Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
RC Help

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help me with this issue, my NC is always disconnecting after a certain time which is causing me a lot of fustration when creating scripts and editting databases. Also once I load RC up it takes atleast over a minute for it to connect correctly before I can do anything.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and I have all firewalls turned off on my Vigin Media Super Hub. I have no anti virus programs running to stop the routing problem of RC connecting so unsure if anyone else suffers this issue as it's so annoying and time consuming.

Last edited by DazJenova; 03-13-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
happens to me sometimes. i'll get d/cd from nc and I have to reconnect to the server in order to save anything.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help me with this issue, my NC is always disconnecting after a certain time which is causing me a lot of fustration when creating scripts and editting databases. Also once I load RC up it takes atleast over a minute for it to connect correctly before I can do anything.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and I have all firewalls turned off on my Vigin Media Super Hub. I have no anti virus programs running to stop the routing problem of RC connecting so unsure if anyone else suffers this issue as it's so annoying and time consuming.
Did you check your internet connection? It happens alot to people with a slow internet connection.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Ex Manager of Era
My internet connection is 100mb, I don't think it's anything to do with that.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Newcastle?! I thought you were Australian for some reason.

On Zodiac, Darkus is constantly d/cing from NC and reconnecting to it. Not sure why, I'll ask him and see why his is that way.

Have you tried a fresh folder install by any chance?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Ex Manager of Era
I acually haven't tried A fresh install, I might just do that now and backup all my saved work. I think it might have something to do because my graal folder is located in the default location in my Users on my account in windows, not in olden days of c: \program files\ so it's finding it hard to access and possibly goes through a security check (Like windows 7 checks every file you open basically needing permission)

It's just something I noticed since returning to Graal and yes i'm born and bred in Newcastle
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I keep my Graal chillin in the legit olden days of c: \Graal.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I keep my Graal chillin in the legit olden days of c: \Graal.
What? I thought Graal used to be zipped into C:\unzipped\Graal?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Ex Manager of Era
My Graal was always in program files, i'm going to re install now and see if it changes anything.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
My RC is also taking some time untill I can finally use it, but I think thats because of tabs being used. else im never experiencing that kind of lag
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Ex Manager of Era
It's extremely annoying, I've moved my folder into C: so i'm going to re install now see if it fixes the problem.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Ex Manager of Era
Just re installed and nope did not work at all. Even tried RC 2.4 not 2.5 and still same issue with NC disconnecting.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Try using a VPN and see if you have the same issues.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Ex Manager of Era
I don't have one set up, does anyone know the ports for RC possibly could port forward it to see if there's any connection issue?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
I don't have one set up, does anyone know the ports for RC possibly could port forward it to see if there's any connection issue?
Port forwarding won't do anything because it's an outbound connection. The ports RC and NC uses are also different per server. I'm pretty sure this is related to NC disconnecting/reconnecting because the RC doesn't 'ping' or receive data to keep the NC connection alive.

With your RC connected, open a command prompt and do: netstat -a -b

You'll eventually see RemoteControl2.exe listed and it will show the port it's using. The bigger port number is typically the NC.

It's possible your ISP/modem/router is interfering and closing the connection as it appears inactive which in turn causes your NC to disconnect, a VPN could alleviate this issue.