Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
If i had one of those sewer houses, I wouldn't like having it because it is close to unstick me.

I would like having a house to sit down and store my items.
Yeah well to be honest I shouldve bought a SR house, but belive it or not they do get boring unless its some mystical wonderland with like 20 levels.

I also think for this new Era that there should be like a list you can pull up where people can put their events up, and people join their events, and basically these "events" would be a warp to their house for whatever reason they want.

Lets say i wanted to have a house party, then I would go to the events list, type the name of what it is, type a description, pay like 500 bucks, then hit ok. Boom a bunch of players come to my house for whatever reason now.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
hotkeys plz

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Everytime I see ya...
I think Era should have a large system of caves for the mines, like a cave gmap.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so

Old 12-12-2009, 01:49 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
I'd like to see another Twee

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I want Dippin' Donuts to sell jelly donuts!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned
LoStSuRfEr1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so
i concur
Old 12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.
Our biggest problem has been trying to find a competent artist who would actually be willing to take on the task. We've recently hired a new staff member (Luke) and might have a second one to help out soon, as well.

The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.

Last edited by salesman; 12-14-2009 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: fix'd order =D
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post

The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.
But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.
Chris and I are not artists, so our time is spent on kick ass systems.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.
I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see.
Easier said than done.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.
He means because of technical limitations, not because of how much work it'll take.