Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2013, 06:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's possible your ISP/modem/router is interfering and closing the connection as it appears inactive which in turn causes your NC to disconnect
This would be my guess. The older (current) Windows RC doesn't send any kind of keep-alive packets on NC afaik. The new one (which Stefan hasn't released on Windows) does, which iirc he said fixes the issue.

Likely your router (which is doing NAT) drops the connection to NC from its translation tables after it doesn't see any activity for a while (since it thinks the connection is dead), effectively killing it. Usually you can raise this timeout ("NAT timeout") to help reduce the frequency the problem, but that depends on your router. You can observe this problem with other protocols that don't send periodic keep-alive packets (e.g. SSH, but usually you configure it with a keep-alive to avoid this very problem).

The real solution is use the new RC, but Stefan hasn't released it yet for Windows, not sure why.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The real solution is use the new RC, but Stefan hasn't released it yet for Windows, not sure why.
Curious, does the new RC also resolve the issue with clipping strings > 256 characters?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
@Daz, happens to me alot on my home connection where my internet is alot slower then where I'm living now. It also takes me a while for NC to load when logging on RC, but I think that's just because of the amount of scripts we have on Era.

@NewRC Does the new RC still have the "level list is not longer supported" button?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
With your RC connected, open a command prompt and do: netstat -a -b

You'll eventually see RemoteControl2.exe listed and it will show the port it's using. The bigger port number is typically the NC.

It's possible your ISP/modem/router is interfering and closing the connection as it appears inactive which in turn causes your NC to disconnect, a VPN could alleviate this issue.
that is some high level pro **** jer
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
I'm setting a VPN up but i can't locate the ip address for the server wishing to connect to as i tried netstats in command prompt and it gives me an error saying "The requested operation needs elevation."
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Try running the prompt with elevated privileges.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Ex Manager of Era
This is even worse now since Stefan tried to make the network better, constant disconnecting from game itself and RC, also an annoying message "You don't have admin rights" constantly spams RC now when my NC gets disconnected.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
asdfg
Yea I get that too :o
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm getting all sorts of weird issues with RC connectivity :/

Many times it's just that RC stops communicating data. In-game my connection is fine. But on RC if I try to chat, open anything or such, nothing happens. I can open Client-RC in client and do all the things fine, but my connection on RC is broken. I have to open the serverlist and reconnect. And I have to do this constantly, like every 15 minutes or so on a bad night I have to reconnect. This is an absolute pain in the ass when you're scripting stuff.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Ex Manager of Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'm getting all sorts of weird issues with RC connectivity :/

Many times it's just that RC stops communicating data. In-game my connection is fine. But on RC if I try to chat, open anything or such, nothing happens. I can open Client-RC in client and do all the things fine, but my connection on RC is broken. I have to open the serverlist and reconnect. And I have to do this constantly, like every 15 minutes or so on a bad night I have to reconnect. This is an absolute pain in the ass when you're scripting stuff.
Ditto, it's so frustrating Stefan you need to fix it.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Ex Manager of Era
I think I know my issue and it's only happening on Graal, every time I get disconnected my ip changes to 75.126.61.42 which is based in Houston Texas. Now i guess the server is located there but i've just relised EVERY player online when I disconnect gets the same ip as 75.126.61.** but the last 2 digits change. This could be the issue every one is having with the network problems with "Admin Rights" getting removed etc is because my IP is changing to 75.126.61.42 after a certain time, Stefan you may want to check this out it's only happened ever since the DDOS attack.

Last edited by DazJenova; 03-16-2013 at 08:45 PM..