Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Insane Lag

I'm pretty sure this is not just Era, but we are experiencing tremendous lag throughout the day and players/staff being constantly disconnected. It is really dropping our playercount and reducing our staff's desire to stay on and help players/development. This has been going on for days now, and while I waited by for a fix, nothing has happened.

What is the cause of this? What can be done to fix this? When can this be fixed? Those are fair questions that I would like answered if it isn't too much trouble. Our peak times are seeing less and less players and when asked why, they respond that they cannot stand the lag and getting constantly disconnected. We are getting blamed for this, but I don't see much we can do about it.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
That lagg is horrid, we really need it fixed. Its destroying the player count and players are getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so. I spoke with Stefan briefly and he said the server provider put the protection on , its killing PC graaaaal.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
Like i said in era's forum:

I spoke to Stefan yesterday, when the DDOS attack happened Stefan had put a "protection mask IP" to hide everyones real IP address. The protection has not yet been took off which it should of been Stefan advised me, he is going to look into why it was not took off and take it off to stop this mass disconnecting. Everyone is having problems with the "protection" because everyone is given a manual IP setting of 75.126.61.* the last digits change for everyone. This IP is causing issues with the networking because like i said before Graal is realizing the real IP of that person and cutting the connection off.

I'm still waiting for Stefan to confirm this protection has been took off..
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
A few of my friends who are regular Era players have mentioned it to me, all though over on UN i haven't had any lag or d/c problems.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM
SyIvia will become famous soon enough
A few of my friends who are active players have quit due to this, if they're trying to kill pc graal.. it's working!

on a serious note, i wish he didn't move the server to texas, oversea players have been getting lag ever since it was moved back to texas. if i knew they were moving it i would have went against it, seatle was so much better, i could live with the midnight lag spikes.
Utah or West/East coast would have been so much better as a host server :|
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
That lagg is horrid, we really need it fixed. Its destroying the player count and players are getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so. I spoke with Stefan briefly and he said the server provider put the protection on , its killing PC graaaaal.
I can't even connect on Era anymore without being dc'ed within 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what time of day I log on. So I agree this is very annoying.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
Like i said in era's forum:

I spoke to Stefan yesterday, when the DDOS attack happened Stefan had put a "protection mask IP" to hide everyones real IP address. The protection has not yet been took off which it should of been Stefan advised me, he is going to look into why it was not took off and take it off to stop this mass disconnecting. Everyone is having problems with the "protection" because everyone is given a manual IP setting of 75.126.61.* the last digits change for everyone. This IP is causing issues with the networking because like i said before Graal is realizing the real IP of that person and cutting the connection off.

I'm still waiting for Stefan to confirm this protection has been took off..
Stefan did not enable this, his host did because they noticed the attacks. He needs to increase the bandwidth on the server or figure something out with them to get it resolved.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Its not just era too, sometimes I can't even get on client.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I have a hard time even clicking Graal.....>:{ Just BOOM can't connect.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
It's getting to be quite a nuisance. I don't know what Stefan is doing, but paying customers are saying byebye already
Old 03-20-2013, 04:17 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Paying? loooooooooooooooooool
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's bogus man! Fix it Stefan!!!

The issues with the DoS protection really need to get figured out and not just disabled, having the servers lag the **** out every time a hacker gets pissed off is not fun.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 03-20-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
Stefan did not enable this, his host did because they noticed the attacks. He needs to increase the bandwidth on the server or figure something out with them to get it resolved.
That's true the way Stefan worded it was he enabled the protection at first but this protection should of been took off awhile ago in the first place. I really feel that if it's took off, it will solve the disconnecting and "You don't have admin rights on RC" because graal will keep my original IP from my ISP so there is no need to reset my connection. The only reason why we are disconnecting is because like I said the IP address is changing automatically the way this "protection" is set up.

I do really hope this is took off and resolved because it's killing the player count not only on Era but other servers too.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
and if you guys want to get thermos,tnc,theawsomeones ips and ddos em back
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
and if you guys want to get thermos,tnc,theawsomeones ips and ddos em back
Yea, cause that makes absolute ****ing sense >.>
What good would that do? I know I'm not butt hurt to the point where I'll do anything strictly illegal ...