Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Actually Tig I did the QFT because most parents don't even realize that sms could be used for this. I mean they would find out when they got the bill but by then its too late and the gelats are already spent.

@James: I'm 30 and my parents live over 300 miles away. How am I spoiled?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Actually Tig I did the QFT because most parents don't even realize that sms could be used for this. I mean they would find out when they got the bill but by then its too late and the gelats are already spent.

@James: I'm 30 and my parents live over 300 miles away. How am I spoiled?
Again, I don't care how old you are or how far your parents live away from you. Why are you quoting a statement for truth when it's not the truth? Circumstances vary, some parents may care, but a lot of kids would be punished. I've already said this.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
If they make it cheaper then raise the prices again, won't the playercount decline and end up eventually in a situation like it's in now? If I was paying for a game annually for £20, and they raised it to £40 when I don't think it's worth £40 then I would leave and I imagine quite a few others would too. This is why people aren't paying now as the prices have went up for some people.
The amount of content (good and bad) might increase due to more players (and bring in more), and more players will raise chances of them knowing how to model 3D objects, etc.
You get the idea, it might, or might not, raise the amount of good content coming in. That's why they'd increase the price a bit at a time to see what happens.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Lets not make it non gold instead lets give new players a gold trial period or each new computer that signs up a free gold period for them to test out the servers and stuff and if they enjoy it they can subscribe if not then they can stay trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Again, I don't care how old you are or how far your parents live away from you. Why are you quoting a statement for truth when it's not the truth? Circumstances vary, some parents may care, but a lot of kids would be punished. I've already said this.
Agreed. Even though i still live with my parents, p.s. am only 15
anyway ya i live with my parents and i know they'd be angry if i stole from them thats why the sms system is really idiotic because it could result in a dedication in players, due to parents blocking them off from the game with firewalls or etc
Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
lol @ people who say they're happy with the 20 or so tops players that play on GK. A close-knit community is no excuse to not try to expand the playerbase. Sorry, but you can keep your close-knit community even if there are 100 people.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
If they make it cheaper then raise the prices again, won't the playercount decline and end up eventually in a situation like it's in now? If I was paying for a game annually for £20, and they raised it to £40 when I don't think it's worth £40 then I would leave and I imagine quite a few others would too. This is why people aren't paying now as the prices have went up for some people.
I didn't say they lower the price and immediately shoot it back up when the playercount picks up.
What i'm saying is the price gets lowered, stays that way for a long period of time, when the player count is substantially high, a gradual (def not +£20) increase in price like an extra £1.50 each time they bump it up (for good reason) and i feel the max Graal sub should even be is £25-£30 PA. It shouldn't come close to a years WoW actually.

What graal did is raise the cost of a pretty poor product... Graal is great but again, compare it to wow and others. In almost all cases, sales (players:customers) decrease when costs rise.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I didn't say they lower the price and immediately shoot it back up when the playercount picks up.
What i'm saying is the price gets lowered, stays that way for a long period of time, when the player count is substantially high, a gradual (def not +£20) increase in price like an extra £1.50 each time they bump it up (for good reason) and i feel the max Graal sub should even be is £25-£30 PA. It shouldn't come close to a years WoW actually.

What graal did is raise the cost of a pretty poor product... Graal is great but again, compare it to wow and others. In almost all cases, sales (players:customers) decrease when costs rise.
First you need to get the product into the market before sales increase, i don't believe graal fails at getting subs because of the cost more because of the lack of advertisement, because as you can see we don't even actually have that many trials running around, so i recommend getting graal out there, where people can find so that the product spreads and generally a well marketed product gets quite a bit of business but that's just my opinion, also give specials to long time users, which will make them stay a little longer if you start reducing sub prices with each time they resub.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
lol @ people who say they're happy with the 20 or so tops players that play on GK. A close-knit community is no excuse to not try to expand the playerbase. Sorry, but you can keep your close-knit community even if there are 100 people.
Doing our best to justify our low playercount. Mega denial.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

What you see as truth and what I see as truth are quite different. You need to keep this in mind. I know the kids would be punished but only after the fact .

There is still the fact that they would actually do it. Although thankfully these days where i live you can get your kids a pre-paid credit card in which they can only spend whats loaded onto it.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
First you need to get the product into the market before sales increase, i don't believe graal fails at getting subs because of the cost more because of the lack of advertisement, because as you can see we don't even actually have that many trials running around, so i recommend getting graal out there, where people can find so that the product spreads and generally a well marketed product gets quite a bit of business but that's just my opinion, also give specials to long time users, which will make them stay a little longer if you start reducing sub prices with each time they resub.
Already said graal needs to be advertised and marketed well.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Already said graal needs to be advertised and marketed well.
Needs to be presentable before that.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Indeed. I think both the game and the community need some attention.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
This topic should really be moved to a more appropriate section xD turned into waaaay more than GK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Which is why Stefan needs to get his butt back on Graal.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
This topic should really be moved to a more appropriate section xD turned into waaaay more than GK.

Which is why Stefan needs to get his butt back on Graal.
what're you talking abouttttt? he logs on, tells people that he's busy, and logs off!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
I can make up a whole list of what's wrong with GK and how to fix it, but I don't feel like doing it. If anyone's interested let me know and I might consider it.

If GK actually gets revived then I'll be Jesus

Making it non-gold wouldn't really solve the problem in the long run.