Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should we force battle mode for one week to see how it goes?
Yes, force battle mode. 20 48.78%
No, remain the same. 21 51.22%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM
biggiant is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Force everybody BMode with a phys lvl 60+, that players are usually fast enough to run in safe places.
I think you are forgetting mages.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quick question, would players be able to go out of bmode? And if not would this effect exp gained when leveling? As of right now bmode gains extra exp then peaceful mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This would probably discourage new players from joining a kingdom, not that we have some burgeoning group of new players desperately trying to join kingdoms as it is... I still don't want to discourage it.

It seems that those who are for the idea would also like to see some mechanism to prevent laming. Presuming laming could be prevented I think a system that favoured b-mode would be a step in the right direction.
I see your point. I wasn't meaning to be discouraging to trials to join a kingdom, didnt think that thru.

But yes, preventing lamming would be essential to keeping players on. They scare easily. As this thread stated, a 2 week trial period is not perminent. What's the worse that could happen 2 weeks later it goes back to normal and written as a failed attempt.. AT WORST.. the only way to see what happens is to try it and learn from the failure or success of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Force everybody BMode with a phys lvl 60+, that players are usually fast enough to run in safe places.
I was running at 6.5 speed since I was about level 30 phy, level for phy has nothing to do with speed/dex of a player..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Why would you discourage new players from joining a kingdom?

I would like to see some sort of incentive to engage in pvp as well (other than the kill/death display in your profile)
I wasn't intentionally discouraging them. I didn't think that one thru. I was only saying it that way since currently you have to be in a kingdom to become bmode. I remember being stuck in bmode because I was kingdomless a long time ago and could not ring the bell.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 AM
toyotasupra will become famous soon enough
Force everyone into battle mode so people can lame the weak... and then reward them.... hmmm.........
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotasupra View Post
Force everyone into battle mode so people can lame the weak... and then reward them.... hmmm.........
Not sure where you get that idea from...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It seems that those who are for the idea would also like to see some mechanism to prevent laming. Presuming laming could be prevented I think a system that favoured b-mode would be a step in the right direction.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Would bomboria trade still be anti-pk tho? lol
Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Would bomboria trade still be anti-pk tho? lol
Yes
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
ah damn missed the poll by a few hours damn work...but bmode for all would be fun... I'd actually like to see trade back to PK as well, idling does nothing for the server forced bmode and trade PK would get rid of the idling in there
Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Cast spells indoors again too! yay. -.-
Old 11-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
ah damn missed the poll by a few hours damn work...but bmode for all would be fun... I'd actually like to see trade back to PK as well, idling does nothing for the server forced bmode and trade PK would get rid of the idling in there
In the long run it would just end up being annoying. The biggest player hub needs to be a safe zone.

A spar arena (indoor) in bomboria would be neat though.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned
If the trade is anti-pk then 95% of players will not be affected if they are forced bmode.. im already bmode.. -_- and I have no problems.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
If the trade is anti-pk then 95% of players will not be affected if they are forced bmode.. im already bmode.. -_- and I have no problems.
Forced bmode on its own isn't going to do much. However, in the future if you incentivize players to travel and actually play the game outside on the overworld you'll see its impact.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Make trade pk and introduce a spar that people can idle in in the middle of bomboria
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Maloria Manager
Quote:
In the long run it would just end up being annoying. The biggest player hub needs to be a safe zone.

A spar arena (indoor) in bomboria would be neat though.
Not really, keep MMT as a no PK-Zone...Trade was PK during GK's prime and it didn't really have all that many problems besides cauldron bombs and the old magic system. Given if everyone is made bmode I could see the problem, but trade being PK would only work if bmode was still optional.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Not really, keep MMT as a no PK-Zone...Trade was PK during GK's prime and it didn't really have all that many problems besides cauldron bombs and the old magic system. Given if everyone is made bmode I could see the problem, but trade being PK would only work if bmode was still optional.
Trade being a PK-zone had nothing to do with GKs success (see the years after trade was made no-pk - that was also considered GK's prime)

Bomboria trade is a place to TRADE items and socialize. I'm all for promoting PVP, but shoving it down the throats of the entire playerbase is not the way to do it.
Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Maloria Manager
Quote:
Trade being a PK-zone had nothing to do with GKs success (see the years after trade was made no-pk - that was also considered GK's prime)

Bomboria trade is a place to TRADE items and socialize. I'm all for promoting PVP, but shoving it down the throats of the entire playerbase is not the way to do it.
Re-read my post then.