Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
DarknessShadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarknessShadow Send a message via MSN to DarknessShadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
hotkeys plz
Does anyone remember demisis's(I think it was) idea for a hotkey system,It seemed like a great idea,freeze between switching guns.
Also pk really needs to be balanced,the slow down when hurt feature seems like a great idea to stop people running in raids.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.
That's right, why do you think I still like to play Zelda 1?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

Just doing that won't really achieve anything. The idea isn't to make it easier to find weapons that you commonly use. The idea is to encourage the use of weapons that you don't commonly use and/or are a pain in the ass to try and use in the middle of a fight (namely grenades and explosives).

Pking has been the same for a long time.
1. Buy the most expensive gun you can.
2. Use that one gun 24/7 and hold D.
3. Try to buy a more expensive gun.

It'd be nice to shake it up a bit and try to make it more like other shooting games, where reloading takes more than just the time it takes you to tap the 'a' key. So that it's not possible to shoot an almost endless wall of bullets with almost any gun, and having more than 1 gun and switching mid-fight becomes viable, if not necessary to increasing your chance of surviving.
So that it'll be possible to rush somebody if you catch them reloading in the middle of a raid.
Or throwing a grenade around a table one way and then running around the other way to shoot your enemy, instead of just running around the table in circles forever and then giving up.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I want quick equip hotkeys

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
nuclear bombs
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
nuclear bombs
we have those
Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
As far as hot keys go, I don't think being able to switch between any item with the press of a button is such a good idea. I definitely don't want players to be able to bind every key on their keyboard to a different item.

I'd prefer a more purposeful approach, such as having primary and secondary weapons. Of course, with this system, there would have to be something to balance it (like longer reload times). Players would be able to designate a primary and secondary weapon in their inventory and then switch between them whenever they are running low on ammo or are in a situation where one gun would be more useful than the other.

You would also be able to set a grenade/explosive in your inventory which could be thrown by pressing the "G" key.

We wouldn't have a limitless hot key system, but instead you would be able to easily switch between grenades (G), two guns (D; + some other key to switch), and melee (S)...a bit more organized.

e: I know this idea has been floating around for quite a while, just stating that I believe it would be our best bet for a "hot key" system

Last edited by salesman; 12-17-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?
Reading that I wonder the same thing.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Constant thinker
GarethOmni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GarethOmni
Something I would love to see is an option to add all ammo, or at least an option to add a certain# of ammo.
Instead of hitting D, you would hit F and be prompted to add all of the ammo type. It sure would beat mashing D like crazy to add like 60 boxes and at the same time be able to add a certain amount if you didnt want to add all of it. It would be smart to include in the prompt that you might hit your ammo limit if you add a large amount of boxes. IE: 100 boxes = 10k ammo, ammo cap will eat you alive.

Another cool idea would be to add a gui that shows how many kinds of each flowers you have in your inventory when you have the boomerang or flower basket equipped.
Like this:
Red Asters: 3
Sunflowers: 4
Yellow Mums: 5

That would make flower picking a bit easier, but it's not as useful as the add all ammo idea.

"The internet is awesome, It lets me joke about and do things that I would never really do in reality"
Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
We've managed to get Sage back on the team, so Luke and Sage are working together on the tileset, which is progressing very nicely. We might be able to post some screenshots soon, though I can't guarantee anything.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned
LoStSuRfEr1 is on a distinguished road
I would really like to see a players weapons be disabled after certain lag like say 250-300....
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
To be honest, that idea isn't feasible nor worth it. Lag has been around, and will be around. I don't like it (when its forced-lag) but players who can't help it shouldn't be penalized. Era has a lower playercount already, that would just drop it further. In otherwords, that idea is silly.

Expecially to rely on ms count, its changes so quickly and sometimes becomes very inconsistant.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Dr. Almost Evil
swift is an unknown quantity at this point
Make P4s attachable to your body again.
Chris Vimes (Wed Dec 02 22:16:19 2009): id stab you if
i met you irl