gz, the outside level is probably older than you irl
No, I'm 16.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
@OP:

The walls are different heights despite being on the same plane.
And I can't tell the purpose, it's all a bit random...

There's seating and books and stuff like a house, but then it has the 'black' across the center of the level with the out-of-place bed and dark plant/gun table.

It's an improvement, but gonna agree w/ Ziro about the lack of content.

It seems your problem is never having a purpose/goal/theme in your levels.. you just spat some random stuff around.

Whenever I make a level, I first know what that level has to be (is it gonna be a gun shop? gang base? house level?) then I get a theme (is it Asian/wood? futuristic? mafia?) and select an assortment of possible tiles. Based on what I want to include and the purpose of the level then comes the size/placement/designs. Finally imagery that matches the things I just listed.

Try thinking if what you're intending to create BEFORE you go throwing down tiles and making a level. It'll make the whole process easier, and hopefully the finishing product better.

Rawr o.O?
Thanks for your advise man <3
It really means a lot to me. Also I didn't even notice I had the walls different heights... I remember making the top one larger for the windows, but I guess I forgot to do the other one.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:37 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
No, I'm 16.
Point being of course it's not a great level, it's also very old.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
lol What's wrong with the outside level?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
lol What's wrong with the outside level?
Very small compared to its inside.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I can see where people are coming from in describing your level as too large; it simply doesn't appear very cozy or welcoming.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...1&d=1312129869

I really liked this level you made in your other thread however, and although I didn't reply it really stood out to me when you posted it. I don't feel as though that this level is "too big" and I actually think its a pretty good example of the direction you should be heading in. There isn't that much empty space, but it still looks clean and uncluttered. The NPCs are suitable, and have had some degree of thought put into their placement. Compare that level to what you've posted in this thread and you can probably see why people are (lol) providing criticism.