Era to fill because it's their server, I don't play it (anymore) and think they should be able to take this putty of an idea and mold it into the structure of Era.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 12-08-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Counterstrike slows players down when they've been hit.

The problem though is that everybody on Counterstrike is there to shoot and kill people. On Era some people just want to make money and cyber with other guys and make an e-family, so this sort of thing greatly disadvantages players who get caught in a fight who might not want to fight back, and is seen as player discrimination.
The PK timer was meant to be a sort of middle ground between these ideas, but it's still a sort of imperfect implementation at the moment.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Counterstrike slows players down when they've been hit.

The problem though is that everybody on Counterstrike is there to shoot and kill people. On Era some people just want to make money and cyber with other guys and make an e-family, so this sort of thing greatly disadvantages players who get caught in a fight who might not want to fight back, and is seen as player discrimination.
The PK timer was meant to be a sort of middle ground between these ideas, but it's still a sort of imperfect implementation at the moment.
I didn't know that about counterstrike.

You're right though, this wouldn't win them all but seriously it's better than what you've got currently

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
reaally theres nothing wrong with what there currently is everything works doesnt it?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Personally, I'm not going to implement any ideas that change the core pking system that has worked on Era for so long. The most I would ever do is expand upon it (by adding things such as hotkeys), or possibly implement custom projectiles to allow for more versatile weapons. I can't speak for other developers, but right now I'm the only decently-active coder on Era.

That being said, I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on gangs. In my opinion, the gang system is something that really needs to be changed.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Personally, I'm not going to implement any ideas that change the core pking system that has worked on Era for so long. The most I would ever do is expand upon it (by adding things such as hotkeys), or possibly implement custom projectiles to allow for more versatile weapons. I can't speak for other developers, but right now I'm the only decently-active coder on Era.

That being said, I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on gangs. In my opinion, the gang system is something that really needs to be changed.

1. do not let anyone without a gang tag enter a gang base: they only distutb, lower your hp when you arent even focused on them, inform opposite gangs of your movements/door blocking....etc
if someone doesnt have a gang tag he should raid era mafia, this would only help party activity (as would more party tournements)
2. to make things more interesting, the gang with the lowest sum of gang points in a month is deleted and another gang (through an application of themed gang ideas, as was done in 2006-2007 with LS and other gangs) is created. the reason why 1 gang must be deleted is that 4 is too much aith the current playercount.
3. increase prizes: 5ecs are dull, it should be that if uve been in the top gang the whole week and uve scored at least 50kills (NOT CONSIDERING DEATHS SO ALL NOOBS HAVE A CHANCE) u get something like 5-10k cash. this would make gang raiding like a job, therefore increase activity and interest
4.as zeus had suggested, make it possible for a gang to invite another gang to a specific level (i.e. tdm, ctf...) to have a gang battle, organised by a sort of eventbot. the number of players, maximum score/time of game must be agreed upon, and a gang cant refuse an invitation if they have 7-8 or more players online
5.and finally, to keep gangs balanced: the first solution is placing a gang member limit of total members or members on tag at once (say 12). otherwise, to avoid gang hopping, which has become a disease in era lately, if someone says /leavegang (NOT IF HE IS KICKED) he can't join another gang for like 1 week.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Kanto League Champion
I don't agree with locking people who aren't in gangs out of gang bases. Raiding gang bases as a solo PKer or in a party is a good way to get noticed as a serious PKer by gangs, or a good way to kill some time if you're bored. I'd wager that a 5 person party would stand a good chance in a raid against a gang any day of the week. So locking them out just doesn't make sense and seems like it'd have more of an adverse effect. When trials got locked out of gang bases I remember how boring it became.

I do agree that money rewards for gangs is a good incentive though. I don't know why people have been so hesitant to do it. People can make 30K+ in a day from mining, so even if you were giving away 5k per day to the best PKer in each gang I can't see that somehow being an economy destroyer.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
they come in alone and theyre rly irritating..u dnt even try to fight them cuz ur target is to fight the other gang
they can be noticed in events, party raids or at spar complex..noobs nowadays dnt spar thats y they dnt improve and just run all the time and playercount sux
Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Who's the manager or co-manager? Finding it incredibly hard to contact the right people.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Who's the manager or co-manager? Finding it incredibly hard to contact the right people.
If my Era forum memories are correct...

Manager: Has no Internet.
Co-Manager: AWOL most of the time.

I guess that doesn't really help you but gives a reason why.

I'd suggest they get that all figured out.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Era since 2005
yeah lol r manager and comanager didnt log on in 2 months, and y rnt they fired?