Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Change or Keep Gun Stats (v2)
Change (I want old stats! Faster Pking greater differences in gun) 18 47.37%
Keep (I prefer slow Pking, and barely any difference in weapons) 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Gun Admin and total revamps:

Okay, before you guys get your panties in a bind, I have a few key points to, well, point out. First off, Wil, and you may argue this point for all I care, you didn't ask the players, who support this game, reason why its still up, reason why stefan is still making money, and you don't give us a say in your major decision of revamping. Now, after this surprise change, and we didn't know what you completely meant first time you said all guns will change, until afterwards when every single gun was nerfed. Afterwards multiple players got on your case about how this was a bad idea, and I myself made a poll which almost tied, deciding wether to keep new stats or change.

Now its been about 2 months (?) since the new stats and some of us are realizing how dull the guns are, nearly every gun is the same, especially in tier 2, where 60% of the guns are. Whats worse is that a 40k gun can match a 200k gun, when said player with the 200k gun worked their ass off 4 times more then the player who owns a 40k gun, no fairness intended, apparently.

Now to you, Wil Soul, apparent master of Era, Gun professional, etc, etc. Multiple "high ranking" players amongst your friend circle to keep you backup. You, you somehow become Guns Admin, you work hard to do what you see fit, which is what not everyone else wants, you implemented it, and now many of era are pissed at how slow the pking has become. Then you quit with no legit explanation. Now I know I've ranted about this change, but i'm also speaking from other stand points so don't go on me, I'm just speaking for the people. Many of you players who are on forums a lot own a lot of guns, a lot of money, and you don't care, but for those grinding it day in day out and finally make 100k, they realize that the 40k gun is the same damn thing as the 100k gun.

This all being said, and I can keep going, maybe when regarding your questions or comments, the re-revamp needs to happen, I can care less how much work it would take to fix this problem, you'd get happy players, a larger amount of unique guns, and when making new guns, your not restricted to 3 tiers. Pardon any grammatical errors, this just needs to be heard.

Forgot to mention, we have no gun admin, era staff: stop slacking, start hiring.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
i 2nd this
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I like how you made the options non-biased
Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I love you to.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
The only ones i know who complained about the gun change were TK, Take, and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
/high5

But yeah, stats are here to stay. There's no reason why stats should keep getting changed again and again just because one player thinks his gun needs a buff, only for another player to complain that it's too overpowered. These stats are final. Well, as long as this management stays up.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Banned
PerfectDark is on a distinguished road
I see you have really good points (and I support this), but the Era Adminastration team isn't going to go for this because it involves actual work which might not have this gun adjustment made
Old 08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
The only ones i know who complained about the gun change were TK, Take, and you.
On the forums? Yeah.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
do you play era?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:53 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
do you play era?
No, I think my Avatar shows that I play zodiac.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
No, I think my Avatar shows that I play zodiac.
well i always see u on forums but i never see you on era kinda like Fragman(if u ever played zod)
Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
You leave that there boy alone you rapist!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Wil was fired, or perhaps forced to step down, for disagreements with Gabriel (this is in his own words, im just paraphrasing what he said)

That said, I agree with WW here. It is my belief (uninformed as it may or may not be) that Wil took the guns and made them into what works best for he and his friends.

There is no perfect system, there will always be complaints about how the current guns are set up. Switching back to the old ones would not prevent this. But, in my opinion, it would make PKing a bit more fun to have the old stats back.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:34 AM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
You do realize the only people who complain about the stats are the ones who got worse after the nerf and just can't adjust. Era never had .05 freeze guns when it was extremely popular. If I do remember correctly the only gun that I can think of a while back that might have been .05 freeze was the LC SG552. Era is a skill-oriented server, a gun should NOT be able to pk for you like the old ones could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Wil was fired, or perhaps forced to step down, for disagreements with Gabriel (this is in his own words, im just paraphrasing what he said)

That said, I agree with WW here. It is my belief (uninformed as it may or may not be) that Wil took the guns and made them into what works best for he and his friends.
Why would Wil change the stats to benefit himself? He was already better than everyone else, and "his friends" were also among the top players on the server.... So how would that "benefit" us? We were better already.... That doesn't make sense.

Wil fixed the guns because it was something that needed to be done. Now that I remember even when Smu reset Era, there wasn't a single gun that had .05 freeze.... The first gun that had .05 freeze was the mp5 navy when I think Corey got one of the guns admins to buff it to that.... Then it became a trend.

Guns were NEVER meant to be the way they were before.... So this needed to happen.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Forgot to mention, we have no gun admin, era staff: stop slacking, start hiring.
Also, just so you know, they aren't going to re-hire a Guns Admin from what I've heard. Once Wil fixed the guns they were set in stone and nobody is going to touch them anymore. Therefore there's no purpose in having a Guns Admin anymore.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Stay Frosty
I Pk the exact same as i did before the nerf, just I'm tired of ending up in trying trap the player half the spar since freezing is higher, they have more running opportunity, like i said the rich people don't care, you yourself own a mp5, if not something of that caliber. All they had to do was nerf the mp5s and other guns lower then .1 freeze, instead of completely changing the entire game. I knew someone like you would disagree.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
ever since the gun nerf and the gang change there has been even less activity. no one raids, no one pks, everyone sits there massing out their items they want people to overpay for and very few people have cash because the auctions litterally suck every drop there is and make the rich even richer in theory. with nothing going on theres no noobs mining or shoveling to stimulate the economy either and people are left having to pawn guns just to create actual cash (which is what im working on doing at the moment gathering all pawnable items to add a decent bit of money circulation at a 200k loss for me in value) there wasnt anything that truly needed fixing. people could complain that .05 guns were lame and unfair but every other gun was equivalent to .1 freeze going against it. a .15 freeze going against a .1 freeze is still exactly the same its just slower. before the nerf anyone good with say an smgpk could easily beat someone with an mp5 it wasnt impossible. its just as hard now to go against the top tier guns everything is slow and just sucks now. think back to pre nerf g36k before they finally gave it a buff up to .14 freeze. it had .2 firerate and .15 freeze so even that which sold for 5k was better than all of your second tier guns now hah. litterally the lower second tier guns are just like the old xm8, even the daewoo was at .14