Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectshifter
That really doesn't seem to make much sense. You're going to have an NPC in a level that reads onPlayerKills(player)? I'm not sure you're getting the concept of all of this object orientation, onPlayerKills(player) would be a member of what object? If you're wanting to do that, whenever a player is hit you can store the attacker in a string, and if that player dies then trigger to an NPC to calculate it. Otherwise I'm really not seeing the merit of it.
Okay. You let me try to explain.

The "created" event handler doesn't imply a player object assignment:
PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

player.chat "blahdeedaregarfg"//doesn't work because no player was involved in the creating

On the other hand, the "playerenters" event handler does imply a player object assignment:
PHP Code:
function onPlayerEnters() {

player.chat "blahdeedaregarfg"//works because the player was involved in the entering

It would make sense for the player that was killing to be assigned to the player object of the event handler for "playerkills." However, it would also make sense to know who was killed, so it would make sense for params[0] to contain the player who died's object reference.

In clientside scripting the player object assignment is always assigned to the only clientside player.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I support Mr.Jake's ideas.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Gamerkid7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would really really like to see this functionality added

I've been having a hassle of a time trying to figure out how to determine when a player kills another player with the default hit system, and this would make things so much easier
Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
...you just revived a 4 year old thread.
Good God, man, look at the timestamps before replying.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
...you just revived a 4 year old thread.
Good God, man, look at the timestamps before replying.
There's nothing wrong with reviving a perfectly good suggestion, which I've needed plenty of times, that has not been added yet.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm could be interesting especially since we are using the classic hitpoint system on iPhone
Old 01-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Indigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hmmm could be interesting especially since we are using the classic hitpoint system on iPhone
It'd also be helpful on Final Star so that I don't have to use a work around, since it's needed for the Kills Leaderboard.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
This is a little disappointing
This feature and many others for default have been begged for, for so so long... tracking kills, tracking hits, fixed bombs and arrows, and it only gets a higher priority/interest since iPhone uses it?

Meh, least it's getting done I guess.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ok with the next update of gserver and npcserver there should be a onPlayerKilled(victim,killer).
Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Indigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ok with the next update of gserver and npcserver there should be a onPlayerKilled(victim,killer).
Niiiice.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
What about a way to detect the last person to hurt the player via default hits(sword, arrows, bombs)?

player.lasthitby? It would actually make the new function for detecting who killed the player fairly redundant.