Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
[*]Players who don't have forum accounts can leave you messages like an answering machine
if you really need to talk to somebody that bad you should hgave an outside source and dont argue the admin point because all of the stupid admins have their graal emails
Old 03-30-2013, 02:57 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
if you really need to talk to somebody that bad you should hgave an outside source and dont argue the admin point because all of the stupid admins have their graal emails
Would be cool. But no one ever uses AIM, MSN, or Skype anymore. I have a buddy list over 200 people and maybe 20 have logged on within the last 2-3 years. (example: Rice2K, he never uses aim and I havent seen him in a few months).. And it's not just talking.. me an experience 10 year veteran to gk cant even tell who's idle or not imagine the fragile minds of the delicate noobs.. Yikes!!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
i ****ing hate how long we've played graal bro

the only reason i dont completely regret it is because of two particular people i've met because of it. life long companions
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
i ****ing hate how long we've played graal bro

the only reason i dont completely regret it is because of two particular people i've met because of it. life long companions
I don't. I met a player nammed Nox King.. he kinda started teaching me a little about hacking. Then because of that stuff I grew intrest and met a man nammed Trooper (R.I.P.).. he tought me to make my own trainers in delphi (first programming language i learned) without using TMK.. and from there it just kinda grew my skills.. I learned to program other languages, I learned to script.. It may have been a gray/shaddy past for me but I am proud it got me where I am today where I can be a productive member of the community and lend a helping hand. Everything I have learned will stay with me ya know.

And with that being said, I think I am GK for life. Always loyal.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I don't. I met a player nammed Nox King.. he kinda started teaching me a little about hacking. Then because of that stuff I grew intrest and met a man nammed Trooper (R.I.P.).. he tought me to make my own trainers in delphi (first programming language i learned) without using TMK.. and from there it just kinda grew my skills.. I learned to program other languages, I learned to script.. It may have been a gray/shaddy past for me but I am proud it got me where I am today where I can be a productive member of the community and lend a helping hand. Everything I have learned will stay with me ya know.

I feel the exact same as you Scriptless. If the Graal hacker (Won't say any names) I knew wouldn't have helped me on how to code websites and server information using the tools he told me (Won't mention anything about hacking Graal, since I've never done it.) I probably wouldn't be in the job I am today. I knew nothing, but as soon as he started talking code speak, I knew I had to do something to learn this strange new world and it made me super interested. I now code for a company that sells computer parts and if it wasn't for that one person, I probably would have never learned how to code and the capabilities of it.

On a side note, I still have no clue how to code GS1, 2 or probably even 3 when it releases. Just to many problems with it. xD

Last edited by Spiker; 04-29-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Shacox is on a distinguished road
Hiring System

Definitely we need to change the hiring system. Most servers hire players based in intelligence not only in hours. Nico told me that i need at least 500 hours? but why if i can only afk and be an idiot or an unactive staff.

We are not going to improve this server if we keep hiring unactive staff...

Also its really sad that faq admins already have a waiting list, if a faq quits automatically a person takes that place, i cant really believe that.

Please people lets change this!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:

Same with me for graphics

Old 10-12-2013, 02:09 AM
FAQ
Slade0Hiro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Slade0Hiro
My opinion

Well just found the Graal kingdoms page on Facebook and it reminded me of this, future development, I read earlier having old players come back but new players would make the server more filled and the server being empty is what made people leave in the first place I believe.

Because with the few players that did play, kingdoms were empty, empty kingdoms have less motivation to hold kingdom events so the kingdoms became just a place to have a house to hold your items.

So to improve the server you need to have the new not the old come back.

Shops
Shops should be redone to be more static as opposed to how they are now, the randomization means traveling to them all in hopes to find something you want.
There should be a clear distinction so you can see what you want, and work towards getting the item instead of hoping you’re lucky enough to see the item and chances are someone else who already had it buys it and sells it for more.

Such as one of the shops that sells amulets, if there was a constant amulet of sustenance there people could see the price and work towards getting the money to buy it instead of new players not even knowing it exists.

Money

Money is worthless; when I was playing diamonds were the currency because you didn't really need money for anything unless you were going to AFK in shops for the re-spawn of items and hope something popped up.

There needs to be more diversity in what you can pay for worth money to make it worth something, and take away the weight, the weight is what kills money the most as its damn heavy and why carry 10,000 plat when you can have 20 diamonds, say it's worth the same and use that instead.
  • Armor
  • weapons
  • boots
  • gloves
  • bracers
  • helmets
  • shields

These don't get sold you have to make everything, but they could be sold and add to the economy, if the statistics were sorted out for each armor to make it worth it.

You could say in alchemy<- (or a system more accessible to new players) that allow for these items to be improved. with recipes from dungeons as a reward.

Dungeons
I think more dungeons would help this, even if it was just recolours, thought that's hoping the recolours would get changed eventually.

The only real dungeons are the haunted houses and they are for low levels, though not too low a level, there needs to be more and they should be interesting, maybe a back-story to each one, with puzzles as opposed to just killing to mix it up as it stands after beating Bomy's till you can go in the haunted houses and beating the haunted house so that it isn't a challenge, there's nowhere.

At that point lords and the crypt are too strong for you when you struggle like hell that lords aren't a challenge, then you have nothing, level 90 and I can’t solo the crypt even if it let me.

You could have different areas in the dungeons that rely on 1 or more people with puzzles every few rooms to reflect this with every room.

This could lead to dungeons having more re playability and encouraging community.

Since dungeons should get harder as you go through, you should try to add an engaging storyline to each one so even if they can’t progress they want to level enough so they can and get to the end of the story so they can have closure on it.
Even better would be having people who are over leveled for the dungeon going in just for the story in it.

so you’d have so much of the story going through yourself then it would end implying that you need to go deeper into the dungeon for the rest, as I said would encourage community, this ends up making people stay as otherwise they leave their friends.

This should be tested with different leveled accounts with at least dungeons for
  • 1 - 5 <- something specific for new players to get to grips with the combat system
  • 5 - 10 <- improve the haunted houses
  • 10 - 20
  • 20 - 30
  • 30 - 40
  • 40 - 50

You would have progress to work towards and the dungeons should end with a pay-off in money, and as I mentioned above recipes for improving armor and weapons,

E.g. iron armor could be added with a boss item from a previous dungeon to make it, Iron armor of (Last bosses name) giving +2 ac.

If it was an ice dungeon with the added coldness, you get fire resist, and the next dungeon could be fire that could help you out. Adding progression.

bosses

Graal was originally inspired by Zelda so why isn't there any hard Zelda style bosses, at the end of dungeons there should be a boss that has patterns and needs some amount of strategy to beat, a conclusion to the story you went through in the dungeon.

Item statistics

Taking away EA's and IWD's is fine, but the armor that you can get already needs to show improvement, and more armor should be readily available.

3 types of armor I can remember you can get and they're all the same except maybe a +1 AC difference? Armor should scale be brought or be harder to make and be something you can work towards getting. (Having no set goal in an MMO you need to enable people to set their own)

Same with weapon, thing the broadsword you make is like 9 DMG, and that's the highest, with everything else being next to the same even daggers are like 5 DMG making it not even double, (this is if I remember the stats correct)
But there is next to no difference, and now with IWD's being rare you're going to be screwed against anyone who has a 9/9 IWD'd weapon.

So items should have a scale getting harder to make/more to buy and stronger as you progress to help you progress.

quests

As someone said before the quests need to be better, they are generally not at the MMT just annoying to do and there needs to be a better questing system, though if there were more dungeons as I'm suggesting then it isn't going to be the biggest need as people will have something to do.

Being skimpy on this one because, as they are they get you to explore and seek out all over the maps so they're not bad, just they need something more to stop them from getting stale.

kingdoms

The kingdom islands have nothing going for them, build your house store your items and **** off...

Stefan I believe didn't want too much there to detract from main I feel it was a bad choice on his part as they are boring and no one cares about them, they need themed monsters it they could hold dungeons, mines for specific materials, something to get people wanting to travel and diverse to more the bomb trade.

Zeppelins can be built on them to help you travel, but any form of weight makes them useless, so the weight should be removed and you have a form of transport never being used, being used and amazing new players, with each zeppelin looking different like ship sails.

Reset

IT IS NOT NEEDED!

Having the people who are already strong gives people a challenge to work up to, you what's needed is to make it plausible for them to get there, back in the day there were more people the grind wasn't so bad, it is now.

A reset as it is, will eventually lead to the same situation AT BEST. More likely the older players still playing will be pissed and leave and no-one would play. So you need to stop thinking of it as the magical quick fix that will solve everything as it won’t it would very likely be the death of kingdoms.

classes

There is no difference, there should be some structure to how they work there is the old triad system (Mage beats fighter who beats archer who beats mage)

We don't have that we have (fighter beats mage fighter beats fighter who beats archer)

something that would help is a spell that could be cast instantly blows fighters away giving the mage time to cast, not affecting archers as they are out of its range and arrows not giving knock-back so fighters can beat them,(this is also moving the ranged weapons ability over to agility instead of physical to separate them)

This is a simple thing that would add some diversity to how people would play.

Having max stats for the different classes would diverse those as well, fighter can get a max of 20 strength whereas a mage can only get a max of 14, even with potions

taming

You can level personality and tame monsters though there is no system in place to make it worth it. Have horses wild and need this to tame and ride, have other monsters that are findable be able to ride, some maybe fly like a zeppelin when rode.

Some could do a digging animation and if you have a shovel dig and get a bit more money.

Have a leveling system for them so even if you don't personally fight you can level your pet to fight in your stead.

end note

My ideas and opinions, take it how you will . If there's anything I've said that has already been said I couldn't be asked to read through all the pages <3

Last edited by Slade0Hiro; 10-12-2013 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Was going to add more but found the character limit xD
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Graal Police
cwc money is an unknown quantity at this point
There are definitely some very good, and some not so ideal ideas but frankly i believe for the most part Shaco is correct. Though as challenging as some of them may be to work out, development wise, we should really consider them.

I'd also like to point out the obvious here. This thread is very new, and yet there is 9 pages already. Before anyone feels left out or overlooked please consider this. Reading, considering, and working on the large amount of fair to good ideas will take time. Please be patient

[QUOTE=Slade0Hiro;1723241]

taming

You can level personality and tame monsters though there is no system in place to make it worth it. Have horses wild and need this to tame and ride, have other monsters that are findable be able to ride, some maybe fly like a zeppelin when rode.

Some could do a digging animation and if you have a shovel dig and get a bit more money.

Have a leveling system for them so even if you don't personally fight you can level your pet to fight in your stead.

end note

Would love to be able to run around riding a Evil Bomy Lord <3

P.S.
Shaco: Very outdated statistics, gears, and locations but your in the right place. We get your meaning :P

A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.
Henry Ward Beecher

Fenix Vimes: [pssobl;y

New RC: Stefan - away (Stefan)
Stefan changed his/her nick to *Stefan
New NC: Stefan
*Stefan: hi
*Stefan: is lag a little bit less today?
*Stefan: ok
*Stefan: cya

Last edited by cwc money; 10-12-2013 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Message addition
Old 10-12-2013, 10:28 AM
FAQ
Slade0Hiro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Slade0Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc money View Post
There are definitely some very good, and some not so ideal ideas but frankly i believe for the most part Shaco is correct. Though as challenging as some of them may be to work out, development wise, we should really consider them.
Am I Shaco? feel like you're replying to my post but that's not my name xD

Quote:
Would love to be able to run around riding a Evil Bomy Lord <3
It's a right we've been denied for far too long

Quote:
P.S.
Shaco: Very outdated statistics, gears, and locations but your in the right place. We get your meaning :P
Was thinking what I know would be out of date i'm not the most active member of graal anymore lol. But I'm glad that the meaning got through
Old 10-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Casting really needs work.

Casting is currently interrupted when you get hit. Perhaps it should only be a chance of interruption based on your skill level in magic.

You cast a spell, THEN the casting animation plays. The casting animation should be playing while you're casting. Leaves way too much room for you to be interrupted and makes it rather slow.

Casting via mouse is really clunky. It needs to be worked on.

Damage doesn't go up with your magic level but MP cost does.

We have a lot of spells, but most of them aren't worth using. They either do nothing or are rather pointless. Different kinds of spells would be a plus too with various AoE's, projectile paths, effects, spell behaviors, etc.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Soon we will release a new treasure map. After that we are planning to release a new crypt. Treasure map after Halloween Events, and the new crypt hopefully mid november or beginning of December.

I agree, magic/alchemy needs some attention aswell. Which we will get to some time.
Do not forget that the staff on GK work for free and see all of that as some kind of hobby. So please be patient.

If you want to help, you can PM me anytime on GK.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
To be fair this stuff has been broken for a long time

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-13-2013, 03:04 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
To be fair, Nico has only been Manager for little over 8 months and we have seen more development under Nico than we have since the server first came out. To be fair.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Tee Hee
Yes he has, and I appreciate him trying.

Don Hertzfeldt <3