Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
change your expectations.
how about change your attitude?

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
But more importantly, realize your nostalgia and the effect it has on your memories.
I'm sorry that old era was fun ?

So sorry.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
That anime girl is CherryKao / Sarah from Era. If you don't know who she is go to GreenRoads.

http://www.cherrykao.com/
I know who they are (mostly sarah, cherry is more of a name to my memory), but the way they were drawn made it easily mistakable for lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
and this website was waaaaayyyy different when I viewed it some years ago, there was more "art" of Sarah
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it's a new era of Era, why the **** should they change the name? It's perfect.

I've got an idea - change your expectations.

But more importantly, realize your nostalgia and the effect it has on your memories.
Ugggghhhhhh, I hate it when people use recycled opinions like these -- especially since all the half-wits and unthinkers are using them nowadays.

Why do I like Old Era so much? Well, it was a LOT less repetitive than it is today. I mean, there are some cool new things like event bots and PKing in no-pk zones, but these are temporary fixes at best. Now, we have a lot less variety (except for guns, but most of them are very similar anyways). Hell, there are only two gangs left now!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
The reason I believe old Era was most appealing to players was due primarily to its players and not the content. Current Era has by far more content that old Era did as well as higher quality content. Old Era on the other hand had much more players who devote themselves to this game in a different way than the current player count. [I]That[I] is what old Era was.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 07-21-2010, 07:46 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Zeratul101 View Post
Ugggghhhhhh, I hate it when people use recycled opinions like these -- especially since all the half-wits and unthinkers are using them nowadays.

Why do I like Old Era so much? Well, it was a LOT less repetitive than it is today. I mean, there are some cool new things like event bots and PKing in no-pk zones, but these are temporary fixes at best. Now, we have a lot less variety (except for guns, but most of them are very similar anyways). Hell, there are only two gangs left now!
Well first of all, "unthinkers"? Really?

Second of all, you really proved your point. A LOT less repetitive. I just wasn't looking at it in the right light. Clearly you're correct. If you're going to make some blanket statement like that, you better ****ing back it up with some facts. Please give some specifics.

Most gangs added nothing to the server. A slightly altered base, ****ty new uniform, and a new gun. Cool! Whether there's 2, 4, or 8, there's really not that much difference. There's always a few exceptions to the rule. Era Police, for example, was actually different.

What other kind of variety are you remembering? There were fewer options to mindlessly make money, although the (Postman) tag was a definite perk. There were still useless businesses (Deliday Hotel, hi spike!). Raiding for the sake of raiding and PKing for the sake of PKing. It's not like there was some bigger purpose for Era back then. The only really big difference was that the community was much larger and more active. But the biggest difference was that it was all new and fresh for you and I, making it a much more enjoyable experience. Eight years with minor changes and you can hardly expect to have the same thrill you did so long ago.

Personally, I'd argue that the reason Era's so boring and pointless these days is that it hasn't changed enough.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
.....Chrisz, Angel, Delph and Zorg gave me free stuff cause I r super lazy.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
If "old Era" was put up today, I'd be willing to put money down on the fact that you would be thoroughly disappointed, and just as bored as you are now. The game itself really hasn't changed that much aside from the community. What's really changed is your maturity and expectations. It was fun for me when I was 13 years old, too!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
I remember the first time I played on Era. I got out of the hospital and I suddenly got attacked by someone who had a chain. It was fun being chased by the chain. I think it was the time when you can never go outside unless you were able to take care of yourself meaning that you can fight off those who attacked you.

Your abilities to create wonder relies on your level of imagination.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
If "old Era" was put up today, I'd be willing to put money down on the fact that you would be thoroughly disappointed, and just as bored as you are now. The game itself really hasn't changed that much aside from the community. What's really changed is your maturity and expectations. It was fun for me when I was 13 years old, too!
yeah
Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I'd say "old era" was more fun, but nothing could ever be "put up" to bring that fun back. You're right that its the community that changed, but everyone still wishes for the old community back. Even the old community has changed though. The game just got too serious for some people.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Sonniku4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vman13x View Post
oh and that one time torque or someone made that staff block base on the beach and all the recruiters in lc were there lol.
you're bloody welcome.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I liked Era when it wasn't offline.