Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Also, all the playerhouses I've noticed are down in Southridge(?), where no one goes. Put a few houses right smack in the middle of town, with high mortgage rates and such. And perhaps a few cheap apartments for not-so-rich.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
They need to try to revive Morano Family but place it down south where it belongs. It was doing great when it was down there, it seperated it from other gangs and fit the whole "rich mafia" theme. If I recall the family was only falling apart when it was moved to the northern beach.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Baszle is on a distinguished road
Crono, why did you have to sacrifice me to satan?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
How about make something like wealth coins, that players can purchase for a set amount of money, and then use to buy like special things, (that aren't tradeable?) like special varations of guns that dont have stat bonuses but look cool. like a golden handgun or something? to show off a players money basically.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
higher levels.
ROTFL!!

But yes, taxing incomes from businesses and making businesses get taxed and all would be a very good idea.
Another way to solve this is to get a reset because I heard one of the former GPs (who was fired for doing this) gave out a bunch of money/items to people.
Or rollback about a year. :P
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and of course, giving every item an ID would help a lot. Logging ANY creation of items. So in case some GP wants to **** up the economy, you can track the items down and delete them. All this stuff is very basic for keeping track of a gaming economy, and should have been done from the beginning.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Oh, and of course, giving every item an ID would help a lot. Logging ANY creation of items. So in case some GP wants to **** up the economy, you can track the items down and delete them. All this stuff is very basic for keeping track of a gaming economy, and should have been done from the beginning.
it's not as easy as you think. I just tried to give you an example but it just gets way to confusing. basically, items and money are handed through so many people's hands, and I can say this from experience. I've had to reverse over 4 trades before over a simple scam because as soon as the person scammed they went and sold / gave the items to a friend, who then sold / gave it out, who then sold / gave it out, etc. and that was when I was lucky, it can get A LOT more complicated than that, trust me.

it's extremely hard to monitor these things. especially if a staff spawns a large amount of money and trades it to numerous people (like ace did) how are we supposed to reverse all of that?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
it's not as easy as you think. I just tried to give you an example but it just gets way to confusing. basically, items and money are handed through so many people's hands, and I can say this from experience. I've had to reverse over 4 trades before over a simple scam because as soon as the person scammed they went and sold / gave the items to a friend, who then sold / gave it out, who then sold / gave it out, etc. and that was when I was lucky, it can get A LOT more complicated than that, trust me.

it's extremely hard to monitor these things. especially if a staff spawns a large amount of money and trades it to numerous people (like ace did) how are we supposed to reverse all of that?
Never said it'd be easy, but it's necessary. With the SQLite databases coming out, perhaps you could move your item system over to that database, and that way you'd know who had what item with what ID at all times.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
For staff doing it, you catch it before it's gets handed off to so many people. I'm not sure what scams Era has (is it just unfair trading?), but there's always a way to log things in real-time. Depending on what scams are going on, there are always ways to help prevent it; whether they be scripted or just a guide given to players to teach them how to spot a scam.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
If items are given unique IDs, I have no idea why it would be hard to track it down.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If items are given unique IDs, I have no idea why it would be hard to track it down.
Well it wouldnt be hard to find.
Just hard to fix it...

Like if someone spawned a Sten then traded it for 500k to someone would you just take the sten and say f*** his 500k?

what if the guy who sold him the sten spent the 500k and it just could go on and on z.z
Old 08-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:

Don't you have rc or staff tool logs?You can see who made it, and who they gave it to.
Then just confiscate it, or at least the money they made from selling it. Threaten to man them unless they tell you who they sold it to (if you don't have a log for that too), and delete it.

I honestly think if there were more things to buy, guns had more pros and cons (there aren't one or two that were the best), and you'd take a percentage out of the account on atm withdraws (not out of the amount they're withdrawing), you'd be making steps towards a better economy.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Don't you have rc or staff tool logs?You can see who made it, and who they gave it to.
Then just confiscate it, or at least the money they made from selling it. Threaten to man them unless they tell you who they sold it to (if you don't have a log for that too), and delete it.
It's all logged.
Even things like attempting to modifying a soda machine, so that it gives you some other item instead of soda is logged and alerts RC.
But we can't check the logs until we know what we're looking for, so we need to atleast suspect somebody of spawning things before we can go through and see what they spawned and who they gave it to.

And then it's not as easy as just deleting it.

Scenario:
Person A gets a gun from their staff buddy.
We don't find out for a week, and when we do find out Person A has sold the gun to Person B for 50k.
Now we need to take the 50k from Person A and give it back to Person B so that Person B isn't inconvenienced at all for something that isn't their fault.
But if Person A doesn't have the 50k anymore and spent it on something then we need to find out what they bought and reverse that as well before we can restore things to the way they should be.

And occassionally things are made much harder when USD or cross-server trading is involved, because we can't reverse those.

But staff members spawning things and giving them to players isn't very common at all, and thankfully up until this point nobody has done it on a large enough scale to cause severe economic problems.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:43 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:

I honestly think if there were more things to buy, guns had more pros and cons (there aren't one or two that were the best), and you'd take a percentage out of the account on atm withdraws (not out of the amount they're withdrawing), you'd be making steps towards a better economy.
but when you're taking items/money away from people that had no idea the items/money was non legit, it's not fair.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
Well it wouldnt be hard to find.
Just hard to fix it...

Like if someone spawned a Sten then traded it for 500k to someone would you just take the sten and say f*** his 500k?

what if the guy who sold him the sten spent the 500k and it just could go on and on z.z
Usually, you would say tough luck... but people tend to like staff who are generous. So you simply undo the trade until you get back to where it was generated. This shouldn't be a long process if staff catch this stuff fast, like they should.

The reason Era is so screwed up economically right now is because staff ignored it for so long.