Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Post PWA Application [Part 1]

I have released it early...

Hello,
This is part 1 of the Playerworld Administration application. There shall be three parts to this application. The first released below and the second and third released later. This allows for people to have time to create their applications and get them sent in. Do not send anything in yet. You will be required to save your application and then send it in one go at a later date, to a DIFFERENT e-mail address than normal. And don't worry if you got home and this post has been here for 5hours maybe and you haven't seen it. You WILL have enough time. And this has been released a day early, to make it works. As it wasnt that fair before, it should be now.

What to do:
You need to get up to 3 supporters. These will be used to help me know that the managers wish for you to help within the team. However if you complete part 2 and 3 to a certain standard, you will not need to rely on these supports. As before manager is the best to get. But as I have said the supports will be less important this time.

Here are a few things you should know upfront:

*You must be willing and must to quit any job you have with a playerworld at this moment in time, should you get offered (you don’t have to take it) the job and take it.

*The supporters are just a decider. They actually serve no purpose at all, should people be able to write good applications that stand out from the rest.

*We are looking for two, possibly three people to join the team. Please do not be angry or get upset should you not get the job. There will be a lot of people applying, when we are only going to pull two or three out of the applicants.

*You must complete all three parts of the application and send it to the e-mail address provided (this e-mail address is not my normal one, do not send there)

*The application will be similar to the last application for the PWA. The reason for this was I got accepted through it, and I felt it was a good application that was simple if you did what was asked.

*You must have a VIP or GOLD account which is upgradeable by you when the account expires.

Here are the advanced requirements:

+You must have worked on a playerworld as an admin at one point. You can also apply if you were something such as: GP Admin, NPC Admin, FAQ Admin etc…

+You must be willing to leave all playerworld jobs you have to put your energy into this team.

+You must be able to be online for at least 7-10hours a week on your PWA duties.

+You must be contactable by at least one medium of communication such as E-mail.

+You must be able to write documents on playerworlds (reviews and reports) and help create rules for playerworlds to follow and documents to help playerworlds function.

+Work within a dead line to meet certain needs. At the end of each month the PWA will have a decision in what playerworlds are moved around, you should be able to help form an opinion with support for it, to say which playerworlds do and don’t move from the public eye.

Getting Supporters:

You are allowed to get up to 3 supporters (You can submit without supporters, however we would like to see the support of current playerworld staff). If you submit with anymore than this amount, then some will be removed for you. You may be marked down if you do not follow instructions correctly when deciding between two people.

You must get staff from playerworlds only. This means the following can not be used for staff supporters: Graal kingdoms. Change of plan, staff from classic and 2001 are ok.

Due to the small amount of staff, compared to the amount of players, each supporter must be from a different playerworld.

Each supporter must currently work on a playerworld (in the classic tab) or be the manager on a closed/hidden playerworld*, and still be working on a playerworld when they are later checked when we come to short-list the applicants.

The support can be a global staff member. You can ask a member of the GST, PWA, GGT etc... But please note supports from Stefan or Unixmad will not be counted, so don't annoy them for it. Also as I am overlooking the application I shall not support anyone. Please be reasonable when asking for the support of a global staff member. If they don't know you that well, the chances are they wont support you.

You may not include any staff from the playerworld that you currently work on, other than the Manager. This must be a full manager and not a co-manager.

*Managers on a hidden or under-construction playerworld will be worth less when it comes to deciding between two people when one person has visible/classic playerworld managers while another has hidden/under-construction playerworld manager.

Supporting:

*If you are a managerof a visible playerworld, you can support 3 times. Same for global staff too.
*If you are manager of a closed/under-construction playerworld you may support 1 time.

*If you are staff on an open/visible playerworld you can support 1 time.
*If you are staff on a hidden/under-construction playerworld you may not support

Please use your supports wisely, you have only three (or one). If you support more than this amount, you may be asked to choose three from the ones you have supported. You can however support no people at all.

Try and keep track of who you supports, its useful if you need to be contacted later about supports.

Once again I would like to remind you this is just part one of three parts to the application. Do not send in your application just yet. Remember or write down your supports for later. I shall set a date next week along with Part two which shall be the closing date. This date shall not be changed or extended, and the e-mail address will be deleted at 12PM (GMT) that day.

Last edited by Spark910; 10-02-2003 at 06:57 PM..
Old 10-02-2003, 06:49 PM
hmm
Zethar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Zethar Send a message via AIM to Zethar
Looks good Although...and this is only what I think.. people could get easy votes from friends of managers?
Old 10-02-2003, 06:55 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zethar
Looks good Although...and this is only what I think.. people could get easy votes from friends of managers?
There are naturally several other considerations - as Spark said, supports are not that important.

A side note - my supports will be very limited (I already have a couple of people in mind, should they ask), so don't get your feelings hurt when you ask me and I say "No."
Old 10-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Very well done spark
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Makes me think.
I could sign up for PWA.

But that would mean no more contributions or help to servers or friends...

Oh well.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Ex-Graal Global
=D
And just to explain my reason for releasing it early:

As I have explained there will be three parts. So I needed to give each person time to do each part and give myself time to go through the applications. Before you would have only had one weekend, now you will have two. So it works better for anyone who tries out for the PWA.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:07 PM
w3dg1tz8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
+You must have worked on a playerworld as an admin at one point. You can also apply if you were something such as: GP Admin, NPC Admin, FAQ Admin etc…
So even if it's on one of the new paid/private/under construction servers as well? Also what about is you were "Asst." something, I know it's probably a no but it'd be nice to know.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
=D
And just to explain my reason for releasing it early:

As I have explained there will be three parts. So I needed to give each person time to do each part and give myself time to go through the applications. Before you would have only had one weekend, now you will have two. So it works better for anyone who tries out for the PWA.
So it isnt due until after next weekend?
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by w3dg1tz8

So even if it's on one of the new paid/private/under construction servers as well? Also what about is you were "Asst." something, I know it's probably a no but it'd be nice to know.
Yeah UC PWs count. And if you were Asst, you can apply.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159

So it isnt due until after next weekend?
Thats correct. Everyone will have atleast two saturdays and two sundays (two weekends) to complete the application.

To clear something up:
All you are doing in part one is getting three supports. Im just splitting it up to allow you time to do all the things required.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Administrator
ok, got ya, thanks
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Well Spark, all I can say is I hope you treat the application accepting process as you would in a professional work-place. I'm sure someone here must have experance with this, if not yourself.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I shall apply for certain.
Just have to gather up a few prestigous names.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles
I'm up for it.. o.o.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
globals can support 3 times?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:16 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
That's how I read it 3 for globals.

What I'm curious about is Globals who also manage/own playerworlds. Does that mean they get 4?

I stole Spanky's gold!