Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I just got the following comment for one of my youtube videos:

Quote:
this looks so fun! this is on the paid version for Graal PC? All the capture the flag and u know....
I couldn't say yes or no, only that trials are unable to play events not because we choose for them to be, but because of the fact the terrible built-in restriction observer mode causes too many problems and disruption to events, and that this can be attributed to the fact PC Graal is being neglected by its owners.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Bayne_graal is on a distinguished road
It's best you don't let them suffer as we are now.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Is this F2P offer still availible and could we get some more details about the requirements of a Playerworld/classic Server to go F2P? Valikorlia is really interested in this offer.

Please get in contact with me or Cort (darkshaed) our Manager.
Thanks.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Is this F2P offer still availible and could we get some more details about the requirements of a Playerworld/classic Server to go F2P? Valikorlia is really interested in this offer.
Even if this were not available, or they are out-right refusing to remove observer mode for additional servers regardless of how much work and planning put towards it, it would be good to have an honest answer confirming it one way or the other, or some clarity as to whether they even want to move PC Graal forward.

When I was told currencies and systems needed to be secure among other issues of trust, I had fully anticipated it, and wasted no time in presenting scripted systems which should be convincing. Having then received no responses for a large period of time suggests to me these were nothing but lame excuses for the sake of blowing off responsibility.

Burying heads in the sand is not making the problem go away, if anything it is making it even harder. Server developers such as myself do not know for sure how much effort should be designated towards planning and preparing micro-transactions, and how much effort should be towards normal updates.
If Stefan can categorically state observer mode cannot be removed, we can move on and try our best, if he can give reasons for a plan being unsatisfactory we can put in extra work to make it satisfactory.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Even if this were not available, or they are out-right refusing to remove observer mode for additional servers regardless of how much work and planning put towards it, it would be good to have an honest answer confirming it one way or the other, or some clarity as to whether they even want to move PC Graal forward.
Could not agree more with this.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
In the case of Stefan simply being swamped with too much work, and therefore not having enough time to fit something like this in between existing projects, there is no shame in admitting it, it is quite clear to see and easy to understand.

I am not asking for immediate action, only assurance that it is worthwhile to continue work in the hope of greater accomplishment, for the server I have lead the redevelopment from scratch for nearly 3 years, which is also the server that has arguably contributed the most to Graal. It's difficult to plan ahead when the last clarification of plans for PC Graal occurred within this very thread over an entire year ago.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
which is also the server that has arguably contributed the most to Graal
From their perspective it has evolved and moved on where it is being enjoyed by thousands. It would be nice to see some love for the PC servers though.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 PM
E-Man
E_Man will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Observer mode is a restriction that ****s players
I agree with that and I think that observer mode should be removed, it disrupts gameplay making it less enjoyable.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned
On the 19th July last year I received the following forum PM:

Quote:
Stefan: Thanks for the new post you have made in the thread
This was in response to the following post:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Do you think with the invention of facebook Graal, pc graal may eventually be obsolete?
No, Facebook + iPhone show that Graal works as a convenient chat device with an avatar, and that the concept of micro-transactions can be worthwhile.

If anything I've had conversations with 2 of the top staff members of each of the 2 iPhone servers (so 4 in all) where they have expressed their frustration at not having the freedom to develop/improve the server in the way they would prefer, and how so much priority is placed on making money as opposed to improving the game.

It is this ability for players to develop the game that sets PC Graal apart, and provided a fairer subscription policy is implemented, aswell as the game becoming more accessible such as via web browser (planned I believe) it is perfectly possible for PC Graal to move up to the same par if not beyond that of Facebook.
I'm curious, but does anyone know which part it might have been that I was thanked for saying?

Last edited by ffcmike; 06-14-2012 at 11:21 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
I'm curious, but does anyone know which part it might have been that I was thanked for saying?
I assume the first sentence.

Quote:
No, Facebook + iPhone show that Graal works as a convenient chat device with an avatar, and that the concept of micro-transactions can be worthwhile.
Complimenting the work as some form of accomplishment.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I assume the first sentence.
The first line was more of a criticism though.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
who cares
Old 06-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
who cares
lol
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Sorry, my internet cable and dish network cables were accidentally cut in the last day. Someone had to fix it... Metaphorically speaking I was on a temporary observermode I guess. Did I miss anything, did Stefan do the fair thing and improve anything worthwhile?

I wish I kept those 100 iClassic tile error pictures.
Might have them on a hard drive... They could come in handy to see the amazing content iClassic users are given, that we might not have.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
The first line was more of a criticism though.
Seems more like you were flat out saying that something was capable of working. Which can be construed as a positive thing to say. I was confused too trying to look and that's the best I could see.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.