Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarid0 View Post
Am I the only one that isn't a huge fan of this? Don't get me wrong, I love low-bit style art, but this looks uglier than the normal tileset to me...
Nope, I find it painful too. Amusing, though.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Using restrictive palettes like a NES one requires careful attention to color usage and such to end up with anything that looks even half decent.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
If pixeled correctly and used right it would look cool...but downsampling the tileset to that, isnt a good solution

Old 04-02-2010, 05:47 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Using restrictive palettes like a NES one requires careful attention to color usage and such to end up with anything that looks even half decent.
Exactly, and I saw nothing on that before my post. Like Dusty said, restrictive coloring needs careful work, and like Elk just said if it's done right it can look good.

Simply telling a program to reduce the color count and resolution, then putting the result into a certain color pallete doesn't turn out with something I would use in graal.

Everything would need to be redrawn for it to look good. Check out the GBA graal pic that got posted, everything looks like it was supposed to be low resolution.