Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned
Frieza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Frieza
theres no real compatition in events anymore, i remember when events where fun and winning the event weapons was actually appealing, now winning a months worth of a weapon thats lost its appeal just seems pretty pointless.

revive v2 <3
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
Zone isnt a Events based server....its PvP(Player vs Player) server, and thats what you usually do when you are completing missions at the planets, attacking the enemy etc. I think that Events are hosted at Zone for people to break up with the rutine and just have some fun. Though of course there are Events used to host off special weapons too.
Bull****. The only thing keeping Zone alive is the god damn events. I challenge the Zone staff to go two months without hosting and see what the playercount is.

The speical weapons? Please. You can either buy them, or get it on the weekend. Which made Reapers, BPS, and RPS lose any sort of speical value since it's hosted way to damn much. The event system before this bull**** was perfectly fine, But the mangement sucked and they couldn't put out enough updates to keep people happy.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
The speical weapons? Please. You can either buy them, or get it on the weekend. Which made Reapers, BPS, and RPS lose any sort of speical value since it's hosted way to damn much.
you can only get them by wining certian events and at certian times, i think that makes them special.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
you can only get them by wining certian events and at certian times, i think that makes them special.
Every other weekend DOESN'T make them speical in anyway.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Zone isn't a Events based server....its PvP(Player vs Player) server, and thats what you usually do when you are completing missions at the planets, attacking the enemy etc. I think that Events are hosted at Zone for people to break up with the rutine and just have some fun. Though of course there are Events used to host off special weapons too.
I don't know if you were saying there are certain qualities of a PvP server that Zone lacks, or if you were suggesting they be added. Either way we don't have missions, aside from the objectives on each planet, and the objectives on each planet are usually ignored to base lame.

Events are hosted to break up the routine, but they are also so consistent that they actually make up the need for new content. There has not been any "new" content other than the mini event planets and platform. It would be great to see a new map, and as seen from the F8 Graal news, Zone Bunker is coming soon!

Quote:
The only thing keeping Zone alive is the god damn events. I challenge the Zone staff to go two months without hosting and see what the playercount is.

The special weapons? Please. You can either buy them, or get it on the weekend. Which made Reapers, BPS, and RPS lose any sort of special value since it's hosted way to damn much. The event system before this bull**** was perfectly fine, But the mangement sucked and they couldn't put out enough updates to keep people happy.
I think Zone's playercount may be in part sustained by the events, but there is actual game play for those who do not participate in the events. I think Nataxo is dead on by saying the events are basically a form of fresh air.

The management before was pretty much non existent. Vulcan was manager until around December of 2006 and resigned sometime in the few months after? (Crono would probably know for sure I don't remember the exact dates) and the management was between Crono and Huwajux. Huwajux got the position as ETA (I believe?) and then Dan was hired to manage (10-25-2007) because we still lacked a manger, unless ETA's acted as manager? I never really understood that situation. Right before Dan took over, Vulcan was still helping out on debug and was developing content with Crono. I don't think it would be fair to say that they didn't provide updates, they just provided large updates (Aspar, Gwars) very rarely as opposed to the new mini updates (Snowrace, Jumprace, Lava Event, Platform)

At before our management I believe they lacked scripting help, seeing as the only help was provided from Stefan and possibly gambet? Little was able to be done with minimal experience of the debug workers with scripts (I guess?)and Stefan's inability to hand feed them and complete scripts for them.

The best thing to say would be that each management has its own different style and just because you do not prefer the type of management that is currently being provided, does not mean that updates are not given to Zone. We just lack the larger high quality updates and instead receive somewhat less quality mini updates over an extended period of time. Perhaps some of the new content will be permanent, but as far as permanent content goes there is already quite a bit and to add something new would most likely require removing other content. That might be why events are relied upon so heavily.

The events system before now did not work because we had a significant lack of players who did not have much skill (Myself included) who were able to win simply because all of the other more skilled players won their permanent weapons and were not allowed to participate in events. Now events are more constant because there are mini prizes and now they can much more easily control the number of event weapons in circulation because permanent weapons could and most likely did have a long lasting effect. The current event weapons are special to a degree but with lack of new weapons with new unique twists and turns provided, the weekend event weapons are not as rare as they were in past times.

(Crono you would know some of the staff stuff better than I would)

Also the point of this thread is not to compare and contrast the styles of our management. It was to inform everyone that new things are being introduced on Zone. Perhaps we will see some interesting updates soon!

Last edited by pooper200000; 09-25-2008 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 09-25-2008, 03:23 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
Events are hosted to break up the routine, but they are also so consistent that they actually make up the need for new content. There has not been any "new" content other than the mini event planets and platform. It would be great to see a new map, and as seen from the F8 Graal news, Zone Bunker is coming soon!
The routine of killing? That's the point of the server. Events is the only thing keeping Zone alive and you need that. Here's a mass message from Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Opposite (Sun Sep 14 15:15:09 2008):

Mass message:
I'm going to finish the bunker map tonight or tomorrow, which means it will be added within a few days (or next week)! There will be a helicopter on it probally. A jeep will be decoration first but can be driven by 2 players later on!
Since it's a mass, I do believe i'm allowed to post it? So where's the bunker map? Oh i know. Nothing on Graal gets released as planned. They say they're fixing the bugs. But they're not.

Quote:
I think Zone's playercount may be in part sustained by the events, but there is actual game play for those who do not participate in the events. I think Nataxo is dead on by saying the events are basically a form of fresh air.
I think Zone's playercount is nothing but events. They only time they do something else is when a event isn't being hosted. Which that leaves like 5-6 people on iricia. Sure alot of people!

Quote:
The management before was pretty much non existent. Vulcan was manager until around December of 2006 and resigned sometime in the few months after? (Crono would probably know for sure I don't remember the exact dates) and the management was between Crono and Huwajux. Huwajux got the position as ETA (I believe?) and then Dan was hired to manage (10-25-2007) because we still lacked a manger, unless ETA's acted as manager? I never really understood that situation. Right before Dan took over, Vulcan was still helping out on debug and was developing content with Crono. I don't think it would be fair to say that they didn't provide updates, they just provided large updates (Aspar, Gwars) very rarely as opposed to the new mini updates (Snowrace, Jumprace, Lava Event, Platform)
Yet, people who were actually there would prefer to have that back. I even want it back. You know how Vulcan and me are. Huwajux got it from Crono either refusing it(?) or because that Crono was inactive. I'm not sure on that part. Might of been because they could trust Huwajux more. Aspar sucked, and Gwars dropship sucked. All that was a recolor and they took Zone Wars map for the idea of Gwars. Those mini updates are over-hosted. You've even said this yourself. I find it complete bull**** that Zone needs events to keep it alive. I would prefer mindless idiots looking for a cyber girlfriend UN for Zone then it being depended on events that are over hosted to keep people on Zone.

Quote:
At before our management I believe they lacked scripting help, seeing as the only help was provided from Stefan and possibly gambet? Little was able to be done with minimal experience of the debug workers with scripts (I guess?)and Stefan's inability to hand feed them and complete scripts for them.
Stefan could of actually listen to us for once? Zone didn't have updates because Stefan didn't listen one bit to the players. Vulcan was the manager back then, HE could of hired a scripter to help out, But did he? No. It's not just Stefan inability to hand feed them. Infact, it's not HIS JOB to do all the stuff for Zone. His job is to make sure everything runs smoothand eat pizza

Quote:
The best thing to say would be that each management has its own different style and just because you do not prefer the type of management that is currently being provided, does not mean that updates are not given to Zone. We just lack the larger high quality updates and instead receive somewhat less quality mini updates over an extended period of time. Perhaps some of the new content will be permanent, but as far as permanent content goes there is already quite a bit and to add something new would most likely require removing other content. That might be why events are relied upon so heavily.
I wasn't even saying i didn't like the updates, I love that they're updating Zone. I hate the quality of the work. It takes that long to make a map, Yet. They can't beat iricia? They tried improving iricia, And it upset alot of people, And we only got it changed back with a *** map a few weeks/ a month(s) ago. Perhaps we put everything that was in the Zone shop before V5 BACK IN IT, and SWITCH IT AROUND. One Gelat, One shop, One gelat, One shop. etc. Events are relied on to make the server what it is.

Quote:
The events system before now did not work because we had a significant lack of players who did not have much skill (Myself included) who were able to win simply because all of the other more skilled players won their permanent weapons and were not allowed to participate in events. Now events are more constant because there are mini prizes and now they can much more easily control the number of event weapons in circulation because permanent weapons could and most likely did have a long lasting effect. The current event weapons are special to a degree but with lack of new weapons with new unique twists and turns provided, the weekend event weapons are not as rare as they were in past times.
Which brings us to the old saying "You want, You earn it". I hope i don't have to explain this to you. The mini prizes are ok. But it's hosted WAY TO DAMN MUCH. Zone's degree to put out weapons is to making them insanly weak or over powered. They can't balence anything for **** and you know that. They're not as rare because one of them is hosted every weekend. I'm about to get a crew together, Make new accounts and have everyone chip into a paypal account and buy Graal accounts and ruin events by winning them over and over. After all, It stacks and it's fair. We're not breaking no rules are we?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Stefan and Dan are about to upload Bunker. they where gonna do this before but it couldnt be done for some reasons i wont discuss about.

Last edited by Nataxo; 09-25-2008 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 09-25-2008, 03:41 AM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Stefan and Dan are about to upload Bunker. they where gonna do this before but it couldnt be done for some reasons i wont discuss about.
Aww, ran into a bug?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I was always just an ET. I was hired after Huwajux, he was higher on the food-chain so to speak.

In 2006, I think it was, Vulcan and I started to work on a new map but we lost motivation.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I was always just an ET. I was hired after Huwajux, he was higher on the food-chain so to speak.

In 2006, I think it was, Vulcan and I started to work on a new map but we lost motivation.
What the hell? Where did that come from?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
What the hell? Where did that come from?
My bad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321
Huwajux got it from Crono either refusing it(?) or because that Crono was inactive. I'm not sure on that part. Might of been because they could trust Huwajux more.
Also just confirmed/cleared stuff Supernanny was saying.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Cake'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I don't know if you were saying there are certain qualities of a PvP server that Zone lacks, or if you were suggesting they be added. Either way we don't have missions, aside from the objectives on each planet, and the objectives on each planet are usually ignored to base lame.

with "missions" i mean objectives. sorry =P
Old 09-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
My bad:

Also just confirmed/cleared stuff Supernanny was saying.
Oh ok.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
<wall of ignorance>
You're not funny. You're not cool. You're a waste of space and your opinions are idiotic. None of your counterarguments make sense and you just repeat the same thing over and over.

We do our best with what we have. The bunker map is uploaded and is being released in the next 30 minutes. Have a nice day.

Last edited by pooper200000; 10-07-2008 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: Discussion of bans is not allowed.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
The Forum Bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante55555 View Post
<Wall of denial>
So even though Zone is a event server, and your denying it which is completely idiotiac. Which is what i've been stating because all your agurements is "Is not" without stating any facts. So, please. Try to use some facts and not just "YOU JOHN YOU FAIL AT EVERYTHING" logic shall we?

Oh and that's how LONG after what Dan said it was going to be released? Really, if you guys can't dish out on the release date. Don't expect people to take anything seriously. I accept that there is the occasonial delays, But everytime is a no.
Closed Thread