Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-16-2007, 03:46 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
RC PMs

I like how the client still shows PMs from those who have logged off. Is it easy to add this to RC as well?

(Probably should throw in a community name column in the playerlist while you're at it )
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I like how the client still shows PMs from those who have logged off. Is it easy to add this to RC as well?

(Probably should throw in a community name column in the playerlist while you're at it )
Nice idea

It would also be nice to have a buddy list on the RC it will make it easier to pm people from other servers.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I say that everyone should use scripted RC instead, it has all those functions since it is the effing client!
But yes, it would be nice.
I SUPPORT THIS THREAD
Old 11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
I say that everyone should use scripted RC instead,
The RC is still better than the Script RC in some ways so i don't think everyone should use it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Scripting with scripted RC is a pain in the ass. I agree, overall its nice, but it doesnt replace the standalone one.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I don't know why it was removed, but something I'd like to see added to a next version of RC would be the ability to right click and open something of a person on another server like we used to be able to do.

For example: A player is banned on Era, their account is easy enough to find out, but their PC ID was caught in the ban, also, and they can't for the life of them figure out how to check thier PC ID. In the old RC, I could open the "Servers" tab and right click>Edit Access on them directly and get their Local Ban, Global Ban, Computer Ban and Global Computer Ban tabs as if they were still on the server.

As a side note, I'm kinda sick of having to hover over the players appearing in the player list on RC just so the list will update.

Eg: The player list is open, and is up to date. Someone logs on, they appear on the top of the "Players" part of the list, but the person originally on the top is gone, as if logged off, but when you hover over them, they move down in the list, replacing the next in the list appearance, and so forth. x.x
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I liked whatever GUI that the first RC used, GTK+ is big and clunky and I don't like it. Especially the file browser part.

I would like it if Stefan would hire someone to program the RC
And use something like wxWidgets instead of GTK+
Old 11-17-2007, 12:23 AM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I would like it if Stefan would hire someone to program the RC
I've wanted to for a long time because I had a ton of ideas and it's rarely updated. I forgot why I was turned down exactly.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:13 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibonic View Post
I've wanted to for a long time because I had a ton of ideas and it's rarely updated. I forgot why I was turned down exactly.
Do it! :[
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The next Graal version will make it possible to open external windows by script, that way the scripted RC can use external windows for scripting and filebrowser etc. It can probably replace the normal RC sometime then. The playerlist can also be customized to add new right-click menu entries or columns.

I think it can be quite interesting to combine several tools that we have:
- hide the graal window if you just want to chat/script/administrate (eventually automatically go into observer mode)
- login directly into RC by starting Graal with "-rc" option
- use the normal external dockable playerlist plus a tab for displaying chat channels
- player-list right-click menu for opening attributes, sending admin messages, disconnect, warpto, summon
- script your own tools for managing events or items which then can be opened by clicking on a button

There is still some functionality missing in the scripted RC but it should be possible to add that (e.g. drag&drop files from the filebrowser for downloading them into a folder). The RC also needs some new design, it should be more clean and look more professional, the current layout uses too much space for displaying the background image and stuff, while the menu-only version is looking too plain.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Incubator
That is so AWESOME, I've always wanted to script my own tools for RC to help staff manage things better, because its usually hard or verbose for those who aren't scripters.

Btw I'm sure if you're starting Graal for just for RC (the "-rc" option) it would create the GUIs only and not draw the levels and such and drain computer resources?

Well, whats the ETA on this new version?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The next Graal version will make it possible to open external windows by script, that way the scripted RC can use external windows for scripting and filebrowser etc. It can probably replace the normal RC sometime then. The playerlist can also be customized to add new right-click menu entries or columns.

I think it can be quite interesting to combine several tools that we have:
- hide the graal window if you just want to chat/script/administrate (eventually automatically go into observer mode)
- login directly into RC by starting Graal with "-rc" option
- use the normal external dockable playerlist plus a tab for displaying chat channels
- player-list right-click menu for opening attributes, sending admin messages, disconnect, warpto, summon
- script your own tools for managing events or items which then can be opened by clicking on a button

There is still some functionality missing in the scripted RC but it should be possible to add that (e.g. drag&drop files from the filebrowser for downloading them into a folder). The RC also needs some new design, it should be more clean and look more professional, the current layout uses too much space for displaying the background image and stuff, while the menu-only version is looking too plain.
Hip hip! HOORRAAY

I like this, RC hasnt got any love in a long time.
Now the editor?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:40 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
I like that you are planning to update things, Stefan, but I would rather keep a standalone RC. I dont really like the overall idea of a scripted one you can only use with the client...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Incubator
As long as the windows can be created outside the client and the client doesn't take up resources, then I'll be content.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Added a way for adding your own menu entries to the scripted player list, some example on Zone:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
  (
"-Playerlist").addCustomMenuEntry(1000,"Kick");
}

function 
PlayerList_Menu.onSelect(entryid,text) {

temp.pl = ("-Playerlist").menuplayers[0];
  switch (
entryid) {
    case