Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should we force battle mode for one week to see how it goes?
Yes, force battle mode. 20 48.78%
No, remain the same. 21 51.22%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Re-read my post then.
That wouldn't help bring in new players into bmode. If anything it would scare people into going pmode just to enjoy the social aspect of graal. What I'm interested in is getting more people interested in pvp so we can push for more pvp oriented events, rewards and more action filled gameplay.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
If B-mode becomes forced-- I'd suggest either a 3 second "invincibility" whenever someone leaves a building. Some might argue it ruins the fun of "traps", which is true!

But this may just be unfair advantage to the newer little ones who join the game. Never having the chance to level in peace without the fear of a pk-hungry player in constant pursuit.

Stephen mentioned the idea of "Saturday's only". Which is an interesting thought. Maybe leaving B-Mode as optional, but having "Double Exp Saturdays" or something which may raise the incentive for those to dip into B-mode.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
The Nuke
Nuke_for_you will become famous soon enough
There has to be some changes to pvp, currently everyone's speed is over 5 and poisons are useless. The only people who would be getting kills are people who setup directors+walls. Also currently the only people not bmode enabled are the people who cant pvp anyway
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I wan't a b-mode/p-mode bell in bomboria.. so when I run out of gold I don't have to run back to my kingdom.. or when I am trial to stay b-mode.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Trade being a PK-zone had nothing to do with GKs success (see the years after trade was made no-pk - that was also considered GK's prime)

Bomboria trade is a place to TRADE items and socialize. I'm all for promoting PVP, but shoving it down the throats of the entire playerbase is not the way to do it.
Dude, in GK's prime, the max level was like 40's-60's.. no one had ever hit 107.. Now people do alot more damage and have more power...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I wan't a b-mode/p-mode bell in bomboria.. so when I run out of gold I don't have to run back to my kingdom.. or when I am trial to stay b-mode.. lol

As far as I know trials are automatically thrown back into pmode. I would like to see a bmode bell in bomb as well though. Having to travel to the kingdom and back kind of sucks.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
As far as I know trials are automatically thrown back into pmode. I would like to see a bmode bell in bomb as well though. Having to travel to the kingdom and back kind of sucks.
Yeah, us lazy fart's don't like walking that far.. lol even with 6+ speed it still sucks.. thats why I said I wish I could b b-mode in trial mode..
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Yeah, us lazy fart's don't like walking that far.. lol even with 6+ speed it still sucks.. thats why I said I wish I could b b-mode in trial mode..
Seriously through the dungeons you need less then 1 minute to travel to ur kingdom....a bell in bomb wont make it better. it would just start the era of pro laming the bell

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Seriously through the dungeons you need less then 1 minute to travel to ur kingdom....a bell in bomb wont make it better. it would just start the era of pro laming the bell
To the kingdom yeah it only takes a few minutes.. coming back however takes a lot longer. You have to go through two different dungeons just to find you way back to the main one. While doing that you are hoping the whole time you don't get lost. It is simply a huge hassle trying to make your way back to main. The ferry... They are horrible you are usually looking at about 10 minutes just for the ferry to get back to your island. You may or may not get lucky and find an unstick boat. It's is simply a hassle and a waste of time.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Banned
Quote:
To the kingdom yeah it only takes a few minutes.. coming back however takes a lot longer. You have to go through two different dungeons just to find you way back to the main one. While doing that you are hoping the whole time you don't get lost. It is simply a huge hassle trying to make your way back to main. The ferry... They are horrible you are usually looking at about 10 minutes just for the ferry to get back to your island. You may or may not get lucky and find an unstick boat. It's is simply a hassle and a waste of time.
That's the worse part.. I can see what nico means with the bell in bomboria... plus, people would run and hit it to avoid pk.. but better that then to press the escape key and close graal like some of us did 10 years ago.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
That's the worse part.. I can see what nico means with the bell in bomboria... plus, people would run and hit it to avoid pk.. but better that then to press the escape key and close graal like some of us did 10 years ago.
Box did that just recently ROFL

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
This may be true but you can't prevent the escape key use.. However you can add a time limit to using the bell. It can be set so that players can only use it lets say once every 3 hours or something. This will prevent the avoiding pk for at least those three hours.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
Quote:
Why not simply change the frequency of ferries? I'm asking this myself for over 10 years now. At least it would make it easier to come back to main island. Like let them drive every 3 minutes. Or is it too hard to script?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
This may be true but you can't prevent the escape key use..
You can do what Era does and keep a clone of the player there which can still be hurt and killed when a player logs off in a PK zone. It works, but it's not very elegant of a solution, especially for a server like GK where it's less of a problem.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXKajalXx View Post
Why not simply change the frequency of ferries? I'm asking this myself for over 10 years now. At least it would make it easier to come back to main island. Like let them drive every 3 minutes. Or is it too hard to script?
I would assume that it wouldn't be to hard to change. I don't know though that is a question for Tig. Regardless, I still think having a bell on the main island somewhere is a good idea. It doesn't have to be in bomboria it can be placed in the Castle Wars that was added. Still need to set a certain amount of time before you can use it again.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Banned
Quote:
I would assume that it wouldn't be to hard to change. I don't know though that is a question for Tig. Regardless, I still think having a bell on the main island somewhere is a good idea. It doesn't have to be in bomboria it can be placed in the Castle Wars that was added. Still need to set a certain amount of time before you can use it again.
Every 3 hours seems reasonable actually.. it's not to long that an accidental hit would be the end of the world, yet it's enough if you change your mind you wont have to make a long journey.

What about having 2 ferries to each island? offset so they take half the time? As of right now, it takes 10 or 15 minutes for the ferry.. plus travel time back.. s if you just missed the ferry, isn't that 10-15 minutes plus another 10-15 min? plus another 10-15 min in travel time? 30-45 minutes just to get back from changign to bmode.. and the same if going to ring bell to become bmode.. so your talking a maximum wait time using ferries of 60-90 minutes plus travel time to bell location and where ever you were on main island.. that time can add up for such a simple task. I could be wrong on the wait times, because seriously I don't use ferries.. I ruuuuuuuuun, im fast... lol