Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What should the name of the testing server be?
Testbed Server 18 47.37%
The Lab 16 42.11%
Other (Please post below) 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'd like access to it, could someone add me access please?

*.*.*.* would be nice
Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
You have had access there for a few months already

Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
You have had access there for a few months already
"Your IP is not listed in IP ranges"
Old 08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I believe an overworld such as the offline one on older versions would benefit every developer and anyone interested in learning to develop. I suggest that a part of the world be developed for people interested in scripting and possibly even adding some weapons for people to play with whilst someone could contribute to an elite weather system using particles such as a tornado! Then again, I guess people would believe it's a server under construction, however; I'd use this space to show the best of the best with an educated team providing the world with levels, scripts, graphics & sound showing the full potential off the tools available on the client. People would be inspired and servers will be developed with staff team ambitious to create good quality material this would also get people from different backgrounds all together showing people their content they've contributed. Yeah, too bad this won't be considered lol
Old 08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
... , Chompy who doesn't even have an active subscription and not planning on getting one for unknown amount of time, ...
You don't know anything about my subscription plan, and by the way, by having a classic subscription, my subscription plan shouldn't have anything to do with that case.

I come online from time to time, and I often get contacted by forum PMs or on MSN by people who wants RC access on testbed.

I've choosen not to be on RC on testbed to idle, (a lot of people are doing this) since I recieve PMs which I will then recieve after they have logged off probably and/or I don't get the chance to read them at all perhaps.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
I come online from time to time, and I often get contacted by forum PMs or on MSN by people who wants RC access on testbed.
The point is though that far from the majority of players interested in learning how to develop uses the forums, or know who to contact about things.

Quote:
I've choosen not to be on RC on testbed to idle, (a lot of people are doing this) since I recieve PMs which I will then recieve after they have logged off probably and/or I don't get the chance to read them at all perhaps.
We need additional administrators who are online frequently and able to help the majority of the time. Mallard for example would be a great addition.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-23-2009, 07:22 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
The point is though that far from the majority of players interested in learning how to develop uses the forums, or know who to contact about things.
Anyone trying to really learn how to develop should in the end, end up using the forums for questions as another source of information, but yeah, would be nice if there were more info though, about the administration and such. Many still thinks that Tig is the only 'director', but yeah, he have redirected a few people to me and I'm gladly to accept to help them

Quote:
We need additional administrators who are online frequently and able to help the majority of the time. Mallard for example would be a great addition.
More instructors would be nice indeed PS; Mallard would be a good addition to the team, but sometimes his RC is online all day for days, and it makes it hard to differ if he's there or not, but I guess he replies to PMs if he's there? (:
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
More instructors would be nice indeed PS; Mallard would be a good addition to the team, but sometimes his RC is online all day for days, and it makes it hard to differ if he's there or not, but I guess he replies to PMs if he's there? (:
I've never had a problem with drake being slow to answer PM's to his Rc.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I've never had a problem with drake being slow to answer PM's to his Rc.
Thus me putting up that question at the end (:
I've seen him chatting/discussing and such on RC while I've been on, so I guess that wouldn't of been a problem
Old 08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Why not just have a thread in the NPC Scripting forums named "GS2 Learning Server"?

It would only have to be a very short post listing who has access to add people.

What things actually depend on is if the administrators are willing to filter out all the people who aren't actually interested.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Why not just have a thread in the NPC Scripting forums named "GS2 Learning Server"?
Why not? This is why;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I purposely don't advertise the testbed server because I already have a hard enough time managing to filter out the idiots who just want an RC so they can have staff boots and summon.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I think it would work out much better if people are personally recommended, as that in itself is a filtering mechanic. If someone comes to me and asks me about scripting, I can pretty much gauge whether they are serious about learning or not very quickly based on how they treat the circumstances. This sort of thing can not be done with wide-spread advertising.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Why not? This is why;
Did you not even read past that first sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I think it would work out much better if people are personally recommended, as that in itself is a filtering mechanic.
Yes, it would work out better (in the sense of having less false positives), but is that sufficient? Is it really okay to replace the method of "anyone who can download a file can learn to code" to a "you need to spend 1 hour talking to me so I can give you a recommendation that might not even go through"?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
I did, I have a short attention span tonight though

Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:

Yes, it would work out better (in the sense of having less false positives), but is that sufficient? Is it really okay to replace the method of "anyone who can download a file can learn to code" to a "you need to spend 1 hour talking to me so I can give you a recommendation that might not even go through"?
You don't even need to sit for an hour to tell if someone is serious in learning how to script or not. I can usually tell in one or two threads made by the same person if they're interested in learning or just having things made for them/using them. And even so, it's would not be an interview of sorts, just a manner of advertising. If I'm talking to someone who I feel really wants to learn scripting, I can point them to the Testbed. If I'm talking to someone who gives me the feeling they just want others to make stuff for them... I just won't mention it. If they find out through alternative methods, I doubt Tig is going to just deny them, as I don't think he does any sort of pre-filtering. If anyone is denied access to Testbed, I think it's those who don't want to learn scripting, and those who have used and abused their access before.

Tags
testbed server