Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 03:50 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Can this even be fixed? Levels are 1024 pixels large, and gmaps only render surrounding levels. That's 3072 pixels right there... can he really fix this without some major changes?
Things like this end happening as well until the screen is refreshed. It seems to fail ungracefully until Graal is resized or you go to an inside level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gmapbug2.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	52954  
Old 05-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Things like this end happening as well until the screen is refreshed. It seems to fail ungracefully until Graal is resized or you go to an inside level.
Ya I deleted the post 'cause I realized what you meant with the screenshot.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Font looks better in v6 if you ask me o-o
Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Maxo14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I... really dont see any issues with the fonts at all O_o
Maybe you guys just got WAY too used to v5's fonts? although it seems like v6 fonts are slightly bigger than v5, just sayin' :]
Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
I -think- the problem is that the fonts in v6 are being bolded vertically as well. This normally isn't how bolding works. Look at my screenshots I posted previously, in v5(and with any normal text) when a font is bolded it appears thicker only horizontally, while vertically it remains the same. This is not the case in v6 where the font appears... bulkier and thicker all around.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
It seems a lot like Windows "ClearType" designed to smooth fonts on LCD monitors to be easier to read text.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
It seems a lot like Windows "ClearType" designed to smooth fonts on LCD monitors to be easier to read text.
Aye, and that's fine(though ClearType allows you to adjust it to minimize the "blur" because the purpose is to give fonts AA, not make them blurry). The problem as far as I can finally see is that the bold is being applied vertically to fonts when it shouldn't be.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like sounds stop playing when changing levels on a gmap. I believe that's been a problem for a while, actually? I'm playing the sounds with play(), and when I walk into another level while on a gmap and the sound is playing, it just stops :/ Using a weapon NPC to play it.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Seems like sounds stop playing when changing levels on a gmap. I believe that's been a problem for a while, actually? I'm playing the sounds with play(), and when I walk into another level while on a gmap and the sound is playing, it just stops :/ Using a weapon NPC to play it.
I fixed a similar problem on Era a while back. One of the levels near unstick had a stopMusic() command in onPlayerEnters, so every time the player entered a new level near unstick their music stopped.

After removing that we had no further problems on GMAPs with sound (on Windows v6). One thing to note is that some GANIs use "PARAM1" for sound, and if no first parameter is given, they can stop the music. Guessing your issue is probably server-related.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I fixed a similar problem on Era a while back. One of the levels near unstick had a stopMusic() command in onPlayerEnters, so every time the player entered a new level near unstick their music stopped.

After removing that we had no further problems on GMAPs with sound (on Windows v6). One thing to note is that some GANIs use "PARAM1" for sound, and if no first parameter is given, they can stop the music. Guessing your issue is probably server-related.
Dammit D: I'll have to look into that then.. Thanks.

Edit: Went through everything. Doesn't seem to be caused by me. No ganis around that could possible do anything, a /scriptscan for stopsound doesn't return anything that could be the issue... no idea :/
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Dammit D: I'll have to look into that then.. Thanks.

Edit: Went through everything. Doesn't seem to be caused by me. No ganis around that could possible do anything, a /scriptscan for stopsound doesn't return anything that could be the issue... no idea :/
Be sure to check for stopmidi and stopmusic too. Best of luck, it was a pain finding everything on Era that was causing it.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Be sure to check for stopmidi and stopmusic too. Best of luck, it was a pain finding everything on Era that was causing it.
Not using them. Any idea what else might be causing it? :/

Edit: I'm really hoping this is a bug in the client. I tried this somewhere on the gmap where there's absolutely nothing around (no possibility of level NPCs causing it), no ganis with sounds involved, I removed all of my weapon NPCs (except one with a code snippet that'd play a sound so I could test); nothing. Still stops the sound when changing levels.

Last edited by Crow; 06-01-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Which server and level/map?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Which server and level/map?
Atlantis, tested on atlantis.gmap.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I've tested the sounds, it was working fine for me. But I haven't found sounds which played for longer time, so it was not easy to see. Is there anything on Atlantis which plays more than a few milliseconds?

Tags
graal v6, windows