Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Partial resignation

As of monday, August 29th, I'll be stepping down as ETA to assistant. This is on a trial basis to determine whether or not GeorgeC is capable of heading the team (in my opinion, he is, but protocol is nice too)

If he proves he can do it, this will become a permanent transition. I do this for multiple reasons, but the big ones are that college starts monday for me, and last year Graal wrecked my grades pretty badly (or at least made a nice scapegoat for it)

Furthermore, I will still be heading the event development team from era dev, still have support center to help you guys, and will still be able to handle player/event related issues.

Basically, I'm letting george step up so i can host less and help more in other ways, and of course, i'll be tagging along with Zach to solve housing problems

Thank you all for a wonderful time, i'll still be seeing you around~

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Good luck to *GeorgeC and I am sad to see you go. Good job anyway while you held the ETA position.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Maybe you should wait until you fully resign.
This really seems pointless.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
fayul

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Is that even possible?

"Yeah I resign, but I'm keeping the job."
Old 08-28-2011, 10:44 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Rather than announcing a new ETA and congratulating him appropriately he decided to make this thread about himself and stepping down.

The glass is half-empty in this thread.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Rather than announcing a new ETA and congratulating him appropriately he decided to make this thread about himself and stepping down.

The glass is half-empty in this thread.
I'll give him his rightful round of congrats when he's earned a permanent spot as ETA, kk? thanks.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Is that even possible?

"Yeah I resign, but I'm keeping the job."
It's his way of saying, "I'm going to keep my level two RC, but not be required to do so much with events." Keep in mind (maybe it changed), he's still housing admin, so even if he quit being ETA, he'd still be housing admin.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
I'll give him his rightful round of congrats when he's earned a permanent spot as ETA, kk? thanks.
Just like yours was permanent?
olol, and last I checked, you started as aETA.. and bypassed Name because he sucked.
George has hosted every single major event since he's been promoted, despite the folly in his "hosting whenever I feel like tournaments" he's done WAY MORE than you in the past month to earn the position fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
It's his way of saying, "I'm going to keep my level two RC, but not be required to do so much with events." Keep in mind (maybe it changed), he's still housing admin, so even if he quit being ETA, he'd still be housing admin.
Aka: most useless admin position, that happens to require two players..? *friend card*

Just like they need 2 GBAs.. or 2 PSAs
These positions didn't even exist before, or require one player... but TWO? Are you honestly serious?

There's a PRA that does virtually nothing.
Two PSA's - Zeus runs the dev stuff, other than that they do nothing.
Two GBA's - This position in general hasn't done anything in months, last I checked they decided to remove it?
Co-Manager - All he does is fly around in a helicopter and :join nuke on unstick me.
Two Housing Admins - Takes less than 3 minutes for someone to check the RARE house update levels and upload them.
Two Asst. ETA - Just why? You don't even need one except for the whole 'pass down to the next guy' clause.

There's more Admins than there are PRs...
*gripes*

Development is virtually stalled, yet they can hire endless high non-dev admins and spend all their time trying to find reasons to ban Wil.

+Rep Era.

Last edited by Supaman771; 08-29-2011 at 12:08 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Still wasting time here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
random *****ing
No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Being ETA isn't just about hosting. Yes, george hosts more often than i do.

He doesn't deal with the support center, doesn't worry about fixing events, doesn't have to deal with all the players that come crying from events (among which you include yourself as often as possible), doesnt check times/activity levels of current ETs, doesn't (unless requested) worry about new people to pick, and so on.

That's what he'll be learning.

I think 2 housing admins isn't particularly required, I'll agree with you on that. I've requested (and got zach's approval for) just taking the position since he's GBA now.

Please quit graal, if all you're going to do is hate everyone and everything in it. You know i love you rogue, but this is ridiculous

and, if i may, Wil was banned for legitimate reasons, so don't imply that he's banned because everyone dislikes him

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. Being ETA isn't just about hosting. Yes, george hosts more often than i do.

He doesn't deal with the support center, doesn't worry about fixing events, doesn't have to deal with all the players that come crying from events (among which you include yourself as often as possible), doesnt check times/activity levels of current ETs, doesn't (unless requested) worry about new people to pick, and so on.

That's what he'll be learning.

I think 2 housing admins isn't particularly required, I'll agree with you on that. I've requested (and got zach's approval for) just taking the position since he's GBA now.

Please quit graal, if all you're going to do is hate everyone and everything in it. You know i love you rogue, but this is ridiculous

and, if i may, Wil was banned for legitimate reasons, so don't imply that he's banned because everyone dislikes him
Event's have been the same for years, I don't see anything that needs to be FIXED as far as IMPROVE; that's a personal option...

It's not that hard to look at a few numbers of online time, or to choose people. Last I saw he was massing the applications and choosing the new people (probably because that's training? but still it's not horribly difficult to do).

I complain to George more often than you, because you're never online.

Good @ 1 housing 1 GBA.

If I hated it I wouldn't care about any of this now would I? I want the best for Era/Graal, but sometimes (all the time considering the audience) you have to complain/gripe to get anything accomplished.

I'm not going to go into great detail (could hit it for hours on this topic), but instead throw an example at this last part:
It is an utter double-standard. William was permaed at first notice without trial or anything, and reset despite that not being part of the 'norm' for account sharing. The player who completed this action was then promoted halfway up the staff roster.

Earlier today, using Era's definition of the crime, as well as Alfonso's personal policy of 'Automatic life (10 year) ban' I presented him multiple players who fit that definition that are currently ONLINE. He, instead of taking a similar action to the pre-described case, reamed me with unrelated information. Then logged off without responding.

Dunno how you could possibly call bull**** better than getting it from the Manager himself.

Then again, this will probably be turned into a 'ban' discussion somehow and be deleted so why did I type it?
Seacrest out ~
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Rogue's hit on about 90% of my problems with this server now.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
Rogue's hit on about 90% of my problems with this server now.
What's the other 10%?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Jade idles too much

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Still wasting time here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
Jade idles too much
She's the most wonderful person to talk to on the whole server~ She's rogue's counterbalance

Wil was banned multiple times before for various other things, no? So a heavier ban this time makes sense in my opinion.
I could be wrong, i don't know everything about everyone. just pretend to.

Quote:
Quote: