Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
No. If someone PMs you from another account that you have on ignore, put the other one on ignore, too. Put the whole server on Ignore if you don't want to be bothered. As for the "A whole guild killing one guy" thing. That'd still happen appearing offline. Once they've found you, they're on you until you disappear to 'unstick me' or something.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Banned
Knight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
I hate to play the devils advocate but I like this. What is there are no GP to report too. This would stop hackers somewhat and stop ignorant noobs from messing from you. Better yet have a DND thing, Not just the plisticon but avtual area. So if you set yourself to it you can not be contact through PM but by select few, that you choose.
Yeah, on many servers GPs aren't always online... GPs are nothing but players with a tag. They have lifes too (mostly)... I mean why should you have to leave a server because people are being jerks? Why can't you just stop them and allow your friends to PM you.

How can you try to say put the whole server on ignore? This is a simple function, you're just trying to defend a pointless point...?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe make a feature in the playerlist options. Ignore all, or ignore non buddy accounts. then, when you unckeck it, it unignores them. When you ignore everybody on the server people log off and you miss unignoring them. This is bad for staff member cause if you happen to miss someone, and a lot of people are online next time you log on. You may miss unignoring them altogether.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
I mean why should you have to leave a server because people are being jerks? Why can't you just stop them and allow your friends to PM you.
They're not being jerks, this is online game, that's what they're supposed to do.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:22 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I think RC should have a 'hide' feature that doesn't show it on the playerlist, but not clients...

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 PM
King_Koopa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I think RC should have a 'hide' feature that doesn't show it on the playerlist, but not clients...
eh? Didn't (eons ago) RCs not appear on the playerlist then Stefan changed it so they could be seen? Don't confuse me!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Koopa View Post
eh? Didn't (eons ago) RCs not appear on the playerlist then Stefan changed it so they could be seen? Don't confuse me!
There was a dimmed out right that was "Do not appear on the playerlist" but I'm not sure if it was ever actually put to use.
I think maybe for a short time RCs couldn't be seen on the playerlist, but I remember even on Graal1.4 and 1.39 I could see RCs.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
King_Koopa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
There was a dimmed out right that was "Do not appear on the playerlist" but I'm not sure if it was ever actually put to use.
I think maybe for a short time RCs couldn't be seen on the playerlist, but I remember even on Graal1.4 and 1.39 I could see RCs.
Oh no. I remember the old days, like 1.28 and back. The RC did not appear at all on the playerlist. I think it was changed during the 1.3-1.39 siries. The gservers from like back then looked just like the RCs. Good times. As for that feature, I don't ever remember it...but then I rarely used an RC.

Also, I am talking about the super-old graal verisons if you get the wrong idea. -_-

Last edited by King_Koopa; 11-09-2007 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Adding
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
must i fourth it?
and I will fifth it

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Hooaah!!!
Laek2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Laek2007
I agree with Tig.

I don't think clients should be able to have this feature. But I do think it could be good for people with rc. Because RC is a tool which is needed for developing and while your developing your server you don't want to get a billion pms.

The reason this isn't a good idea for a client. Is because if some client finds a way to bug abuse or hack. It'd be impossible to catch them without their account name.